Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minecraft pocket released tomorrow! :D

Tip us?

bubblegumballoon
Old
(Last edited by bubblegumballoon; 15th August 2011 at 11:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 179
Default Minecraft pocket released tomorrow! :D

It has been confirmed by jeb who is one of the developers of minecraft, we will be able to get our hand on the pocket version sometime tomorrow!

proof:
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/103164030037934080
The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegumballoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geeve
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I was browsing through xda... then I saw you thread title. My expression: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cat_On_Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Will it be free?

Good news regardless ;)

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
Pressure Sony for Xperia PLay 2

_terror_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Any ideas how much it will cost?

zerojay
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Why would it be free?

I believe it's going to be $7.
The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JackJack762
Old
(Last edited by JackJack762; 15th August 2011 at 11:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
WOOHOO I was sitting there like 40-minutes try'na make the downloads of the demo/beta work but NONE of them work
Theres nothing like being in Teh Sandbox (Afghan') with your SA80 next to you hoggin' up the Computers at the CompCafe playing Minecraft.. Now I can do it out in teh field. THIS IS what the SolarPoweredMonkey is for. Not charging a friggin iPod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Why would it be free?

I believe it's going to be $7.
Hell I'd be ballzy enough to buy it and stick it on a download site/email it to people.. Rooted Phone FTW..
So glad I decided to go with teh Play now. Although.. I saw the Video months before I got the Play (Even though it was PINGCHAT! & iPlayer that made me give my Dad the Wildfire and get this!)

Geeve
Old
Thanks Meter 22
7$... but I'm sure it'll be free on teh internetz in a few days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JackJack762
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeve View Post
7$... but I'm sure it'll be free on teh internetz in a few days.
Hell ANYONE running a Rooted Play could put it up ASLONG as they dont need login or have a licence file.. because then people will be trying to hack that to be free too!

There ARE free launchers of MC out there anyhow.. So maybe someone will make an aftermarket launcher thats free based off the paid one? just as with Windows?
I run it on Linux normally (On teh Toshiba laptop) and Windows from USBstick normally (With "PocketLauncher" etc)

bubblegumballoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 179
Im guessing they will charge you to buy the app unlike the PC business model where you just buy a premium account.

I wouldnt be too happy about paying for the game again. If its just classic mode without multiplayer then I will give it a pass. if it does have multiplayer then I may change my mind

zerojay
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Guys, if you want more good games on the Play, pirating the biggest game to come to it isn't going to help. Just means we'll get less games that will support it. Just put down a few bucks and show your support.

As far as I know, the game will evolve just like the PC version had over the years.