[WISHLIST] What do I want from a "PERFECT" custom ROM for Optimus Black?
What do I want from a "PERFECT" custom ROM for Optimus Black??
- root + busybox
- clockworkmod recovery (with ext4 SUPPORT, fixed progressbar ;) )
- adb in recovery..
- Entering recovery by phone app, keypress and failsafe file on sd card
- Gingerbread or Honeycomb icons in statusbar. Don't care about toggles, other colors, etc.
- Optimised kernel + minmax governor and 10% overclock + decent undervolt
- tweaked build.prop
- fixed improved sqlite (see gps issue) as option
- stock sounds + option to add my own ringtones, notifications, etc
- ALL stock applications with option to remove some of them (search sgschlorine or BloatwareBuster on XDA) (se the problems of appinj in Nova)
- Installation of user applications by CWM update.zip script or something like this... (somewhere on XDA is an Update-Zip-Packager script that packages stuff in a update.zip CWM-flashable file)
- Recovery and Reboot options in power menu
- Permanent increased sd card read_ahead cache from 128 to 1024, 2048 or 4096 (see /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb)
Most of those are included in Noejn's Nova...
The list remains open!
Most of the tweaks must be by default in the ROM.
Others I'd like to be CWM-flashable (statusbar icons, kernel, build.prop, sqlite, user sounds, crapwarebuster, user apps)
- STRIPPED down to the bones "stock" ROM
- al the other options and apps (stock and/or user) packed in individual or small packs CWM-flashable files.
I think than making a highly "modular" ROM will help users to fine-tune their phones as much as they want to...
Most of the wishes in the list are BASED ON AND INSPIRED BY NOEJN's NOVA! Thank you and all the contributors for your work!
OTHER IDEAS TO ADD?