Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] tether Wifi and USB Thrive P506 without app or having to deal with AT&T

Tip us?

Chadw1985
Old
(Last edited by Chadw1985; 16th August 2011 at 06:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Talking [How To] tether Wifi and USB Thrive P506 without app or having to deal with AT&T

First you have to open the hidden menu. To open the hidden menu go to your dial pad and dial 3845#*506#. it will open automatically. Scroll all the way to the bottom and open connectivity test. then you will see an option that says entitlement Enable/Disable. Uncheck this box and close out of the hidden menu. Now go to settings then wireless & networks then tethering and portable hotspot. check the option that says USB Tethering and check option below that says portable wifi hotspot. Go into the portable wifi hotspot settings and make sure portable wifi hotspot is checked. the option below that opens a menu that allows you to configure security. open it and put in a password for your wifi or select open. You can now use your Lg Thrive as a Wifi Hotspot or tether via USB. ENJOY!!!

If you dont know about a setting, research it or you risk making parts of your phone not functional. The hidden menu can be used to change things like UAstring, set fast dormancy, allow multiple pdp mode, change network mode, and others. this may work for other phones as well. to get into it on another phone dial 3845#*(your model number(should be 3 numbers) then #. the menu should open automatically. Im not sure of what phones this works on. but know it does work on phones similar to the Thrive. i will post the menus to go into to change other options as well. Hope this was helpful

USB and DUN Drivers: http://www.girlgeekette.net/2011/05/...d-dun-drivers/
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadw1985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dislplin01
Old
Thanks Meter 122
does anyone know how to get the hidden menu on the p509 in the US from tmobile the optimusT?
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Paronoidroid 4.3
Kernel: Franco Kernel nightly
Tablet: Nexus 7
Retired: LGp500, HTC Sensation, Moto Xoom, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4
PS if i help you press the thank you button it makes me feel all warm inside

dr.notor
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislplin01 View Post
does anyone know how to get the hidden menu on the p509 in the US from tmobile the optimusT?
Eh.. 3845#*509# ?

dislplin01
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.notor View Post
Eh.. 3845#*509# ?
Doesn't work

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Paronoidroid 4.3
Kernel: Franco Kernel nightly
Tablet: Nexus 7
Retired: LGp500, HTC Sensation, Moto Xoom, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4
PS if i help you press the thank you button it makes me feel all warm inside

dr.notor
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislplin01 View Post
Doesn't work
The hidden menu ONLY works on stock/stock-based ROMs. (with HiddenMenu.apk installed). No, it does not work on CM7, do not even bother.

Chadw1985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
if they put a copy of the hiddenmenu.apk in there system file would it install it? its not an installable apk. its just in the app file in system folder. might just be lg software. if anyone wants to try it i will post a copy.

dr.notor
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadw1985 View Post
if they put a copy of the hiddenmenu.apk in there system file would it install it? its not an installable apk. its just in the app file in system folder. might just be lg software. if anyone wants to try it i will post a copy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.notor View Post
No, it does not work on CM7, do not even bother.
There.....