Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

1% battery mod project

Tip us?

dschachm
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Guys, just so you know, i loaded this the new homebase rom with update, and it has the battery percentage as 1% thank god!!!

KTT16
Old
(Last edited by KTT16; 18th September 2011 at 02:32 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 213
Default Making an attempt...

I'm still a noob so pardon me if i'm not really adding anything here. I'm going to try to make the mod. So far I've:

1) Downloaded apktool
2) Decompiled the framework-res.apk file
3) Went into stats_sys_battery.xml and added the lines for each percentage

...LOL that's where I'm at and this'll take a while...so sorry if I'm taking a long time with this...I also just saw that last post about having the 1% mod on the home based rom...****! LOL! Well, if anyone's interested, I'll still give it a shot...hopefully i don't brick my phone.

4) Went into UOT Kitchen and downloaded some battery icons (now i have all charging/status icons...I didn't want to make it myself)
5) Wondering if I replace stats_sys_battery.xml with my modded one, recompile, that it would work?

jeffy2walgreens
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you use minimalistic text, it shows battery level in increments of 1%

Finishure
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Any updates to this mod

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Toney Starks
Old
Thanks Meter 11
any updates at all?

KTT16
Old
Thanks Meter 213
What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.

KSmithInNY
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTT16 View Post
What ROM do you need the mod for? If you're talking Joker's skinny ROMs, then you can flash those as they have the % mod. Also Rangerbry posted the % mod way back for BLUR Roms. If you're talking ICS. Not ready yet, though I had extracted the systemui.apk and decompiled it, made my xml edits. but apktool doesn't compile the unrecognized ICS yet, so right now, we're stuck.
You probably need to update your apktool. I believe ICS support was added back in December.

http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...hangelog#1.4.3

KTT16
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
You probably need to update your apktool. I believe ICS support was added back in December.

http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...hangelog#1.4.3
I was on 1.4.3 when i tried it, but maybe I'm just messing up somewhere with it. I installed framework-res.apk, systemui.apk's and decompiled the System apk just fine, made my edits, but when I built it, a **** ton of errors popped up.

Toney Starks
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
what about stock?

im rooted but still rolling with stock for now, mainly cuz i need 4g

KSmithInNY
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I was on 1.4.3 when i tried it, but maybe I'm just messing up somewhere with it. I installed framework-res.apk, systemui.apk's and decompiled the System apk just fine, made my edits, but when I built it, a **** ton of errors popped up.
To see if its your environment or your edits, decompile and don't make any changes then recompile. Depending on the results you'll have your answer.