Friends, i m new to this topic....
I tried to root my device with z4 root and Gingerbreak but both did not worked for me. I kept usb debugging mode enabled.
Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel version : 126.96.36.199-perf
Build Number: GRI40
Software Version: LG-P500-V20B
Please help me...
Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
How to root LG Optimus One P500 on gingerbread 2.3.3
1. Be sure that you have installed the original V20 GB ROM
2. if you have it installed and tried different methods to root on it do a factory reset before trying this one
3. Be absolutely sure that you have all the phone-drivers installed when working with the phone in USB debugging mode, if not install them (http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3gvrb...ML_Ver_1.0.msi)
4. Download SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse (http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1307984755), after download extract the files into a folder with the same name as the archive.
5. After you extracted the files, go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy the cmd.exe to the folder where you extracted the files, in my case C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse\ADB.
6. Enter the phone settings menu, to the Development and tick the USB debugging mode. Connect the USB cable to the phone, wait until it recognizes it
7. right click on cmd.exe from the ADB folder, Run as administrator, than write:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf (do not close the window)
8. Leave the settings to the SuperOneClick as they are when it opens, click on ROOT and wait, it will say Starting ADB server..., than it will do it's job and than it will appear Waiting for device... it will say ok --- if it freezes while running psneuter do the following:
a. Turn USB Debugging OFF wait until it will appear in the window again Starting ADB server..., after that,
b. Turn USB Debugging ON, and after this trick it will start rooting.