Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

facebook, netflix not compatible with a500

9th August 2011, 03:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
For the last few months I've Ben unable to update/install Facebook on a500. App does not show in marketplace app, does show on web android market but shows as not compatible with Acer. I've got factory install (of honeycomb) and received latest updates---though I had the problem prior to 3.1. Note I already have older version of Facebook when I was able to install (when I first got a500...just after release). I'm not interested in rooting if possible and believe issue must be related to configs on marketplace in my profile?

I'm sure the issue isn't very widespread or else this forum would filled with posts...anythoughts?
9th August 2011, 03:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
you are correct that it is currently not compatible. That is why on your Acer there is a Facebook link. It has nothing to do with your user settings on the marketplace. What you can do is look up on xda or on Google for the facwbook apk.
9th August 2011, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpadude

For the last few months I've Ben unable to update/install Facebook on a500. App does not show in marketplace app, does show on web android market but shows as not compatible with Acer. I've got factory install (of honeycomb) and received latest updates---though I had the problem prior to 3.1. Note I already have older version of Facebook when I was able to install (when I first got a500...just after release). I'm not interested in rooting if possible and believe issue must be related to configs on marketplace in my profile?

I'm sure the issue isn't very widespread or else this forum would filled with posts...anythoughts?

Download Friend Me from the market, it's the next best thing to an actual app from Facebook.

As far as Netflix, the only way right now is to root, download the app from the forum, download a patch and it'll work. Only downside is it causes problems with the camcorder function.
The Following User Says Thank You to sephv1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2011, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lamduan
Thanks Meter: 17

257 posts
More
Maybe this can lead you in the right direction:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...st-phones-too/
11th August 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 509

2,364 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Netflix fix does not cause me video can issues.
13th August 2011, 02:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
More
Don't know about net flix but i use the same black transparent Facebook app that I use on my mosaic powered captivate with no problems

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
13th August 2011, 02:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
I use the dolphine browser HD for fb. Use a gesture for quick access. Set it to use https instead of http. Netflix won't work unless u root it. Look around for rooting options and apk for Netflix.
the Facebook link Acer provides sucks. I can't use it myself. Dolphine has webzine feature but if u like regular full fb, dolphin in desktop mode is perfect.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread