More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Vibration not as strong as other phones?

OP EmilVee

9th August 2011, 05:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

61 posts
So, is anyone noticing that the haptic feedback vibration on this phone is kind of weak relative to other phones? Not necessarily a 'bad' thing, but it kinda makes the phone feel cheap, know what I mean? Granted, it isn't a 9001-D, Deca-core, hypersentient phone or anything, but I think it's a stupid thing to skimp on if you're gonna skimp on anything.

I compared my phone to the phones of some friends of mine, and when I press the capacitive keys and type on their phones, it always returns strong, undelayed vibrations; whereas with my Triumph, there's sometimes a little bit of a delay between interaction and the vibration and sometimes I even have to question whether there was a vibration at all. Can we expect some way to increase the intensity in the future?
Last edited by EmilVee; 9th August 2011 at 06:18 AM.
9th August 2011, 11:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Yes it's much weaker than my Samsung Vibrant. I've notice it when I installed the beta keyboard Touchpal Curve for both the Triumph and Vibrant. In Touchpal setting you can setup the intensity of the keypress vibrantion. Have to crank the Triump up pass half to actually feel vibration, while the vibrant is just 1 increment.
9th August 2011, 01:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 87

872 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigg

Yes it's much weaker than my Samsung Vibrant. I've notice it when I installed the beta keyboard Touchpal Curve for both the Triumph and Vibrant. In Touchpal setting you can setup the intensity of the keypress vibrantion. Have to crank the Triump up pass half to actually feel vibration, while the vibrant is just 1 increment.

LOL the Samsung Vibrant has one of the strongest vibration intensities of any phone I've had. Not a fair comparison
9th August 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fort Pierce, Florida
Thanks Meter: 47

437 posts
More
Soo what stop complaining about vibration , i swear yall complain over the dumbest stuff just STFU!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
9th August 2011, 11:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveandroid16

Soo what stop complaining about vibration , i swear yall complain over the dumbest stuff just STFU!

If I feel like making an observation about a qualitative difference between this phone and others, I'm well within my right to do so on a forum dedicated to the Triumph. The phone is too new and the dev scene is too young to really discuss anything else. While we're here, we might as well discuss whatever comes to mind.

I'm not going to be returning my phone because the vibration isn't as strong as a higher-end one. That would be stupid, as it apparently isn't a defect. However, as Android is highly modifiable, I just wanted to know if the vibration strength could be modified in the future when things have picked up some speed and we've gotten a better idea of what will become available for modification.

tl;dr I'm inquiring, not complaining. The Triumph isn't a perfect phone but we've already established as much, haven't we? Any complaints made, as long as they're valid, should be posted so that we can all come together to figure out a solution (such as exchanging, waiting for development to start, or something else).
10th August 2011, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
Oakland California
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Went thru 5 triumphs, only 1 has low vibrate feeling. Its vibrate also sounds louder/looser/cheaper.

Goin to exchange for my 6th triumph.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
10th August 2011, 08:43 PM   |  #7  

13 posts
I always miss calls because I can't feel the vibration. It's really week and I've never actually felt it other than the haptic feedback.
12th August 2011, 04:13 AM   |  #8  
Flag Yonkers

7 posts
Quote:

I would love to see ppl on here stop complaining about the little things,
Nothing is perfect so just deal with it, if you can take it back & get your refund,
Yes people its that simple

Quote:

Quote:

Im soo sick of all this moaning and groaning, suck it up! Use the return policy if you cant take it, like the old saying goes cant take it get the f*** out the kitchen!

Quote:

Stop complaining devs will never buy this phone, dumb asses

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

You, my friend, are the reason Operation Iron Fist is in Full Force. This is NOT that kind of forum. Please show some restraint, and lay off the 5 hour energy, and the haterade. This forum is for grown folks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread