Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[How To] tether Wifi and USB Thrive P506 without app or having to deal with AT&T

15th August 2011, 09:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbia, Sc
Thanks Meter: 103

137 posts
More
First you have to open the hidden menu. To open the hidden menu go to your dial pad and dial 3845#*506#. it will open automatically. Scroll all the way to the bottom and open connectivity test. then you will see an option that says entitlement Enable/Disable. Uncheck this box and close out of the hidden menu. Now go to settings then wireless & networks then tethering and portable hotspot. check the option that says USB Tethering and check option below that says portable wifi hotspot. Go into the portable wifi hotspot settings and make sure portable wifi hotspot is checked. the option below that opens a menu that allows you to configure security. open it and put in a password for your wifi or select open. You can now use your Lg Thrive as a Wifi Hotspot or tether via USB. ENJOY!!!

If you dont know about a setting, research it or you risk making parts of your phone not functional. The hidden menu can be used to change things like UAstring, set fast dormancy, allow multiple pdp mode, change network mode, and others. this may work for other phones as well. to get into it on another phone dial 3845#*(your model number(should be 3 numbers) then #. the menu should open automatically. Im not sure of what phones this works on. but know it does work on phones similar to the Thrive. i will post the menus to go into to change other options as well. Hope this was helpful

USB and DUN Drivers: http://www.girlgeekette.net/2011/05/...d-dun-drivers/
Last edited by Chadw1985; 16th August 2011 at 06:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadw1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 122

1,194 posts
does anyone know how to get the hidden menu on the p509 in the US from tmobile the optimusT?
16th August 2011, 05:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 354

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislplin01

does anyone know how to get the hidden menu on the p509 in the US from tmobile the optimusT?

Eh.. 3845#*509# ?
16th August 2011, 06:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 122

1,194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.notor

Eh.. 3845#*509# ?

Doesn't work

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App
16th August 2011, 06:53 AM   |  #5  

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislplin01

Doesn't work

The hidden menu ONLY works on stock/stock-based ROMs. (with HiddenMenu.apk installed). No, it does not work on CM7, do not even bother.
18th August 2011, 05:40 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbia, Sc
Thanks Meter: 103

137 posts
More
if they put a copy of the hiddenmenu.apk in there system file would it install it? its not an installable apk. its just in the app file in system folder. might just be lg software. if anyone wants to try it i will post a copy.
18th August 2011, 06:36 AM   |  #7  

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadw1985

if they put a copy of the hiddenmenu.apk in there system file would it install it? its not an installable apk. its just in the app file in system folder. might just be lg software. if anyone wants to try it i will post a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.notor

No, it does not work on CM7, do not even bother.

There.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread