Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

***COMPLETE*** List of Xperia PLAY Games! 499 GAMES! (Updated 5/15/2013)

OP TLRtheory

10th April 2012, 07:29 AM   |  #161  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,506

2,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory

.Still just one person (who has two jobs, college and a very time-vampiric girlfriend), so gimme time

Ot:
I understand completely. Same here, only I have a time-vampiric wife (she laughed when she heard that term, hopefully your gf will laugh if she sees that)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #162  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 711

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iibishop

Don't stop improving that site man. Cheers!

Oh I won't.

FTR, I decided to go ahead and completely remodel the website to celebrate just how close we are to 300 games

Still not done, but I think it looks way better now.
14th April 2012, 01:54 AM   |  #163  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm sure you'll work on these points when you have some time or are working on them already, but the site needs some CSS to make the lists and text boxes less... 199-ish, and a non-serif font for the clickable stuff is probably a good idea. It'd be good if you used a font family with serif and non-serif versions which gives you some flexibility while not compromising the look of the site.

Having said that, I have two extra things to suggest, but these are personal, as in, my 2 cents.

First of them, the header is... poor. It doesn't even let us see how the site is called. I know the site is still under construction, but some visibility is good. And the second point is that you're... naturally loquacious with text. This is good in the reviews (which you know I love), but maybe not for the web site's commands. When I think of a site, I envision the amount of words per clickable elements kept at a minimum, with more info coming up when you hover on an element. And certainly if you can spare yourself some big text boxes with a little icon, by all means do so.

So instead of having the text boxes:

1) Like what you see? GET THIS GAME!!!
and
2) Already got it? HIT THE FORUMS!!!

You could use 2 icons:

And a similar one for the forum. Then you'll save tons of space and the website will look cleaner.

Here's a bit about publishing apps in the Android Dev Guide. Since they mention website publishing as well, which is what you actually do, you may want to give it a look: http://developer.android.com/guide/p...ublishing.html
Last edited by Logseman; 14th April 2012 at 01:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logseman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #164  

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman

I'm sure you'll work on these points when you have some time or are working on them already, but the site needs some CSS to make the lists and text boxes less... 199-ish, and a non-serif font for the clickable stuff is probably a good idea. It'd be good if you used a font family with serif and non-serif versions which gives you some flexibility while not compromising the look of the site.

Having said that, I have two extra things to suggest, but these are personal, as in, my 2 cents.

First of them, the header is... poor. It doesn't even let us see how the site is called. I know the site is still under construction, but some visibility is good. And the second point is that you're... naturally loquacious with text. This is good in the reviews (which you know I love), but maybe not for the web site's commands. When I think of a site, I envision the amount of words per clickable elements kept at a minimum, with more info coming up when you hover on an element. And certainly if you can spare yourself some big text boxes with a little icon, by all means do so.

So instead of having the text boxes:

1) Like what you see? GET THIS GAME!!!
and
2) Already got it? HIT THE FORUMS!!!

You could use 2 icons:

And a similar one for the forum. Then you'll save tons of space and the website will look cleaner.

Here's a bit about publishing apps in the Android Dev Guide. Since they mention website publishing as well, which is what you actually do, you may want to give it a look: http://developer.android.com/guide/p...ublishing.html

I greatly appreciate what you've said here! I'm more than welcome to the kind of criticism you give because it's actually constructive instead of the typical condescension that I traditionally expect from self-titled pros on web development forums.

I definitely will be changing the box text boxes to buttons asap (like tonight), and plan to act upon your other recommendations as well.

As for my header, I'm all for gaining visibility... but could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "It doesn't even let us see how the site is called."?

And what fonts would you recommend? Admittedly, I just went for whatever fonts fit, with Verdana and Broadway being the only choice I made in consideration of aesthetics.
14th April 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #165  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 639

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll send you an MP. It can get gorey
25th April 2012, 08:07 AM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Cool
Graxxxxx
3rd May 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #167  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Sonic 4 Episode 1 comes up as not compatible with my Play on the Market...

Is there any reason for this? Is it my crappy carrier (Verizon)?
3rd May 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #168  
Thanks Meter: 97

793 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseOffender

Sonic 4 Episode 1 comes up as not compatible with my Play on the Market...

Is there any reason for this? Is it my crappy carrier (Verizon)?

Yeah maybe cause I bought it off Google Play and it works with the gamepad
5th May 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 89

1,571 posts
More
Has Dosbox turbo made this list yet? Since the dev has been working so much to make it perfect for XP users. Input modes etc.
19th May 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #170  

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Absolutely humongous update!

Not only is this list caught up to XperiaPlayGamer.net... I've created a method to where I can sync it with the site database! Much less work on my end.

You also may notice that the screenshots have been replaced with the game's header pictures... which is pretty much just a result of the site's database not having screenshots for every game yet. As soon as the site's database has all the images from the Google Play Store, we'll return to using screenshots instead of header images.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TLRtheory For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread