Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

1% battery mod project

OP ZiggSVO

7th September 2011, 07:40 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 291

1,124 posts
Guys, just so you know, i loaded this the new homebase rom with update, and it has the battery percentage as 1% thank god!!!
16th September 2011, 01:34 AM   |  #12  
Flag Hayward
Thanks Meter: 218

1,116 posts
More
Making an attempt...
I'm still a noob so pardon me if i'm not really adding anything here. I'm going to try to make the mod. So far I've:

1) Downloaded apktool
2) Decompiled the framework-res.apk file
3) Went into stats_sys_battery.xml and added the lines for each percentage

...LOL that's where I'm at and this'll take a while...so sorry if I'm taking a long time with this...I also just saw that last post about having the 1% mod on the home based rom...****! LOL! Well, if anyone's interested, I'll still give it a shot...hopefully i don't brick my phone.

4) Went into UOT Kitchen and downloaded some battery icons (now i have all charging/status icons...I didn't want to make it myself)
5) Wondering if I replace stats_sys_battery.xml with my modded one, recompile, that it would work?
Last edited by KTT16; 18th September 2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Update
16th September 2011, 01:58 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

98 posts
If you use minimalistic text, it shows battery level in increments of 1%
16th September 2011, 02:20 AM   |  #14  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 16

230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any updates to this mod

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
20th February 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 11

229 posts
any updates at all?
20th February 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #16  
Flag Hayward

1,116 posts
More
What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.
20th February 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 95

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTT16

What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.

You probably need to update your apktool. I believe ICS support was added back in December.

http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...hangelog#1.4.3
20th February 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #18  
Flag Hayward

1,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmithInNY

You probably need to update your apktool. I believe ICS support was added back in December.

http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...hangelog#1.4.3

I was on 1.4.3 when i tried it, but maybe I'm just messing up somewhere with it. I installed framework-res.apk, systemui.apk's and decompiled the System apk just fine, made my edits, but when I built it, a **** ton of errors popped up.
20th February 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 11

229 posts
Quote:

what about stock?

im rooted but still rolling with stock for now, mainly cuz i need 4g
20th February 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 95

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was on 1.4.3 when i tried it, but maybe I'm just messing up somewhere with it. I installed framework-res.apk, systemui.apk's and decompiled the System apk just fine, made my edits, but when I built it, a **** ton of errors popped up.

To see if its your environment or your edits, decompile and don't make any changes then recompile. Depending on the results you'll have your answer.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread