Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 50,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA TV (Dark Edition) v1.2

Tip us?

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 16th December 2011 at 05:12 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Default XDA TV (Dark Edition) v1.2

XDA TV (Dark Edition) v1.2

Warning: If the app isn't working, just drop me an email or post the problem here, you don't need to rate the app with 1 star and comment like: "The app isn't working". Thanks for the support

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. Now on your phone, if you have a tablet you should get it here, also you can get the "normal theme" version here.

As many of you have seen, the tablet application got an update, featuring a new feed(that is hosted on my own server), description text and a poster image for each video. I'm now working to bring all of this to the phone version, so stay tuned. Maybe later today it will be finished

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

Quote:
Quote:
Changelog:

v1.2:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)
* The application now quit if you hit the back button while in the list view

v1.1.1:
* Fixed the no content error
* Dark Theme

v1.1:
* New feed
* Description added to the video view

v1.0.1:
* Everything works
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

countblack
Old
(Last edited by countblack; 11th August 2011 at 01:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Hi, don't know if this is just me but the app doesn't work for me. I get no response when i click on the icon. I am running a DHD with CM7 in case that helps. I'll give the normal verion a go now and see if that works.

EDIT: I uninstalled and installed the 'normal' phone version, i get a bit further: a black screen and then an application error "THe connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"

Hope that helps?

Kiss999
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have also a problem, i cant select the first item in the list. (Phone Edition)

themacman1000
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Uh... where's the dl link?

Sent from my mind using a HTC Intruder
Sony Xperia Z1s

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblack View Post
Hi, don't know if this is just me but the app doesn't work for me. I get no response when i click on the icon. I am running a DHD with CM7 in case that helps. I'll give the normal verion a go now and see if that works.

EDIT: I uninstalled and installed the 'normal' phone version, i get a bit further: a black screen and then an application error "THe connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"

Hope that helps?
First Problem: I'm trying to solve this. Strangely PhoneGap is having bugs to work on some ROMs.

Second Problem: That means the app took too long to contact the server(usually because your connection is slow at the time). Just try again and it might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss999 View Post
I have also a problem, i cant select the first item in the list. (Phone Edition)
I've tested this on both and I had no problem with it on my Galaxy S, Droid and Touch Pro2(Froyo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by themacman1000 View Post
Uh... where's the dl link?

Sent from my mind using a HTC Intruder
https://market.android.com/details?i...tv.phone.black
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

Android User

countblack
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for looking into it, I seem to be having problems with the ' normal' phone version too. Let me know if there is anything you need to know, or if you want some testing done.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Android: 4.3 (stock)

musafir84
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblack View Post

Hope that helps?
I have the same problem as in the "EDIT:" above...

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
The "The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)" problem will be rolling out tomorrow, since it's a server fix and I'll only have time to do it tomorrow, this is happening because your connection might be slow and the app is trying to fetch the entire XDA TV library(all the episodes since the first one), which is causing timeouts. The solution will be to remove the very very old episodes, making the list smaller and reducing the problems with timeouts.

A new version of the app might come out later that will support reading the "old archive", which will be created tomorrow.

PS: I'm having tests this week on the university, plus I need to work, so I'm not having much time to develop

Android User

musafir84
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Thanks, will await the fix :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Just pushed the server-side fix. I'll be working to replace the black screen on the opening with a fancy splash screen

Android User