Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 flash to Straight Talk

Tip us?

Eris _2.1_2010
Old
Thanks Meter 395
I actually thought about doing this, but then I looked at straight talks coverage map and quickly
changed my mind lol

Sent from my Glitched MIUI Fascinate

NickWhit1992
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris _2.1_2010 View Post
I actually thought about doing this, but then I looked at straight talks coverage map and quickly
changed my mind lol

Sent from my Glitched MIUI Fascinate
Straight Talk uses the Verizon network for CDMA phones. My coverage map says I should have no connection most of the places I am, because I'm out in the country, but I have yet to find somewhere I don't have a signal, and 3G as well. Only thing is, I got kinda careless with my 3G usage, and ST called to warn me if I kept using so much they would throttle or completely cut off my data. I used several GB of data before I got that call though.

warnold66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still having problems flashing

I followed all of the above instructions and have tried the whole process a few times. All I can do is send and receive text msgs. and receive calls. I cannot make calls or use data. Any help please?

camrok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Arrow Possible for sprint.?

Can this method be modified to be used on Sprints network? I have a epic 4g donor phone and unlimited plan

Laserman00769
Old
Thanks Meter 2
so i have a verizon samsung galaxy s sch-i500 and I have done everything here, but i still get a verizon error message..... do I have to pay for that DFS program inorder to get my phone unlocked? dfs said my phone is $35, but Im able to log into it with the app in demo mode and by selecting the proper comm port.. and I have the password for the phone.. but when I change the MEID or IMEI id with dfs or in service mode(**772) , it still shows up as the old MEID when i press*#06# ...?

what do i do? thanks

NickWhit1992
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Warnold66: your phone didn't activate properly. Dial the activation number again.

Camrock: this method should work with any CDMA provider, dunno what Sprint is though.

Lazerman00769, I posted the URL to a YouTube video in one of my above posts. Follow that video, and you'll have no problems. That's how I did my phone.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate
Daily Drivers
64GB AT&T HTC One on T-Mobile, running latest CM11 nightly
32GB Note 10.1 2014 Edition running CleanROM with Bindroid kernel

Old Toys
16GB T-Mobile Galaxy SIII running latest CM11 nightly
32GB Motorola Xoom running latest CM10.2 nightly

Eris _2.1_2010
Old
Thanks Meter 395
I.looked at their coverage map and it looks horrible. Can anyone that travels confirm they get good data service with straight talk?

Sent from my Droid Charge 4G running Humble 2.3.5 Gingerbread

camrok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Arrow Sprint CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWhit1992 View Post
Warnold66: your phone didn't activate properly. Dial the activation number again.

Camrock: this method should work with any CDMA provider, dunno what Sprint is though.

Lazerman00769, I posted the URL to a YouTube video in one of my above posts. Follow that video, and you'll have no problems. That's how I did my phone.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate
Sprint is CDMA. I am wondering if i would use the ESN of my Epic 4g? would i need to deactivate my Epic 4g first, and how? Thanks

Laserman00769
Old
(Last edited by Laserman00769; 22nd October 2011 at 08:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
ok I have the same problem as "warnold66" him and I did the same thing and got the same problems.. All I can do is send and receive text msgs. and receive calls. I cannot make calls or use data.....

I followed that Link that u posted and still I have the same problem. When I type code *#06# I still get the old MEID.. even after I changed it with DFS?... but when I use DFS I get the new MEID?

Please help.. this sux

Do I need to just flash my phone to a new fireware & rom?

Laserman00769
Old
Thanks Meter 2
ok so now I know how to bypass the verizon activation, and did so.... ive rooted and superuser access... ive used DFS to change my MEID, I did the factory restore, ive used *22890 & * 22891.... and still I can only do texting and get calls.... no web or making calls?