Triumph won't charge

OP Misfit77

8th August 2011, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

111 posts
I got my Triumph and it will not charge no matter where I have plugged it in or fiddled with the charger. It does not matter whether it is on or off. I have been using the wall charger that's included and I have tried USB through my computer. Before I go to the hassle of sending my triumph back I wanted to see if there is a solution. Thanks in advance.
8th August 2011, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 185

750 posts
The first one I got did this sometimes as well. I took it back and swapped it.
8th August 2011, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Jumpstart
My triumph would not even turn on strait out of the box. I had to "Jumpstart" the battery, here is a link on how to do it. thejosea.com/2011/02/jump-start-your-droid-when-no-wall.html (Sorry i cant post links yet, gonna have to copy paste)

You pretty much have to charge the battery by its self outside of the phone. Once you do this let it sit charging for about 20 minutes then try to charge it through the phone.

You should only have to do this once.

It seems like the batteries are not being shipped charged and they run "Dry".
8th August 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

507 posts
More
You MIGHT want to try a different USB cable.

I'm using my Nook Color adapter(1A) and a generic USB cord which works fine, however one time I accidentally used my Optimus V cable and it would NOT charge while the MT was up and running, however it WOULD charge IF I powered down the MT...

I haven't even tried the cable that came with MT yet... nor have I tried charging via a USB port on my nb, but I imagine that would be REALLY sssslllloooowwwww....
9th August 2011, 07:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

166 posts
I exchanged my device for a new one, and with my new phone, when plugged in, the lock screen no longer shows "Chargin" with the %. Any ideas how to bring it back?
9th August 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #6  

750 posts
It only shows that if you're on an AC charge. If you're on USB it won't.
9th August 2011, 08:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

166 posts
I've tried on 2 different AC chargers and it still doesn't display
9th August 2011, 09:39 PM   |  #8  

750 posts
Same cord? The AC pins have to be shorted or it won't go into AC charge mode. I have a couple of USB cords that work fine for connections to the computer but will not go into AC mode (the USB cords that come with the Optimus are known for doing this on other phones, incidentally....)

It'll charge without AC mode being "engaged" but at the 500ma rate instead of the 1A rate, so it will take a lot longer.
27th September 2011, 06:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Simpsonville, SC
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
the answer is simple.....due to crappy crappy design of micro usb the charge port actually comes un-soldered from the board and obviously it no longer will charge nor will usb work!!! now before you ramble on with how do i know i wondered why mine wouldn't worked i opened the phone and notice the micro usb pins were not attached anymore....i have sent this in to Motorola which gives you a 2 year warranty instead of virgin mobiles crap $5 a month insurence then you still have to pay like $100 to get a new phone!!! so i will post how everything goes so far i know the repair center is in McAllen TX and they give you a free 2day shipping label valued at $100 to send in the phone!
27th September 2011, 12:19 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
You might want to try plugging it into a wall (not pc) and leave it for 20 minutes. Mine ran completely dry one time and it wouldn't display nothing until it charged for a while. If you've already tried this then definitely take it back.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread