Collection of Tweaks | 11/08/11

Search This thread

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
Tripnraver and Fanboys that wants to start trouble follow this Link! If you want to clear up the Discussion and stop fighting write me a PM and if not stay at Modaco, i even post the link for you all

XDA Users stay here and help collecting some nice X10 Tweaks to help the whole Community, every Dev/Cooker knows other Tweaks so i would like to invite all to share there best Tweaks here. Above i post some basic Tweaks and a example File how it looks like.

build.prop Tweaks

# Network
HTML:
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1000

# Product
HTML:
ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true 
ro.product.max_num_touch=2
mot.proximity.delay=100

# Performance
HTML:
dalvik.vm.startheapsize=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1
dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=200
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

VM Tweaks
HTML:
echo 95 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo 20 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
echo 4096 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
echo 1000 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo 2000 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs

Minfree Tweak
HTML:
echo 1536,3072,4096,15360,17920,20480 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

SD Card Tweak
HTML:
echo 2048 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb
echo 2048 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/default/read_ahead_kb

build.prop Tweaks go to system/build.prop
other Tweaks go to system/etc/install-recovery.sh

I attached 2 sample files with these Tweaks included.​

Attachments

• Tweaks.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
You can flash the Addon yourself if you like it i dont need to include it. The ROM Style will stay same, all Theme modifications the Users can flash themself like they want it becouse everyone likes different i wont touch the Theme, everyone can flash what they want becouse i cant make a Theme everyone will like becouse thats just not possible, some like Blue, some like Carbon.....

BTW this doesnt has something to do with this Thread so please keep it clean :D

Reactions: bodomfan

bodomfan

You can flash the Addon yourself if you like it i dont need to include it. The ROM Style will stay same, all Theme modifications the Users can flash themself like they want it becouse everyone likes different i wont touch the Theme, everyone can flash what they want becouse i cant make a Theme everyone will like becouse thats just not possible, some like Blue, some like Carbon.....

BTW this doesnt has something to do with this Thread so please keep it clean :D
ok thanks
10 characters

cjsabaki

Dec 24, 2010
TEXAS Ya'al!
Thanks Wolfbreak!!
You can edit buildprop w the flashtool or w rootexplorer, depending on which rom you are running, some of these tweaks may already be implimented!!

Zip file is too easy!! Explore research have fun.... just make a back up first....

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using XDA App

azrull

Apr 18, 2011
www.azrull.com
Already did it manually using Flashtool and Root Explorer.

But for others who need quick progress, WB should create flashable zip for them.

AND

If can, maybe WB should consolidate addon such as Bravia Engine, FPS uncap, xLoud, Audio Fix, in one flashable zip.

costlyman

Jul 27, 2011
Bangalore
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Hi wolfbreak
I was changing the tweaks u had given
I was changing the below tweak

mot.proximity.delay=100

and i found that max num of touch was 4 instead of 2 by default.... does this mean anything?

anantshri

Feb 22, 2011
Bangalore
anantshri.info
Thats a good initiative I was thinking of starting something like this for past two day but was wait that some actual dev to start it and i will contribute more.

ohk so here are one or two simple tricks from my side.

those who don't want to mess with install-recover.sh and prefer keeping the init.d style work

here is how you can enable init.d support.

add one line at end of your install-recovery.sh

Code:
# trying run-parted
/system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

some more tweaks which might overlap with the existing tweaks posted here...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16441133#post16441133

Note : as usual non of the credit to me all credit to Dev's.

Reactions: riginal

anantshri

Feb 22, 2011
Bangalore
anantshri.info
Request

Can someone point all guides of framework customization and howtos related to that at one place.

stuff like replacing the background image to adding a reboot option and simmilar stuff.

all links at one place would be just fine for new dev's (don't get angry if its already there and i missed it, coz there are chances of it too...)

blueowl0708

Nov 15, 2010
So what do these tweaks actually do?

*improve* your phone will be the sarcastic answer, but forgive me if I won't blindly apply tweaks without having at least some idea as to what they are doing?

Last edited:

alzbac

Feb 7, 2011
Can someone point all guides of framework customization and howtos related to that at one place.

stuff like replacing the background image to adding a reboot option and simmilar stuff.

all links at one place would be just fine for new dev's (don't get angry if its already there and i missed it, coz there are chances of it too...)

If u need help PM me.

anantshri

Feb 22, 2011
Bangalore
anantshri.info
So what do these tweaks actually do?

*improve* your phone will be the sarcastic answer, but forgive me if I won't blindly apply tweaks without having at least some idea as to what they are doing?

That's actually a good question i will see what i can help you with then later on other remaining could be answered by otheres.

# Product
HTML:
mot.proximity.delay=100

This tweak is basically a build.prop tweak which is making system aware of a dual touch capable system.

# Performance
HTML:
dalvik.vm.startheapsize=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=64m
dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=150
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=80
These are basically VM related tweaks first making heapsize 64M i.e. larger default is smaller. also this last line makes your system more responsive i keep something higher then 250 in place of 80.

VM Tweaks
HTML:
VM Tweaks basically change min free bytes and kill level's of application used internally by android for memory management.SD Card Tweak
HTML:

This is a simple tweak which specifies the read ahead buffer which is by default 128Kb effectively making your SDCard i/o faster.

Hope these could clarify your doubts remaining ones wolf or others might give a try to explain.

Reactions: Jiyeon

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
ive been trying to place my own tweaks within the install-recovery.sh file however when i flash zip the file seems to have changed however nothing actually takes effect. new to this side of things so could just be a schoolboy error lol. can say if i use the simple install-recovery.sh file from Z's uncap fps or even yours from your rom and flash it.. it all works well! if i try to edit any of yours and flash again.. nothing happens! wat am i missing? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tripnraver and Fanboys that wants to start trouble follow this Link! If you want to clear up the Discussion and stop fighting write me a PM and if not stay at Modaco, i even post the link for you all

XDA Users stay here and help collecting some nice X10 Tweaks to help the whole Community, every Dev/Cooker knows other Tweaks so i would like to invite all to share there best Tweaks here. Above i post some basic Tweaks and a example File how it looks like.

build.prop Tweaks

# Network
    HTML:
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1000

# Product
    HTML:
    mot.proximity.delay=100

# Performance
    HTML:
    dalvik.vm.startheapsize=48m
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
    dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=200
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

VM Tweaks
    HTML:

Minfree Tweak
    HTML:
    echo 1536,3072,4096,15360,17920,20480 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

SD Card Tweak
    HTML:

build.prop Tweaks go to system/build.prop
    other Tweaks go to system/etc/install-recovery.sh

I attached 2 sample files with these Tweaks included.​
    Stuff what trip says Wolf, just because he's spat his dummy out again, open the thread up man.;)
    BTW, Wolf - I see much more tweaks in your rom, why don't your release them here as well? :)

I apply them manually, extracted.

Becouse some are experimental and needs more then just copy and paste they need bin files too and more and i have added them in my ROM. Dont want that others kill their phone with that becouse they make something wrong.
    Stuff what trip says Wolf, just because he's spat his dummy out again, open the thread up man.;)

i second wat u said
    does he think everythin belongs to him
    he create everything?
    so if i use root explorer to tweak something
    would tat copyin him?

that foul mouth belongs to him
    he can say wat he wan
    just let him rot

xda is meant for bigger things
    not like him

sharin is caring
    Trip claims i release Tweaks from him so yeah thats what i do im 100% sure i used his Tweaks. This Tweak can be found everywhere spread here on XDA in SGS or Desire HD Forums but Trip created them so its all his work im 100% sure!

The best ROMs of the World can only be found on Modaco aka TripNHome

lol , go out of Trip, he dont want share , and peapole who use his succes , he just not ask for credit or what , he just say dont use it :D , but in the same time , when J or Z release a ROM , then he also and if you take the Z rom or J one , and loock at the files md5 , you can see is the same with small change on build.prop , adding his name :D dont past your time with him and modaco , i also trayed to help him , not to take his feature just help for the camera issue that Z helped me for this in the past , and he can just not accept that there are many pepole better then him, and a mature man , will just tray to know new think , and not be mad

cheers

Achotjan