iridaki
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpham View Post
Thanks for your response.

Yes, SE backup and restore is not included in stock 2.3.3, but I think it's a good app for backup SMS and Contact It did work on my X10 with stock 2.3.3 as well as WB 4 -> WB 7 before. For my recent case, I just tried turning back to my old WB 7b4 in this morning and restoring the same backup file, it was successful!

I also got back my contact in a different method, but it's somehow strange to me that why it doesn't work on TEAM ROM...
Thanks a lot for trying this on another ROM, now I stand corrected, it is a ROM issue, so good to know!
I'll look into this soon!

On a slightly unrelated note, I just unboxed my Xperia Arc S!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iridaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xcxa23
Old
Thanks Meter 212

DONATE TO ME
thanks for the info iridaki, and here i found some stuff i think can be use although im nt quite sure wat it means and some alr included right? perhaps u can have a look? its for galaxy s i9000

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1354736

edit: wow... congrats on the new Arc S, a brief review about it perhaps??

milton.bain
Old
Thanks Meter 1228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee View Post

What's a good app to backup contacts? All the ones I've tried have failed me in some way I just save my contacts to Google now but I'd rather a good phone-side solution.

you can backup contacts from the phone's default app. goto contacts, press menu, select backup
CheersS!
Milton --> From X10i on ROM : "ThGo2 v10. 0_RC4"
using XDA premium
Hit If I earned you a smile or a solution!
-MiLtOn

From Nokia Lumia™ 920 Black / Samsung Galaxy S4...
WP 8[ / Android 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to milton.bain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mister-g1
Old
Thanks Meter 42
... and my backup pro stores your sms so that you can restore them on any rom you like or you use titanium backup to backup sms data
Phones:
- Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2 rooted
- Sony Xperia S with SlimBean v8 by kufikugel and OpenSEMC Kernel by RaymanFX
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 with SlimBean v4.0 by x10forevers and FeraKernel v4 by FeraVolt
The Following User Says Thank You to mister-g1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kylec
Old
(Last edited by kylec; 23rd November 2011 at 01:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 184
Great rom. Everything is very smooth. Not a single problem. Thank you

On an unrelated note, is it possible to modify the names of the items in settings? I'm quite bored and want to change the names of each item in the settings where about phone, applications, and display are.

I had a poke around the settings.apk but couldn't figure out where it would be
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

sparkdroid
Old
(Last edited by sparkdroid; 23rd November 2011 at 03:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee View Post
What's a good app to backup contacts? All the ones I've tried have failed me in some way I just save my contacts to Google now but I'd rather a good phone-side solution.
Just use the built in backup to save your contacts.

-Go to your contacts page
-Hit the menu key
-Depending on your ROM there will be something like "Import/Backup" or "Back Up Contacts"
-You can choose to backup up to SIM or Memory Card.

It stores the contacts in a VCF file on the SD card (location depends on ROM)
I've never had a problem with this method... it only appeared in 2.1 and beyond. Before that I used the SE Backup & Restore but that let me down once (and once was enough to never trust it again).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparkdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr_Element
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
This ROM feels smoother than ever! Only today a friend at my university scrolled through the screens to say "Hm , it feels smoother than the iPhone 4S of my boyfriend".

Only a small bug , sometimes if I tap on a statusbar toggle (let's say Data toggle) the Data activates but the icon doesn't update. If I tap it again then it updates normally without turning off data. This also happens vice versa. I'm sure iridaki will have a look into it.

On an unrelated note congratulations to iridaki and pvyParts for becoming recognized developers! I believe that their effort was rewarded!
This was a justification for the hard work and their collaboration.
If I had a €uro each time someone says to iridaki :
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
Thx man...
...for HER mods , I would be the richest man on the planet right now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Element For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AyDee
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Element View Post
On an unrelated note congratulations to iridaki and pvyParts for becoming recognized developers! I believe that their effort was rewarded!
This was a justification for the hard work and their collaboration.
I hadn't even realized! Congratulations, my friends!
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phrozhen.Khold
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just noticed that the unlock pattern for the ROM is mis-aligned.
Quote:
Since light is faster than sound... people appear bright until you hear them speak.

kpham
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi there,

I have a small problem with using GO SMS on TEAM ROM: previously, when am on stock and other 2.3.3 ROMS, when choosing out a recipient, the list of options came out with black words on white background, but with TEAM ROM it goes with white words and white background, which made me difficult to figure out the recipients

Hope someone could help me on this stuff. Thanks a lot!

Tags
2.3.3, 9 toggles, appman, awesomely awesome!!, best kernel packaged!, customizable ui, edt, faster than lightning, simple and beautiful, stock, t.e.a.m., team, team iridaki and pvy!!!, thjap, transparency mods
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe