5,594,151 Members 46,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] DrainGuard - Monitor your drain in standby!

Tip us?

walda
Old
(Last edited by walda; 17th August 2011 at 07:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
Talking [APP] DrainGuard - Monitor your drain in standby!

We want to introduce our 2nd App - DrainGuard.
German Version

Some may know the Tasker script which I have written for the DesireHD; this was the basic idea to be converted into an independent app. Of course with much more setting possibilities which would not have been possible with Tasker.

What DrainGuard is able to do?
One of the main worries with smartphones is the battery consumption. The fact that a smartphone uses battery if you work with it is quite clear. Therefore this consumption is to neglect - the more it is used, the more it uses and the shorter reaches the battery.

The main saving possibilities are therefore in standby.

DrainGuard should help you to watch the consumption in standby. Standby? The time between a ScreenOff and a ScreenOn. DrainGuard informs the user when turning the display on about the battery consumption. This is quite exact configurable, a 2-stage log file is provided if requested, when a too high drain occurs in standby the user is notified, some values can be displayed via minimalisticText widget.

The intelligence of DrainGuard - the special in it:
It would be easy to indicate "only" the difference between ScreenOff and On and would also be not very expressively.

A small example:
Take an average drain in standby of 1% / h.
if you dont use the phone for 5 hours -> 5% of battery consumption
If you use it now for 1h you get ex. +/-15% drain, in the next 1 hour of standby it DOES NOT use ONLY 1% as before, but approx. +/-3-4%. The battery needs apparently "to calm down" for some time again. Thats the 1st point of Drainguard. This "calming down" can be skipped.

Another problem of measurement are the short ScreenOn's. ex. "what's the time?" “have I missed a phone call / SMS?” or a short telephone call etc....
These short breaks would interrupt the measurement which would not be necessary. The 2nd point of DrainGuard: these short ScreenOn's can also be skipped.

The result of the measurements will be shown via notifications or via toasts (the small popups in android) when the screen is turned back on.

Further Instructions and Infos on our Homepage: CLICK ME

The App is available as TRIAL (Free) version in market. TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.

TRIAL:
Market-Link

The PRO Key App is available for 0,89 EUR in market. Just install it and the TRIAL automatically becomes a FULL Version.

PRO Key:
Market Link

Please try the TRIAL Version until you are sure, it works properly on your device!!.

Edit:
TRIAL APK uploaded to the Thread. It is not recommended to use this version because of no update notification on a new release via market. Only use this APK if you can not download it via market!

Edit2:

How to get a minimalistic Text widget work with DrainGuard?

1.) Please download ZIP from attachment section.
2.) Then put the files in the ZIP to your SDCard into the folder "MinimalisticTextPreferences"
3.) Create a minimalisticText Widget on your screen. 3x1
4.) The settings will be opened, scroll down, press Restore(?) - its called "Wiederherstellen" in german
5.) Select a preference ending with "-calc"
6.) Repeat steps for all files in ZIP, so it will look like my screenshot.

Thats it. The widget should be updated after at least a minute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifications.jpg
Views:	2335
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	688352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Conf_engl_1.jpg
Views:	1804
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	688353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Conf_engl_2.jpg
Views:	1534
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	688354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Conf_engl_3.jpg
Views:	1486
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	688355   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	1875
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	688356  

Click image for larger version

Name:	miniT_Widget.jpg
Views:	1697
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	688357  
Attached Files
File Type: zip mT-Akku.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.0 KB, 227 views)
File Type: apk DrainGuard.apk - [Click for QR Code] (52.1 KB, 356 views)
Greetings, Walter

Actual:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [N9005] - Sweet Rom - XPosed, wanam

Developer of: DrainGuard xda - Homepage
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to walda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 226
reserved

sent from my SGSII via T*patalk
Greetings, Walter

Actual:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [N9005] - Sweet Rom - XPosed, wanam

Developer of: DrainGuard xda - Homepage

zeleboba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any way to get the apk? I go to the market using trial link. Click the button to install it on my HTC Sensation. It says will be installed soon and nothing happens. Tried to do this several times. Still nothing. Other software is downloading well.

htc-hd2
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It's telling me that it's stopped due to TRIAL VERSION?
I'm testing it on a HTC-HD2 running nand GINGER 2.3.4
- www.APKinstall.com. An Android online .apk file installer for newbies and pro's.
- Video Message Online. Create your own video message online for family and friends to see.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

nathanpc
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Congratulations for the great idea. I want to buy the Pro version, but I can't since the Market won't let me use my AMEX card to purchase things that aren't on USD(this ain't be the first time it happens). Any idea of how I can purchase the Pro edition?
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User

KohjiNagata
Old
(Last edited by KohjiNagata; 9th August 2011 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Purchased.
Seemed to work for me. It might be in my head but I've been using this and Juice Defender ultimate and it seems to be making my battery last a million times longer. By that I mean going from about 8hrs to around 16 - 20 hours by cutting out draining apps
The Following User Says Thank You to KohjiNagata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmm286
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc-hd2 View Post
Hi. I have the same problem

cosmicbb
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm286 View Post
Hi. I have the same problem
TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to cosmicbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathanpc
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc-hd2 View Post
The idea of a trial app is just to test it and see if it work. If you like it you should buy the full version
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User

Twister360
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought it just now to support you! I really like the effort people are putting into fixing battery issues and I really hope this will help me since I'm having huge battery issues myself.

So, thank you for working on this!

HTC DREAM > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy SII

The Following User Says Thank You to Twister360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]