Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Sense 3.0?

OP Art2Fly

9th August 2011, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 383

817 posts
More
So a lot of ROMS are now offering sense 3.0, but is this the real sense 3.0 or is it just the widgets from it and the on-screen? I amusing synergy right now and it says under HTC Sense 2.1, so I'm kinda confused. Is it just this Rom that doesn't have the full sense 3.0 or is it standard that the ROMS only have the sense 3.0 widgets? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
9th August 2011, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 854

4,638 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2Fly

So a lot of ROMS are now offering sense 3.0, but is this the real sense 3.0 or is it just the widgets from it and the on-screen? I amusing synergy right now and it says under HTC Sense 2.1, so I'm kinda confused. Is it just this Rom that doesn't have the full sense 3.0 or is it standard that the ROMS only have the sense 3.0 widgets? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Because the newer Sense versions take up more system resources and space people have made hybrids.
9th August 2011, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 383

817 posts
More
So basically, if sense 3.0 would be ported in its entirety it would bog down our phones? That doesnt sound good on HTC's part...
9th August 2011, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 854

4,638 posts
More
Quote:

So basically, if sense 3.0 would be ported in its entirety it would bog down our phones? That doesnt sound good on HTC's part...

You wouldn't be able to fit many apps due to its size and yeah, it really wouldn't run very well without tweaking.

Not really "HTC's fault" as much as it is just progression of software.
The Evo is "old" technologically speaking.
9th August 2011, 06:15 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 70

719 posts
Quote:

That's why HTC hasn't released it for our phone. How is it their fault if the ports don't run as well on older hardware?
9th August 2011, 06:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 900

3,605 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx

You wouldn't be able to fit many apps due to its size and yeah, it really wouldn't run very well without tweaking.

Not really "HTC's fault" as much as it is just progression of software.
The Evo is "old" technologically speaking.

this is true but it isnt even so much htc as it is sprint sprint and htc decided to not even give us official 2.1 sense which was pretty ****ing pathetic on their part lol
9th August 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #7  
T-Mobile, USA
Thanks Meter: 184

538 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are, from what some of the thread titles say, some pure 3.0 ROMs. Not sure how well they work or if they are %100 3.0. But like others said Synergy and MikG are 2.1 + 3.0 hybrid apparently based off the Evo Shift releases.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread