[GUIDE] The $6 way to charging your EEE Pad on your computer
So I lost my AC adapter a few weeks ago and haven't been able to use my EEE Pad since
I had a hard time finding a suitable replacement AC adapter so I decided to make my own out of parts I had laying around.
This guide will not teach you how to make an AC adapter! This guide will teach you how to charge your EEE Pad using your computer (desktops only!)
- Desktop Computer with an unused Molex power connector
- USB Extension Cord: $2.77 on eBay
- Molex -> PCI-e adapter: $2.76 on eBay
- OPTIONAL: Soldering Iron
The whole process takes around 5 minutes!!!
1) Cut off the male USB head on your USB extension cable. We're only going to need the female end.
2) Strip off about an inch of the shielding on your USB extension cable. You should see 4 different colored wires. Cut off the GREEN and WHITE cables. We only need the RED and BLACK wires.
3) Strip off about half an inch of shielding off both the RED and the BLACK wires.
4) Cut off the PCI-e head on the Molex-PCI-e adapter.
5) Strip off about an inch of shielding on the YELLOW and BLACK wires (on the Molex-PCIe adapter)
6) Connect the RED wire on the USB cable to the YELLOW wire on the Molex-PCIe adapter. Solder them together for best results! Connect the BLACK wires together also.
7) Use electric tape (or any kind of tape) and wrap up the connections (so it doesn't short out)
8) Hook up the Molex connector to the Molex power connector (found inside your computer), plug in your TF and enjoy!
WARNING: DO NOT CONNECT ANY OTHER DEVICE (ASIDE FROM THE TF) TO THIS USB PORT!! IT WILL FRY IT IMMEDIATELY!!
HTC One & Nexus 7