FORUMS

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to run multipple apps/windows simultaneously

14th August 2011, 08:04 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Need to run two reader apps (two parallel texts for reading the original literature) on one screen. Two copies of the same program like Moon+ would be even more nice.
Last edited by Extreemator; 14th August 2011 at 08:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Extreemator For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th August 2011, 05:08 PM |#2  
Flag Colorado

Donate to Me
More
I'm fairly certain this is impossible as of now. Either their are no apps that can possibly come close to supporting this. Or, this it is merely a limitation of the current android operating system.

But for the record, this would be amazing and drool-worthy.
14th August 2011, 06:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
there's a UI system someone posted a while back that allows android to operate in a 3-viewport mode, where you have 1 big viewport, an 2 smaller viewports, each running a different app. and you can switch between them. there's also ixonos' thing...which is a windowed UI. i personally prefer the former, because it wastes less real-estate.

neither of them are available atm, but they will soon.

although i don't think you can run multiple instances of the same app.

oh yea, the adam ink has a multi-pane launcher as well, which works just like the first one i described, and that's already available...although it doesn't seem like it's very good.

either way though, android, and especially honeycomb is capable of multi-tasking, i think it's just a question of ui issues, and everyone is trying to find the best presentation for such a function.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Last edited by finalhit; 14th August 2011 at 07:01 PM.
14th August 2011, 11:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
^I think you're talking about Onskreen's Cornerstone:

http://onskreen.com/

Looks promising but I think they're only shopping it to OEMs at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgpound6985 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2011, 05:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Yea, that would be a killer feature. Maemo Os does it beautifully, why can't android ?
15th August 2011, 03:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
+1 to this. Multiple windows in Android would be a very attractive feature.
15th August 2011, 05:57 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
dawgpound6985
Yes, thats what I found lately, but it's not available as .apk anywhere.

Need something reliable and easy to work with.
4th September 2011, 11:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how to install UBUNTU in dual boot mode on Asus Eee Pad transformer
Hi,

Thanks a loto for your thread about Ubuntu on Android .
I just unrooted my Asus eee pad transformer and I want to use in dual boot with first O.S Android and second Ubuntu.
I download from internet the following folder zipped:
linux-flash-kit.tar.gz
Ubuntu.img

But I don't Know how to go on, could you help me?
At the moment I download in MicroSD memory ( 16 gb) Ubuntu .img and into " linux-flash-kit.tar.gz" I can see file like "flash-linux-android.sh".

Now I confused because on the web I can see a lot of information but, for example, in this last folder I can see only to start on ubuntu ( desktop) but on other topic I can see using APX mode on Windows but They use others files.

Could YOu help me to understand where I have to paste files and where i Can start installation?

Thanks a lot for your help.
5th September 2011, 02:38 PM |#9  
Flag Xian, China (陕西,西安)
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I would be happy if there was just a file manager that had multiple windows for copying and pasting. I'm sure that could be done.
5th September 2011, 02:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typci

I would be happy if there was just a file manager that had multiple windows for copying and pasting. I'm sure that could be done.

Have you had a look at Total Commander for Android ?

It's an official android port of the classic two-pane file manager that and works great on the Transformer.

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=30417

(This post is useful as well as it details how to give the program full root access so you can even use it in place of something like Root Explorer
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...r-for-android/)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread