FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Max Unsigned Apps Edit

13th August 2011, 01:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Could someone please help me with this edit? I've tried to put 7fffffff in the dword box, but it won't work. Do I just copy "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff in one box? I'd like to know the steps. TIA!
 
 
13th August 2011, 09:40 PM |#2  
EnderPsp's Avatar
Senior Member
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

Could someone please help me with this edit? I've tried to put 7fffffff in the dword box, but it won't work. Do I just copy "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff in one box? I'd like to know the steps. TIA!

I assume you have a Focus. What OS version?
13th August 2011, 10:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderPsp

I assume you have a Focus. What OS version?

It's 1.3 Just curious how to separate the info. I tried to put 7fffffff in the bottom box, and it was incorrect. Thanks for the help. Will this edit survive the Mango upgrade, as well as the unlock?
The Following User Says Thank You to rbrsddn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2011, 10:17 AM |#4  
adiliyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

It's 1.3 Just curious how to separate the info. I tried to put 7fffffff in the bottom box, and it was incorrect. Thanks for the help. Will this edit survive the Mango upgrade, as well as the unlock?

OS version, not revision.

as in 7004, 7712, 7720, etc...

my focus is on 7712 (going to flash mango rtm right now) and i can sideload a bunch of unsigned apps..what's the limit supposed to be?
The Following User Says Thank You to adiliyo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2011, 01:30 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

OS version, not revision.

as in 7004, 7712, 7720, etc...

my focus is on 7712 (going to flash mango rtm right now) and i can sideload a bunch of unsigned apps..what's the limit supposed to be?



Oh It's 7392
The Following User Says Thank You to rbrsddn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2011, 11:31 PM |#6  
EnderPsp's Avatar
Senior Member
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

Oh It's 7392

So I assume it's unlocked. Then install Samsung Tools and don't bother editing yourself.
15th August 2011, 01:33 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderPsp

So I assume it's unlocked. Then install Samsung Tools and don't bother editing yourself.

I have the Samsung Tools. I wanted to do the reg edit so it would stick when I upgraded to Mango.
15th August 2011, 09:23 AM |#8  
adiliyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

I have the Samsung Tools. I wanted to do the reg edit so it would stick when I upgraded to Mango.

it will stick, i did mine with samsung tools
15th August 2011, 11:15 AM |#9  
EnderPsp's Avatar
Senior Member
Lost in Europe :)
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

it will stick, i did mine with samsung tools

Same here, that's why I suggested it
15th August 2011, 12:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
That's the answer I was looking for! Thanks for the help!

PS, I had Samsung tools installed before, and got a message from microsoft telling me to uninstall it. It's now been installed for a couple of days, and I haven't gotten the message yet.
Last edited by rbrsddn; 15th August 2011 at 01:05 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes