5,594,438 Members 33,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to run multipple apps/windows simultaneously

Tip us?

Extreemator
Old
(Last edited by Extreemator; 14th August 2011 at 08:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How to run multipple apps/windows simultaneously

Need to run two reader apps (two parallel texts for reading the original literature) on one screen. Two copies of the same program like Moon+ would be even more nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Extreemator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cupricreki
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I'm fairly certain this is impossible as of now. Either their are no apps that can possibly come close to supporting this. Or, this it is merely a limitation of the current android operating system.

But for the record, this would be amazing and drool-worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybear23 View Post
Those are specialized thermal osmosis transmission ports for connecting the Captivate to an external flux capacitor, in case your Mr Fusion goes bad.

Current Phablet: Samsung Galaxy Note i717 Running Saurom Rom [2.3.6] 1828 MHz [Stable]

Phone: Samsung Captivate i897 Running Doc's Master ICS V5 [4.0.3]
Tablet: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Running Revolver 4 by Gnufabio [4.0.0]

finalhit
Old
(Last edited by finalhit; 14th August 2011 at 07:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 217
there's a UI system someone posted a while back that allows android to operate in a 3-viewport mode, where you have 1 big viewport, an 2 smaller viewports, each running a different app. and you can switch between them. there's also ixonos' thing...which is a windowed UI. i personally prefer the former, because it wastes less real-estate.

neither of them are available atm, but they will soon.

although i don't think you can run multiple instances of the same app.

oh yea, the adam ink has a multi-pane launcher as well, which works just like the first one i described, and that's already available...although it doesn't seem like it's very good.

either way though, android, and especially honeycomb is capable of multi-tasking, i think it's just a question of ui issues, and everyone is trying to find the best presentation for such a function.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

dawgpound6985
Old
Thanks Meter 52
^I think you're talking about Onskreen's Cornerstone:

http://onskreen.com/

Looks promising but I think they're only shopping it to OEMs at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgpound6985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aligatro2010
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Yea, that would be a killer feature. Maemo Os does it beautifully, why can't android ?
Link to OTA update from ASUS server

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22928122

compywiz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
+1 to this. Multiple windows in Android would be a very attractive feature.

Extreemator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
dawgpound6985
Yes, thats what I found lately, but it's not available as .apk anywhere.

Need something reliable and easy to work with.

albertus76
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to install UBUNTU in dual boot mode on Asus Eee Pad transformer

Hi,

Thanks a loto for your thread about Ubuntu on Android .
I just unrooted my Asus eee pad transformer and I want to use in dual boot with first O.S Android and second Ubuntu.
I download from internet the following folder zipped:
linux-flash-kit.tar.gz
Ubuntu.img

But I don't Know how to go on, could you help me?
At the moment I download in MicroSD memory ( 16 gb) Ubuntu .img and into " linux-flash-kit.tar.gz" I can see file like "flash-linux-android.sh".

Now I confused because on the web I can see a lot of information but, for example, in this last folder I can see only to start on ubuntu ( desktop) but on other topic I can see using APX mode on Windows but They use others files.

Could YOu help me to understand where I have to paste files and where i Can start installation?

Thanks a lot for your help.

typci
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I would be happy if there was just a file manager that had multiple windows for copying and pasting. I'm sure that could be done.

Matchstick
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by typci View Post
I would be happy if there was just a file manager that had multiple windows for copying and pasting. I'm sure that could be done.
Have you had a look at Total Commander for Android ?

It's an official android port of the classic two-pane file manager that and works great on the Transformer.

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=30417

(This post is useful as well as it details how to give the program full root access so you can even use it in place of something like Root Explorer
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...r-for-android/)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]