Post Reply

For tabs with battery drainage problem... or how to calibrate

OP Vlad_z

15th August 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
I have this as well on my 7500. I had fully charged before i got to bed last night and turned it off. This morning i ran it down to 19% and turned it off for 5,5 hours. Guess my surprise when i turned it on again and it said 64% remaining. I have tried all afternoon now, and every time it says it's under 15% i turn it off for 5 minutes and turn it back on, and it's back up to a bit over 50%, and draining fast. I'm gonna try to drain the battery as much as possible and then turn it off for an hour, charge it over night and turn it off for 5 hours and see what happens.
16th August 2011, 02:15 AM   |  #22  
jzen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253
 
682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellegj

I have this as well on my 7500. I had fully charged before i got to bed last night and turned it off. This morning i ran it down to 19% and turned it off for 5,5 hours. Guess my surprise when i turned it on again and it said 64% remaining. I have tried all afternoon now, and every time it says it's under 15% i turn it off for 5 minutes and turn it back on, and it's back up to a bit over 50%, and draining fast. I'm gonna try to drain the battery as much as possible and then turn it off for an hour, charge it over night and turn it off for 5 hours and see what happens.

Did this happen to you after you installed Pershoot's kernel? I just want to find out if it was something in the kernel that caused the battery drain issue, in my case I'm pretty sure it was the kernel... As of right now my tablet is sleeping for 3 more hours before i can check it out and see if it worked...

I have Doc's slim 6.5 installed with his modified stock kernel... It took 2.5 hours to drain down to 40% (full brightness, 1ghz, all options set on, GPS,WIFI,ect...) Does this sound normal? If so It may have just fixed itself after flashing stock 3.1 rom then doc's slim ontop of it... Thanks all for your support <3
16th August 2011, 02:33 AM   |  #23  
FillTheVoid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
It happened to me after installing pershoots kernel. I noticed it right after I used the set on boot feature of Setcpu to overclock on start up.
The Following User Says Thank You to FillTheVoid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2011, 02:43 AM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I have the same setup as FillTheVoid. perhoots kernel oc at bootup. I never try to uncheck this option previously, so i dont know if this option cause the issue. Anyway i doubt it will make a difference now since the fuel gauge is all screwed up.
16th August 2011, 04:02 AM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzen

Did this happen to you after you installed Pershoot's kernel? I just want to find out if it was something in the kernel that caused the battery drain issue, in my case I'm pretty sure it was the kernel... As of right now my tablet is sleeping for 3 more hours before i can check it out and see if it worked...

I have Doc's slim 6.5 installed with his modified stock kernel... It took 2.5 hours to drain down to 40% (full brightness, 1ghz, all options set on, GPS,WIFI,ect...) Does this sound normal? If so It may have just fixed itself after flashing stock 3.1 rom then doc's slim ontop of it... Thanks all for your support <3

Yes and No actually.
I had pershoot's kernel installed when it started, running secretfile's rom (installed the kernel right away after installing the rom, just booted the rom once, then rebooted to cwm and glashed the kernel). However, I've been running pershoot's 8/9 kernel on stock rom before it started without any problem. So, for me it started in combination of secretfile's rom and pershoots kernel, but i can't say which of it caused the problem.
I now fully charged it over night and wiped battery stats first thing this morning, gonna let it run and see how it goes. I'll back to report later.
16th August 2011, 04:15 AM   |  #26  
FillTheVoid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
My previous posted method of calibration (what the op says) did in fact stop the battery from super draining then going back up after reboot. I can't say for sure if the battery is completely back to normal, I have nothing to compare it to but as far as I can tell I'm running normal again.
16th August 2011, 04:23 AM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillTheVoid

My previous posted method of calibration (what the op says) did in fact stop the battery from super draining then going back up after reboot. I can't say for sure if the battery is completely back to normal, I have nothing to compare it to but as far as I can tell I'm running normal again.

you should be looking about 10% per hour battery usage for normal browsing on wifi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wlighter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2011, 04:29 AM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellegj

Yes and No actually.
I had pershoot's kernel installed when it started, running secretfile's rom (installed the kernel right away after installing the rom, just booted the rom once, then rebooted to cwm and glashed the kernel). However, I've been running pershoot's 8/9 kernel on stock rom before it started without any problem. So, for me it started in combination of secretfile's rom and pershoots kernel, but i can't say which of it caused the problem.
I now fully charged it over night and wiped battery stats first thing this morning, gonna let it run and see how it goes. I'll back to report later.

this is stock rom with our without TWUX?
16th August 2011, 04:42 AM   |  #29  
FillTheVoid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlighter

you should be looking about 10% per hour battery usage for normal browsing on wifi

Yep I'm back to normal then. I'll check some battery stats tomorrow, and post them, when I'm actually off the charger for a while just to be sure.
16th August 2011, 04:47 AM   |  #30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlighter

this is stock rom with our without TWUX?

With TWUX.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes