Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 flash to Straight Talk

Tip us?

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 150
anybody with problems figure out a solution?

Laserman00769
Old
Thanks Meter 2
nope same problems.... got my samsung still doing the samn things... got texting in and out and i can get calls but not make them..... grrrrrrrr

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Thats sucks. well did you flash the meid from the straight talk phone to the sammy, THEN activate it?

Laserman00769
Old
(Last edited by Laserman00769; 24th October 2011 at 09:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
yes & yes, but when I go *#06# the old MEID comes up? I have a verizon sch-i500...

this is what i did... i used superoneclick & rooted.. reset..modem mode& usb debugging... DFS tools & changed my MEID to that of my straight talk ... reset.....factory restore .....bypass verizon activation... activated with straight talk *22890 reset.. the *22891 reset....then verizon activation..... I know that my PRL is wrong by one number....it doesnt match my straight talk .....?

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 150
see i was just going to flash the straight talk phone meid to the fascinate (Before activaton) then just activate my straight talk account online. But i guess your having problems with that as well??? Man i don't know what to say do. Its something small people are missing? Wish OP or somebody that had it successfully working chime in on this!

NickWhit1992
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserman00769 View Post
yes & yes, but when I go *#06# the old MEID comes up? I have a verizon sch-i500...

this is what i did... i used superoneclick & rooted.. reset..modem mode& usb debugging... DFS tools & changed my MEID to that of my straight talk ... reset.....factory restore .....bypass verizon activation... activated with straight talk *22890 reset.. the *22891 reset....then verizon activation..... I know that my PRL is wrong by one number....it doesnt match my straight talk .....?
I did mine from stock. I don't see why it wouldn't work your way, but maybe the other stuff somehow is messing with it. Also, you shouldn't have anything to do with the Verizon activation, and you should only need one number (*22890, I believe) to activate. After that, it should be good. Dunno why it's trying to do VZW's activation if you're bypassing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex View Post
see i was just going to flash the straight talk phone meid to the fascinate (Before activaton) then just activate my straight talk account online. But i guess your having problems with that as well??? Man i don't know what to say do. Its something small people are missing? Wish OP or somebody that had it successfully working chime in on this!
That's what you need to do. First time, I tried it with an ST MEID that was already activated, and it wouldn't work. You may wanna just wait til the others here get theirs straightened out though, so you know what NOT to do.

Laserman00769
Old
(Last edited by Laserman00769; 28th October 2011 at 05:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
word.... I love this place....

Laserman00769
Old
(Last edited by Laserman00769; 25th October 2011 at 12:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
well i bypassed it by vol up1 vol down2 vol up3 vol down 4 & bypassed, then i used *22890 & *22891 roaming.. i still only get full texting and incoming calls..

i used verizons activation thinking i needed to .... but with it or without useing verizons activation it still does the same thing......

do u think it was because I used SuperOneClick & rooted?

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWhit1992 View Post
I did mine from stock
do u mean stock verizon ? I thought mine would be stock with doing a factory restore and formatting my phone would do this.....

ive done this now 4 times with different steps and still get the same results....

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I just ordered the phone. Ill let yall know how this goes when phones gets here!

903tex
Old
(Last edited by 903tex; 25th October 2011 at 09:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 150
Ok for those having problems try this and see if this works:

1. get a another straight talk phone for cheap! (CDMA)

2.Switch the new straight talk phone to your account(may have to call them idk yet)

3. Do a Factory reset on the fascinate! (if you already flashed good esn to fascinate then skip # 4)

4. Flash the esn from the lg 220(or whatever cdma phone your flashing) to the Fascinate"

5. Bypass activations screen, tap each corner of the screen, starting from the top left corner and go clockwise.

6. Then wait about five minutes, call straight talk, and switch your esn back to the "Straight Talk Fascinate"

5. And then do a *22891 Updated your prl

6. then do a *22890 to program your phone

Eveything should work and let me know if this fixed your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to 903tex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]