FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM]T.E.A.M | Transparent | 2.3.3 | ThKernel | v4.0 | 17/12/2011

1,858 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,338
 
By pvyParts, Recognized Developer on 9th August 2011, 11:17 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd November 2011, 02:05 PM |#2851  
xcxa23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 239
 
Donate to Me
More
hey guys, i just come across with tis apps which seems to be worthy (or not)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1268522
The Following User Says Thank You to xcxa23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd November 2011, 06:01 PM |#2852  
iridaki's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,062
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxa23

hey guys, i just come across with tis apps which seems to be worthy (or not)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1268522

Nice find, thanks!
But 99complete script in /system/etc/init.d does exactly that!
And since V3.8 init.d execution works on both stock and custom kernels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iridaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2011, 07:38 PM |#2853  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Google Searchbox
Hi,

Google searchbox is crashing (com.google.android.googlequicksearch). Is it happening to anyone else?

Regards,

Diego

BTW, this is one of the best ROMs I've already used.
22nd November 2011, 07:50 PM |#2854  
Member
Flag Heiligerlee
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegolv

Hi,

Google searchbox is crashing (com.google.android.googlequicksearch). Is it happening to anyone else?

Regards,

Diego

BTW, this is one of the best ROMs I've already used.

Read 4 pages back :)


Sent from my DESIRE HD using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekeijser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2011, 11:58 PM |#2855  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegolv

Hi,

Google searchbox is crashing (com.google.android.googlequicksearch). Is it happening to anyone else?

Regards,

Diego

BTW, this is one of the best ROMs I've already used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bern4d1

I think this is it.

Attachment 788872

install that file. If "application not installed", put that file in system/app folder using root explorer and set the permission to
xx-
x--
x--
save and reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to bern4d1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 03:01 AM |#2856  
Senior Member
Flag HCM
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi, I just already installed TEAM ROM, and I have a concern that why I cannot use Backup and Restore (SE default), it said that "Cannot read file", I have used this app to backup and restore many times when trying new ROMs with no problem

Can anyone offer some help? Coz my contacts and phonebook still stuck there...
23rd November 2011, 04:44 AM |#2857  
iridaki's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,062
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpham

Hi, I just already installed TEAM ROM, and I have a concern that why I cannot use Backup and Restore (SE default), it said that "Cannot read file", I have used this app to backup and restore many times when trying new ROMs with no problem

Can anyone offer some help? Coz my contacts and phonebook still stuck there...

SE Backup and Restore application was not a part of stock 2.3.3 firmware, is that right?
Frankly, I never used it as a backup option so I don't really know how it works and why it doesn't.
However, if it says "Cannot read file", I believe it's an indication that the backup file got corrupted.
Do you have more than 1 backups stored and if so, did you try restoring an older one for example?
If you do not have another backup-restore app, you could go back to stock 2.3.3 by repairing with SEUS and then try restoring the backup.
If it is successful, then the issue is ROM related, but I honestly doubt that.
Good luck!
23rd November 2011, 05:13 AM |#2858  
Deviantelf's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki

SE Backup and Restore application was not a part of stock 2.3.3 firmware, is that right?

Correct, SE did not include it on the stock 2.3.3
23rd November 2011, 05:33 AM |#2859  
AyDee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 958
 
Donate to Me
More
I used Backup and Restore to backup my contacts in 2.1 and it restored fine on Wolfbreak's 2.3 and I backed up again while on WB and restored after a full-wipe update, but when I switched roms I backed contacts up from WB and they would not install on TEAM & neither would my 2.1 backup (same,"Cannot read file").

What's a good app to backup contacts? All the ones I've tried have failed me in some way I just save my contacts to Google now but I'd rather a good phone-side solution.
23rd November 2011, 06:21 AM |#2860  
Senior Member
Flag HCM
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki

SE Backup and Restore application was not a part of stock 2.3.3 firmware, is that right?
Frankly, I never used it as a backup option so I don't really know how it works and why it doesn't.
However, if it says "Cannot read file", I believe it's an indication that the backup file got corrupted.
Do you have more than 1 backups stored and if so, did you try restoring an older one for example?
If you do not have another backup-restore app, you could go back to stock 2.3.3 by repairing with SEUS and then try restoring the backup.
If it is successful, then the issue is ROM related, but I honestly doubt that.
Good luck!

Thanks for your response.

Yes, SE backup and restore is not included in stock 2.3.3, but I think it's a good app for backup SMS and Contact It did work on my X10 with stock 2.3.3 as well as WB 4 -> WB 7 before. For my recent case, I just tried turning back to my old WB 7b4 in this morning and restoring the same backup file, it was successful!

I also got back my contact in a different method, but it's somehow strange to me that why it doesn't work on TEAM ROM...
23rd November 2011, 08:51 AM |#2861  
iridaki's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,062
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpham

Thanks for your response.

Yes, SE backup and restore is not included in stock 2.3.3, but I think it's a good app for backup SMS and Contact It did work on my X10 with stock 2.3.3 as well as WB 4 -> WB 7 before. For my recent case, I just tried turning back to my old WB 7b4 in this morning and restoring the same backup file, it was successful!

I also got back my contact in a different method, but it's somehow strange to me that why it doesn't work on TEAM ROM...

Thanks a lot for trying this on another ROM, now I stand corrected, it is a ROM issue, so good to know!
I'll look into this soon!

On a slightly unrelated note, I just unboxed my Xperia Arc S!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iridaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.3, 9 toggles, appman, awesomely awesome!!, best kernel packaged!, customizable ui, edt, faster than lightning, simple and beautiful, stock, t.e.a.m., team, team iridaki and pvy!!!, thjap, transparency mods
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes