Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows just sent me a HTC Mazaa

Tip us?

Cpitt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Windows just sent me a HTC Mazaa

For those who might be interested. I was one of the 50 lucky winners in the ongoing WPAPPITUP student developer competition, and was promised a Mango phone about a week or so ago. To my surprise I arrived home to find a package from Microsoft waiting for me.

Open it up and I find my self a brand new unlocked HTC Mazaa, running Mango 7.10.7720.500 .Here is a screenshot of the about page

It's roughly the exact same as the one in the pictures that were released here back in April. The only difference being some kind of identification number that is etched into the bottom left hand corner.

First impressions the phone is fast, whether it just be the new Mango build or the phone itself I'm not entirely certain. But it runs circles around my HD7. On the same note comparing it to the HD7 it's a lot smaller. It also only has 8gig of internal not upgradable internal memory, which doesn't really cut it for me. However, beggars can't be choosers, and I'm glad to have the phone either way.

The real question is what to do with it. Tmobile was so kind to send me 2 free HD7 s just a few weeks ago for upgrading my plan (my Mom has the other one), which other than the speed (which may or may not be a related to the build of Mango I'm running) seems superior to this Microsoft test phone.

This leads to a few questions:

Developers, do you find it necessary to have more than one phone to test your applications on?

If I decided to sell this phone, how much would it go for? Where would be the best place to sell it?

If you had an extra WP7 phone what would you do with it?

It seems like details about this phone have been shrouded in rumor so if there is anything that I can clear up let me know

iky10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
if you can post some pics of the phone and a comparison with the hd7.
PRECiSi0N

Nokia Lumina 820 (awesome phone)
HTC HD7
HTC Touch HD2 - HyperROM HardCore v2.00
HTC Touch HD
I-mate SP5 - WM6.1

Thnx to OliNex and the Crew for creating the HardSPL for Touch HD

XGX5309
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Well, something I see that hasn't been said is that this is an MSM8655 device... another words, 2nd gen 45NM Snapdragon with the Adreno 205. So, how much faster are we talking? My Focus is pretty damn snappy as it is. Also, what's the battery life like?

Interesting. It's a true Mango release device.

weijoon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
more pictures and descriptions in detail is appreciated, perhaps a video too?

=D
Retired:
Nokia 5530 XM
Keep in Hand:
HTC Touch Cruise (Polaris) with Pcarvalho's WM 6.5 ROM
Currently Using:
HTC 7 Mozart with Mango Build 7.10.8107.79 (Global Market Device)
Tablet
Viewsonic Viewpad 10s with VegaComb 3.2 b9n update 3 & Honey Ice update 3.2.7 RC 2

dAV84
Old
Thanks Meter 18
please, can you extract rom and post here?

thanks
HD2 owner.

Peew971
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAV84 View Post
please, can you extract rom and post here?

thanks
You could also you know... buy a Windows Phone .

Peew971
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpitt View Post
First impressions the phone is fast, whether it just be the new Mango build or the phone itself I'm not entirely certain. But it runs circles around my HD7. On the same note comparing it to the HD7 it's a lot smaller. It also only has 8gig of internal not upgradable internal memory, which doesn't really cut it for me. However, beggars can't be choosers, and I'm glad to have the phone either way.
Isn't 7720 the RTM version? Would be nice to know the differences with Beta 2, improvements, new features, etc.

tomasslavicek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Here is a photo of HTC Mazaa from another #WPAppItUp winner: twitpic.com/62x2rt

bleui
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peew971 View Post
You could also you know... buy a Windows Phone .
oh do you know any store that already sells the 7720 version

Peew971
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleui View Post
oh do you know any store that already sells the 7720 version
I was adressing him (and you) as a HD2 owner. If you love the platform you might as well support it, there are phones available sim-free unlocked for under 180€.
As for the request, Microsoft knows all the Mazaa owners so I wouldn't advise any of them to take the risk to extract and share the ROM just to please the modding community (yeah I know this is XDA, why are you here, bla bla bla).

Tags
htc, mango, mazaa, wp7, wpappitup