You'll need at least 15GB of disk space. Once you've got all the prerequisites installed:
mkdir ~/android cd ~/android repo init -u git://github.com/Mioze7Ae/android.git -b froyo repo sync -j 2 . build/envsetup.sh lunch cyanogen_sholest-eng vendor/cyanogen/get-rommanager make -j 2 bacon
This is my current understanding of the voodoo:
- repo init : sets up your repository and downloads a manifest file that identifies other repositories
- repo sync : downloads all the repositories and checks out a working copy
- . build/envsetup.sh : parses all the makefiles and such to create a menu of available devices to build
- lunch : configures the source tree to build a specific device (run lunch with no arguments to get a menu)
- get-rommanager : apparently needed for some reason
- make bacon : actually builds everything and creates the ota package. You may want to consider something like "make -j 8 bacon >build.out 2>build.err"
I don't currently know how to tag the state of the entire tree, so when nadlabak or milaq or anyone else updates repositories that I didn't fork, there's a chance it may break things from time-to-time. I'm currently waiting for a build from a fresh checkout to complete. Hopefully it's not broken...
Edit: Fresh compile succeeded, update applied and booted. Happy hacking!
Feel free to peruse my repositories at http://github.com/Mioze7Ae
See also: http://android.doshaska.net/cm6build
Thanks: nadlabak, milaq, stlifey, #milestone-modding