Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab 7 Won't Turn On? Here's a Fix it!

Tip us?

dargpat
Old
(Last edited by dargpat; 12th August 2011 at 03:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Galaxy Tab 7 Won't Turn On? Here's a Fix it!

I've tried all of the other fix its to get my Galaxy Tab to work. I've tried charging for 12 hrs via wall charger (no response)... I've tried holding the power button plus home key while tapping on the screen at the same time for over 2 minutes (no response) ... I've even tried putting it into download or recovery mode by holding the power button plus the volume key (up or down) for over 2 or minutes (no response) ...

If you're like me and thought the manufacturer was your only option left, there is one thing left you can try.

All I did was remove the shell and unplugged the battery for 30 mins, plugged it back up and viola!!! I have the battery charging icon. And it now boots perfectly into the OS.

Its worth a shot.... here's a video I watched to learn how to remove the shell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRaQR7RU0I

Step by step at ifixit.com
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsu...eardown/4103/1

Note: you will need a tri-wing screw driver to remove the first two screws. I didn't have one and just used a precision flat head screw driver and it worked like a charm if using enough down force so you won't strip the screw.

Hope this helps someone...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dargpat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noguru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Battery removal resets almost everything -- I'm grateful for your confirmation that it works on the Tab, and also for your links to the hammerless teardown.

dargpat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by noguru View Post
Battery removal resets almost everything -- I'm grateful for your confirmation that it works on the Tab, and also for your links to the hammerless teardown.
XDA forums has helped me so much, so I'm glad to return the favor to those that need it!

naivri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
good find

not had the problem myself, but that info is now in my brain for whenever I do have a problem

Manuele83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good. Thx man!!!

Artysen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Many thanks man, this saved my (tablets) life. Switched off my tablet last night after charging, for the first time in weeks, just to refresh everything. Tried switching back on this morning and nothing. I've spent all day trying to find out what the hell was wrong and tried all the various button solutions others have mentioned. Nothing worked. came across your info and links and thought I'd give it a try as I had nothing left to lose, tablet was dead. Voila!...back up and running again. I won't be switching it off again in a hurry. Once again great info and much appreciated.

qm4n76
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Nice info, really helpfull, my friend gtab p1000 have some problem, wont turn on, and i found this thread, i just try once, and amazing its working, i hit thanks to you

Beackman
Old
Thanks Meter 31
My have turn off and dont turn on, i wiated 2 days and plugged in wall charger, and they work again.
Nexus 4 - Rooted, unlocked.

shuk9782
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default dead tab

still got no luck...i'm tried of your skill yesterterday n my tab still won't turn on...
DEVICE: HTC TYTN2
RADIO: 1.65.XX.XX
ROM:ULTIMATE X2V8 W6.5
ANDROID 1.5/GPS SUPPORTED
HARD SPL:3.29

amirrash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks for the advice

hai, i saw your posting and thank god it really helpful. i own a p1010 and some how it cant turn on twice!. what ever i do, and what ever tricks available in the internet i had tried it all, all with no success. so the first time around i had to sent it for repair and because my tab's warrant had already ended i had to fork out a lot just to make it running. the repair shop just stated that the battery and the touch screen need to be replace. how stupid of me to fall for that. after that my tab is usable again. then it happend again. two days later the same problem occurred. now i know it is not the hardware but the software that causeing all this headache.

now, with your posting, i opened my tab, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and walla my tab is ok again. phew...save me a lot of money.

i see that the problem might be in the software. i see that alot of p1010 owners face the same problem here after upgrading from froyo to GB. and i notice that the blank screen syndrome would happen if we put it in a standby mode (my standby mode would be you touch the power button once just to make the screen goes blank).

just my 2cents.