OP the2dcour

14th August 2011, 05:57 AM   |  #11  
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,665

6,906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxcfhxoo

I was feeling good about 20 min ago. I have root (dock method) and started to get off the high that created figuring that it would be a while before somone unlocked the bootloader.......AHhhhhhh. Im gonna be checking this damn thread all night.......LMAO

it is very exciting. i saw this right here and sold my nexus s this is my Photon in the picture btw...
Huge thanks to the2dcour for making this happen!!!!

14th August 2011, 06:36 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
what are the chances of getting the sbf tonight from someone?
14th August 2011, 06:43 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 585

462 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

what are the chances of getting the sbf tonight from someone?

0% check back tomorrow around noon EST.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2dcour For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2011, 06:46 AM   |  #14  

72 posts
I was thinking along the lines of a small (coffee sized) donation?....on say..........Newbury Street
Last edited by ooxcfhxoo; 14th August 2011 at 06:53 AM.
14th August 2011, 07:07 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

462 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was thinking along the lines of a small (coffee sized) donation?

I _never_ ask for donations so don't feel obligated to, the work I do is a lot less intensive and technical than people imagine. As I've said before 99% credit belongs to moto for making this, 0.5% to the leaks/people who provide the leaks, and I'm happy to take the last 0.5% credit for being the script kiddie that assembles the pudding.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2dcour For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2011, 07:53 AM   |  #16  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 312

1,082 posts
Before the files are posted for the public to download, we need to make sure that there are no side effects from this. Yay4Juggs and the rest of the testers should take their time and check to see if anything else was affected. Maybe if there was a ROM or 2 that they could test to see that it works that would be great.

I am already excited today to find out about dockless rooting but if the unlocked bootloader can be released, that would be a double whammie weekend.
14th August 2011, 08:09 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

462 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs

Before the files are posted for the public to download, we need to make sure that there are no side effects from this. Yay4Juggs and the rest of the testers should take their time and check to see if anything else was affected. Maybe if there was a ROM or 2 that they could test to see that it works that would be great.

I am already excited today to find out about dockless rooting but if the unlocked bootloader can be released, that would be a double whammie weekend.

That's precisely the reason that it hasn't been posted yet. There still may be side effects in the future as we are seeing with the atrix. Be warned, the unlock is irreversible and you should be careful. Most people will not need an unlocked bootloader. When you get custom kernels and CM that is another matter. People who dev this stuff can certainly use the unlock wisely. Till there is a reason for you to unlock I wouldn't bother unless you are adventurous and have a spare phone 99% of the reason people need / want unlock is for a custom kernel the other 1% is for using fastboot or non-bootstrap cwm. Hopefully you will have a non-bootstrap CWM soon. I'm rambling so I'll stop talking.
14th August 2011, 08:14 AM   |  #18  

72 posts
Im waiting and could care less if it bricked my phone......I'll recover from it. I'm prepared.

14th August 2011, 08:19 AM   |  #19  

72 posts
I would be using ......fastboot or a non-bootstrap cwm (when one is available).

i understand CWM is possible now and the reason for me unlocking my boot-loader is to get it done before someone puts the brakes on it.

I like to have access to the things i own based on principal. Its the same reason why i refuse to pay twice for the same data stream i already pay for in order to tether.
Last edited by ooxcfhxoo; 14th August 2011 at 08:29 AM.
14th August 2011, 08:31 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

462 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Im waiting and could care less if it bricked my phone......I'll recover from it. I'm prepared.

Coming tomorrow, I promise.
Last edited by jug6ernaut; 16th August 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread