5,597,871 Members 38,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel]Sense ICS(v013)OC~1.73GHz/UV/ZRAM/Intellidemand/FauxSound![Mar-21]

Tip us?

xtcislove
Old
(Last edited by xtcislove; 13th August 2011 at 12:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
You mention its for 2.3.4 Builds but if it is based on htc sources this cant be? They only released 2.3.3 Kernel sources...?

Or did you hacked it to work with 2.3.4?
HTC Sensation
Revolutionary s-off´ed

Thanks to Revolutionaryfor S-off.
http://revolutionary.io/
Thanks to Baadnewz for his InsertCoin ROM.
http://www.baadnwz.eu/search/label/pyramid

phonegod
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcislove View Post
You mention its for 2.3.4 Builds but if it is based on htc sources this cant be? They only released 2.3.3 Kernel sources...?

Or did you hacked it to work with 2.3.4?
dude are you even reading it say nothing about its for 2.3.4

Coredroid 2.3
Stock Kernel
Theme&Tweak
By: Sergio76
ROM link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195902
CoreDroid Website: http://coredroidroms.com/

josepr07
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Welcome faux, love your work in the G2x

Scoop24
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Glad your finally here faux..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

xtcislove
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegod View Post
dude are you even reading it say nothing about its for 2.3.4
NOTICE: This is COMPATIBLE with ALL Sensations Rooted Stock and Custom ROMs
(Except the new 2.3.4 ROMs)

!? oh wtf -.- im so sorry ! My english isnt very well!
HTC Sensation
Revolutionary s-off´ed

Thanks to Revolutionaryfor S-off.
http://revolutionary.io/
Thanks to Baadnewz for his InsertCoin ROM.
http://www.baadnwz.eu/search/label/pyramid

Namit1994
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123 View Post
NOTICE: This is COMPATIBLE with ALL Sensations Rooted Stock and Custom ROMs
(Except the new 2.3.4 ROMs)

Hi XDA members and fellow Sensation users:

This is my tenth kernel hack. I want to thank Erasmux, and several others I cannot recall for inspiring me to venture into this unfamiliar territory for me.

What is a Kernel? The Kernel is the Foundation in which everything else builds upon in any software system.
[Car Analogy]: Kernel is like the Engine, Electrical system and the Transmission to a car. The Library, Framework and the Apps [AKA ROM] are the body frame and the rest of the Car.

THIS KERNEL is BASED ON HTC Source Code. So it is COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH HTC Gingerbread Sensation Builds.

Please DO NOT use any task killers, they DO NOT improve performance nor battery life. They INTERFERE with your phone's stability (more crashes) and App compatibilities (Forced Close).

MinMax Governor (Battery Saver)

This governor will try to minimize the frequency jumps/changes which cause voltage spikes/changes which supposedly drains more battery life... Supposedly designed to work with SetCPU... so give it a whirl...

SmartAss Governor (Balanced)

This governor has a built-in "profile" similar to SetCPU, so screen off will use lower clock rate thus conserve more battery, but it also has a fast wake up feature so that user interaction will not see the lag when switching from Sleep to Wake state.... (So SetCPU Profiles are sorta redundant when using this governor, you can still use SetCPU to OC to higher than default Clock frequency).

Interactive Governor (Performance)

This governor is designed to put more priority to User Interface (UI aka Apps) tasks, therefore appears more responsive then the traditional OnDemand governor. So if you want the smoothest UI interaction, this governor is for you...

Brain F*ck Scheduler - (BFS)

This scheduler is designed to be simple and speedy tailor specifically for user interface type systems such as desktop/smart phone devices where user interaction is MORE important than serving 1 million web requests (CFS, the default scheduler) at the same time (think of nimble desktop workstations vs large corporate servers).

SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)

This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate). Not all kernels are using SLQB including CM7 main line...

Fair Budget Queue (BFQ I/O scheduler)

This I/O scheduler is an improvement on top of Completely Fair Queue (CFQ). CFQ is fair in terms of time but not in terms of throughput / bandwidth, so BFQ make sure that both time and throughput / bandwidth are balanced across all requests.

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

[ CFS-Smartass ] (Mainline)
The File ==> Coming Soon <==
The File ==> Sensation Kernel 0.0.1 CFS Stock Voltage <==

[ BFS-Interactive ] (Enthusiast Edition)
The File ==> Coming Later <==
The File ==> Coming Later <==

Low Voltage - Under Volt the processor, therefore uses Less Battery, but NOT ALL CHIPS can handle Under Volt.. If you experience instability, try the Stock Voltage Version.

Stock Voltage - Uses the voltage values from ORIGINAL HTC Kernel Source.

There are NO PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE between the 2 versions!

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

NEWS BULLETIN:

Version 0.0.1 is OUT!
1. Initial Kernel (no overclocking / undervolting yet)

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The MT4G/XDA community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

BUGS:

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

TO DO:

version 1.x.x -- Haven't thought about it yet...

History:

See Post below...

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My Github Complying with GPL

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
Thanks for all that information, very useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Namit1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romanbb
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7026

DONATE TO ME
Hey there fellow Kanger

t0ny0
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namit1994 View Post
Thanks for all that information, very useful.
You really had to quote the whole op just to say "thanks" ? Lol

Good to see you in here faux, we've been waiting for youu :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Google Play Edition

Old Devices:
Galaxy Nexus - Retired
HTC Sensation 4G - Sold
MyTouch 4G - Sold
HTC HD2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2 - Sold
Nexus One - Sold
Viewsonic G-Tablet - Sold
HTC G1 - Eaten by my dog..
Samsung Vibrant - Sold
Samsung Nexus S - Sold
LG G2x - Sold (Warning! Crappy "phone")

If you think that I, or anyone else helped you, dont hesitate to hit the "THANKS" button. Thats why its there for .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t0ny0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kirdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 291
One more great dev...welcome to sensation ... can't wait for stupid htc to release the updated kernel sources for 2.3.4.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

drumsforjs
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Faux.!!! thanks for your work man. Good seeing you hear missed this kernels coming from mt4g.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
razr(broke)>HTC Hero>Palm Pre>Samsung Moment>HTC Evo>iphone 3g>iphone 3g's>iphone 4>Samsung Vibrant>HTC G2>Nexus One>Mytouch 4g>Lg G2X>HTC Sensation 4g,iPhone 4s Sprint,Epic 4g touch,sprint galaxy s3,lg optimus g,iphone 5,htc one, Samsung Galaxy s4(current)
Add me on Xbox Live:drumsforjs1991 Just tell me your from xda

Tags
bricked > faux, brilliant, fast, faux > all kernels, faux is amazing, faux123, high speed, ice cream sandwich, innovation, intellidemand, kernel, overclock, power saving, sensation, sensation xe, zram