Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,320 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Infused v2.2.3 - (09/23)

Tip us?

downshift00
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
Well we solved the touchscreen responsiveness issue when using the AOSP Gingerbread launcher and Go Launcher. The on demand governor doesn't seem to be tuned right in the Rogers kernel source. Using conservative or interactive instead fixes the issue. The on demand governor could also be what's causing some people to experience random reboots. Kernel devs should start setting conservative as default.
Where can one download AOSP Gingerbread launcher?

Thanks.

JordanElliott
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 744
Well is there a way to remove ondemand completely?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

joeclark
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Here are my results 2.01 San Antonio, TX

sent from a phone using an app
Joe Clark

Current Devices:
Galaxy SIII - Stock/Rooted/4.1.1
Nexus 7 - Stock/Rooted/Unlocked 4.2.2

Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note
Oldest Daughter: Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate
Oldest Son: Dell Streak 7 4G (does not have a smart phone any more)
Youngest Daughter: SII Skyrocket / Dell Streak 7 4G
Youngest Son: he is only 10

snoopdaclown
Old
Thanks Meter 45
i dont see a download link for 2.0.2 at all just for 2.0.1 and test 2.0.4, just wondering if it has to be from the rom manager to have 2.0.2
Devices

None @ the moment, going to get the LG Optimus F6, 4G LTE and better camera, cant go wrong...

JordanElliott
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdaclown View Post
i dont see a download link for 2.0.2 at all just for 2.0.1 and test 2.0.4, just wondering if it has to be from the rom manager to have 2.0.2
2.0.2 and 2.0.3 weren't official roms. They were attempts to fix hspa+

TheMan42
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Installed - came from Infused 1.5.3 with no issues during the process -

ran a speedtest when I was complete and all seemed to be normal here for me - my area still has lackluster speeds - I compared the results with my Sister's infuse and my Fiancee's Infuse which are both stock - they got nearly the same speed results as mine as well

Two minor bugs I've noticed:
  • The Power Control Widget (not the one in the status bar) comes up blank when I try to put it on the desktop, I know its not a big deal, just making others aware of it
  • The Haptic feedback seems fainter compared to Infused 1.5.3 - I tried tinkering with the haptic feedback settings under the "Sound" section, still doesn't make much of a difference when I'm texting or using the keyboard - not a big deal though.

Otherwise, fantastic ROM!

tyshemi
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan42 View Post

ran a speedtest when I was complete and all seemed to be normal here for me - my area still has lackluster speeds - I compared the results with my Sister's infuse and my Fiancee's Infuse which are both stock - they got nearly the same speed results as mine as well

• The Power Control Widget (not the one in the status bar) comes up blank when I try to put it on the desktop, I know its not a big deal, just making others aware of it
  • The Haptic feedback seems fainter compared to Infused 1.5.3 - I tried tinkering with the haptic feedback settings under the "Sound" section, still doesn't make much of a difference when I'm texting or using the keyboard - not a big deal though.

To fix power control select wifi from pull down. Turn on then off power control fixed. Also gingerbread haptic is a lighter vibrate than froyo its just a gb thing.I have also found that different keyboards are stronger when it comes to.haptic

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan42 View Post

After placing power control widget toggle wifi on off in notification drop down

As for vibration intensity that may be hardware related... Mine is a significant difference when adjusted from low to high

Tyshemi beat me to the punch lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyFBaby17 View Post
Well is there a way to remove ondemand completely?

Yeah, simple defconfig change in the kernel followed by a recompile. Ondemand can be left in but made non-default - I'm not a huge fan of COMPLETELY removing features from a kernel, however, with the way the community here is, too many people will ignore warnings of possible ondemand problems then complain, so it may be desirable to nuke ondemand for a while.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

TheMan42
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Thanks guys,

also - anyone else having the device still think it's connected to USB storage when it's turned off and removed? I've had it twice, a simple reboot fixes the issue - again - not a big deal, all core functions are fine on the device.