Scary Alien for helping with some of my brainstorms
CPCookieMan for pointing me in the right direction with my initial thoughts for this project
MongooseHelix for the idea of the script vs a flashable zip
This is a very simple script that utilizes the radiooptions command to disable the radio but still allow use of WiFi without having to use airplane mode. Great for people who just upgraded and want to use their older device for an mp3 player with WiFi access. I wanted to make it to be run in init.d on startup but haven't successfully got it working that way yet so for now it can be run with script manager. This script can be run as follows:
1. Download the script and place it somewhere on your SD Card. (Maybe make a folder named Scripts to keep things organized)
2. Download Script Manager from the market.
3. Open Script Manager and navigate to where you saved the script then select the script.
4. Check the options for run as root and if you always use wifi only because you don't have service on your device check off Run at boot as well.
5. When prompted by superuser allow superuser permissions.
I have tested this script on my Incredible and my Eris as well and should be universal to run on any android device.
If you are using this on an inactive device and don't want the activation screen coming up after reboot and new ROM flash follow these simple steps.
*NOTE: you need to be using a ROM that has EPST.apk in it for this procedure to work.
1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".