Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Install CyanogemMod 7 in your Milestone 2

Tip us?

jorgebaruchi
Old
(Last edited by jorgebaruchi; 2nd September 2011 at 09:27 PM.) Reason: New ROM just released and I want to create a topic for noob users to discut this new idea
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Talking Install CyanogemMod 7 in your Milestone 2

Old Thread:
Quote:
Hi guys,

With this new kernel and a lot of new ideas, isnt better if we try a new port of cyanogen with no motoblur?? Particulary, i prefer that ROM...

I didnt know how to do, but i can test...

There are so many roms for droid 2, like fission, that i want to use in my milestone 2, but see that mike and others try to port but doesnt work. But now, we have new roms and new oportunites...

=)

Is that port possible now (with leaked CHINA rom)?
Rom UPDATED!! (02/09): Check on DEV Section using the link below

New Rom Release (28/08):

Hi Guys,

A new CM7 Rom was just released in DEV forum by Endless7 (thanks!)... If anyone (like me!) dont be able to post in DEV forums and need suport for this ROM... PLZ!! USE THIS TREAD....

Im working now, but I will try this ROM at Night, finger crossed! THIS IS THE WAY

Bye..

r2beta0
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebaruchi View Post
Hi guys,

With this new kernel and a lot of new ideas, isnt better if we try a new port of cyanogen with no motoblur?? Particulary, i prefer that ROM...

I didnt know how to do, but i can test...

There are so many roms for droid 2, like fission, that i want to use in my milestone 2, but see that mike and others try to port but doesnt work. But now, we have new roms and new oportunites...

=)

Is that port possible now (with leaked CHINA rom)?
Well, I'm still learning the basics of android building. As soon as I get my custom hijack for 2nd init working I will try to port CM to the Milestone2. Note that I'm not promising any dates. My free time is very short and I'll do my best, but I don't want to get under pressure because of this
The Following User Says Thank You to r2beta0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cypressious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think a leaked unlocked bootloader would do the trick
Just jocking. As I see it, nothing has changed regarding custom roms, as the bootloaded stays the same.

But I am quite confident, that r2beta0 will have progress on 2nd-init soon.

jorgebaruchi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressious View Post
I think a leaked unlocked bootloader would do the trick
Just jocking. As I see it, nothing has changed regarding custom roms, as the bootloaded stays the same.

But I am quite confident, that r2beta0 will have progress on 2nd-init soon.
filgers crossed!! but i remender that there are some blocks on system booting with froyo rom... then, i thinked that new rom could change this issue... =/

well, thks everybody!

dangpzanco
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2beta0 View Post
Well, I'm still learning the basics of android building. As soon as I get my custom hijack for 2nd init working I will try to port CM to the Milestone2. Note that I'm not promising any dates. My free time is very short and I'll do my best, but I don't want to get under pressure because of this
I think we don't need the 2nd-init built specially for GB rom, since Defy's CM7 (and Droid 2/X's) still have the base SBF on froyo. Maybe if we exchange the boot.img and devtree.img from GB leak to the ones inside Defy's CM7 update.zip (don't forget to delete /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/pds_init too, or you'll get all that GSM problems again)?

Edit: Won't Apex 2.0 RC2 work on GB Mile2?

@Milestone 2 (Finnaly on Gingerbread!)

r2beta0
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangpzanco View Post
I think we don't need the 2nd-init built specially for GB rom, since Defy's CM7 (and Droid 2/X's) still have the base SBF on froyo. Maybe if we exchange the boot.img and devtree.img from GB leak to the ones inside Defy's CM7 update.zip (don't forget to delete /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/pds_init too, or you'll get all that GSM problems again)?

Edit: Won't Apex 2.0 RC2 work on GB Mile2?

We need 2nd-init in order to change the boot sequence required by CM7. DroidX already have a customized 2nd-init for CM7, but I don't want to use it yet as it uses bootscripts inside a /system/etc/shadow-boot.zip. I prefer to have my files ready to edit and not inside a zip file. Also, trying to make my own hijack is giving me knowledge I will need when trying to port CM to M2.

dangpzanco
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2beta0 View Post
We need 2nd-init in order to change the boot sequence required by CM7. DroidX already have a customized 2nd-init for CM7, but I don't want to use it yet as it uses bootscripts inside a /system/etc/shadow-boot.zip. I prefer to have my files ready to edit and not inside a zip file. Also, trying to make my own hijack is giving me knowledge I will need when trying to port CM to M2.
Hm... Okay, nice! So we have a better coded 2nd-init.
PS: If you need to unpack a boot.img to get the scripts/zImage, I got it with dsixda's Kitchen

r2beta0
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangpzanco View Post
Hm... Okay, nice! So we have a better coded 2nd-init.
PS: If you need to unpack a boot.img to get the scripts/zImage, I got it with dsixda's Kitchen

Yeps, I'm using that one too.

jorgebaruchi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys,

Searching the web, i found a oficial port of MIUI for droid 2, than i think: "Can we port this version with the ch kernel and change the baseband?"

If its possible, i think that this way is more simple, however port a defy rom and fix the incompatible bugs...

=)

r2beta0
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebaruchi View Post
Hi guys,

Searching the web, i found a oficial port of MIUI for droid 2, than i think: "Can we port this version with the ch kernel and change the baseband?"

If its possible, i think that this way is more simple, however port a defy rom and fix the incompatible bugs...

=)
We should check first if this ROM is compatible with the kernels we have available. If so, we can try to port from that. Some ppl into Development forum are already trying to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to r2beta0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogem, cyanogen, gingerbread, leaked china rom, milestone 2, port