Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM NEOFroyo v0.1 fastest build yet (updated8/21/11))

Tip us?

vzihome
Old
(Last edited by vzihome; 22nd August 2011 at 03:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default CWM NEOFroyo v0.1 fastest build yet (updated8/21/11))

This is a complete package just unzip folder on sd card.

Here is original thread by neopeek

people having wifi problems check the original thread they have a fix

This is the CWM 1.9 thread wich is included in folder already

Using starfox test kernel from XDA (Rhodium only)

EDIT: per starfox dont use test kernels use his new vanilla stable kernel

GAPPS already included.

Im not a dev, just put stuff together credit goes to all authors just posting here to spread the word

DOWNLOAD

garyg2k
Old
(Last edited by garyg2k; 13th August 2011 at 09:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Sure, I'll bite. I've got an extra micro-sd card here. What's the worst that could happen?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,514

DONATE TO ME
It's a pretty fast build, I tried it on Neopeeks site.

It is MDPI, so the look of it isn't quite as crisp... (you can see what I mean by the notification bar 3g, etc...lower resolution basically) but I was impressed by the speed. All the animations, etc are disabled by default and I believe that's Zeam that is the default launcher... it is quite snappy out of the box.

muziling
Old
Thanks Meter 73
what tweaks you did?
EVO3D sprint

vzihome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
no tweaks just put it together

XavierGr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This version is the fastest thing I've tried (probably due to mdpi-gapps), but I have two major issues.

1) Wifi will sometimes refuse to turn on, saying wifi error on the check box. It must be related to tethering and hotspot settings, because after I mess with these I get an instant reboot.
2) Camera is tremendously unstable. Most of the times it crashes bringing down the entire OS or if I am lucky it will crash the camera app and refuse to start again until a reboot.

Of course there are random hiccups here and there (like most builds), but it is quite close replacing WM for every day usage.
Video Game Soundtracks for the nostalgic ones.

icevapor
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierGr View Post
1) Wifi will sometimes refuse to turn on, saying wifi error on the check box. It must be related to tethering and hotspot settings, because after I mess with these I get an instant reboot.
This is actually not that unusual... I would get this on my epic4g... which is an android phone .

Starfox
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
If you don't mind, please use the vanilla kernel that I posted instead of the testing kernel. While I don't mind that it is being bundled, the [Test] kernel was never meant to be used for long term, and is liable to include stuff that is unstable and/or changed on my whim. The vanilla kernel contains some of the tweaks that I consider to be stable and is based on known autobuild releases+supports all devices. Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1221499

-- Starfox

anish88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
you think you can make a build with the latest rootfs, starfox's latest kernel, the led patches too?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
you think you can make a build with the latest rootfs, starfox's latest kernel, the led patches too?
There's nothing stopping you from doing that.

Including testing stuff into a public build is never a good idea. I wouldn't appreciate anything I distribute for testing to be put into a build. It's meant for testing, so anyone that installs/uses it should know full well what they're getting into. Placing it into a build circumvents that, and everyone ends up using it unknowingly.