[APP][WVGA][QVGA] Smooth YouTube Downloader V3.0 for Windows Mobile
Today, I present to you this application, as a thank you to this forum that has always given me too much, it's a little personal project I've been working on when I'm not doing anything else, basically it allows you to search and download videos from YouTube in different formats and qualities, including MP3.
The App was tested on Topaz (Touch Diamond 2) WVGA Windows Mobile 6.5
But it should work fine on other devices.
V3.0 is out here
- YouTube Feeds, for example (Most Popular, Music, This Week) etc...
- History list of search.
- Ability to set maximum number of simultaneous downloads, and queue the rest.
- Ability to set the Application you want to open URLs with using an easy file
- dialog from the UI (Settings Page)
- You can also set the "Default Format to download" from the UI (Settings Page)
- Enhanced Performance
1) A working windows mobile 5, 6, 6.5
2) .NET Compact Framework 3.5
- Ability to Open an external application with a video URL as a parameter. (CorePlayer, TCPMP)
- Ability to Shorten URLs on Copy/Open (for using with CorePlayer which doesn't support long URLs)
- Shows thumbnails in the search results.
- Ability to download multiple videos at the same time.
- Ability to pause/resume downloads after you exit and run the application again.
- Supports installing Extensions to support any other video site.
- Supports Themes.
- Supports Searching/Downloading from DailyMotion.com.
- Supports Searching/Downloading from Current.com.
- A very nice UI and cool transitions between different screens of the app.
- Ability to expand search results.
- Ability to choose video format/quality including mp3.
- Improved QVGA screens support.
- Ability to switch between full screen and normal mode.
- Ability to copy download URL.
- Supports keeping the device awake while downloads are running, so the WiFi connection is not lost.
The post is becoming too big, so I divided it into separate posts as follows:
To Download the application: Click Here
If you're a Developer and you'd like to develop and Extension to support Searching/Downloading from sites other than YouTube : Click Here
If you'd like to learn how to Create Themes: Click Here
to all of you for the great feedback