Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sense 3.0?

Tip us?

Art2Fly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Default Sense 3.0?

So a lot of ROMS are now offering sense 3.0, but is this the real sense 3.0 or is it just the widgets from it and the on-screen? I amusing synergy right now and it says under HTC Sense 2.1, so I'm kinda confused. Is it just this Rom that doesn't have the full sense 3.0 or is it standard that the ROMS only have the sense 3.0 widgets? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2Fly View Post
So a lot of ROMS are now offering sense 3.0, but is this the real sense 3.0 or is it just the widgets from it and the on-screen? I amusing synergy right now and it says under HTC Sense 2.1, so I'm kinda confused. Is it just this Rom that doesn't have the full sense 3.0 or is it standard that the ROMS only have the sense 3.0 widgets? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Because the newer Sense versions take up more system resources and space people have made hybrids.
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11

Art2Fly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
So basically, if sense 3.0 would be ported in its entirety it would bog down our phones? That doesnt sound good on HTC's part...

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Quote:
So basically, if sense 3.0 would be ported in its entirety it would bog down our phones? That doesnt sound good on HTC's part...
You wouldn't be able to fit many apps due to its size and yeah, it really wouldn't run very well without tweaking.

Not really "HTC's fault" as much as it is just progression of software.
The Evo is "old" technologically speaking.
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11

bkrodgers
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
That's why HTC hasn't released it for our phone. How is it their fault if the ports don't run as well on older hardware?
Check out my Android app, NextEvent Free: A simple 1x1 widget to show you how much time until your next calendar or alarm event.

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx View Post
You wouldn't be able to fit many apps due to its size and yeah, it really wouldn't run very well without tweaking.

Not really "HTC's fault" as much as it is just progression of software.
The Evo is "old" technologically speaking.
this is true but it isnt even so much htc as it is sprint sprint and htc decided to not even give us official 2.1 sense which was pretty ****ing pathetic on their part lol
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10

github
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
There are, from what some of the thread titles say, some pure 3.0 ROMs. Not sure how well they work or if they are %100 3.0. But like others said Synergy and MikG are 2.1 + 3.0 hybrid apparently based off the Evo Shift releases.