Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

facebook, netflix not compatible with a500

Tip us?

sherpadude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default facebook, netflix not compatible with a500

For the last few months I've Ben unable to update/install Facebook on a500. App does not show in marketplace app, does show on web android market but shows as not compatible with Acer. I've got factory install (of honeycomb) and received latest updates---though I had the problem prior to 3.1. Note I already have older version of Facebook when I was able to install (when I first got a500...just after release). I'm not interested in rooting if possible and believe issue must be related to configs on marketplace in my profile?

I'm sure the issue isn't very widespread or else this forum would filled with posts...anythoughts?

Only1nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
you are correct that it is currently not compatible. That is why on your Acer there is a Facebook link. It has nothing to do with your user settings on the marketplace. What you can do is look up on xda or on Google for the facwbook apk.

sephv1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpadude View Post
For the last few months I've Ben unable to update/install Facebook on a500. App does not show in marketplace app, does show on web android market but shows as not compatible with Acer. I've got factory install (of honeycomb) and received latest updates---though I had the problem prior to 3.1. Note I already have older version of Facebook when I was able to install (when I first got a500...just after release). I'm not interested in rooting if possible and believe issue must be related to configs on marketplace in my profile?

I'm sure the issue isn't very widespread or else this forum would filled with posts...anythoughts?
Download Friend Me from the market, it's the next best thing to an actual app from Facebook.

As far as Netflix, the only way right now is to root, download the app from the forum, download a patch and it'll work. Only downside is it causes problems with the camcorder function.
The Following User Says Thank You to sephv1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sqdnguns
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Maybe this can lead you in the right direction:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...st-phones-too/

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
The Netflix fix does not cause me video can issues.
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell

godden
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Don't know about net flix but i use the same black transparent Facebook app that I use on my mosaic powered captivate with no problems

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

failmatic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I use the dolphine browser HD for fb. Use a gesture for quick access. Set it to use https instead of http. Netflix won't work unless u root it. Look around for rooting options and apk for Netflix.
the Facebook link Acer provides sucks. I can't use it myself. Dolphine has webzine feature but if u like regular full fb, dolphin in desktop mode is perfect.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App