FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] What do I need to modify in build.prop to keep the latest OTA from pushing?

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yes, I know I could just install a custom ROM. But I'm just looking for the quick fix. I heard the latest OTA breaks root and makes it harder to root or impossible. Just want to get rid of the notifications for now.

Alternatively, does anyone have the build.prop from the OTA that I could just copy over so the phone thinks it's updated?
Last edited by benmarvin; 16th August 2011 at 04:38 AM.
 
 
16th August 2011, 05:12 AM |#2  
mtmichaelson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks Meter: 1,121
 
Donate to Me
More
It requires more than just a build.prop edit.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2011, 05:44 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson

It requires more than just a build.prop edit.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App

What is this, a secret society? If I need to do more than modify the build.prop, then what is it? Would you like me to rephrase the question?
16th August 2011, 05:57 AM |#4  
mtmichaelson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks Meter: 1,121
 
Donate to Me
More
You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App
Last edited by mtmichaelson; 16th August 2011 at 06:01 AM.
16th August 2011, 06:14 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
Ooooooor you could just flash mt Revolt ROM. That does the job as well.
16th August 2011, 03:33 PM |#6  
Squiz0329's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmarvin

What is this, a secret society? If I need to do more than modify the build.prop, then what is it? Would you like me to rephrase the question?

Wow.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App
16th August 2011, 07:48 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson

You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App

Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?
16th August 2011, 08:16 PM |#8  
mtmichaelson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks Meter: 1,121
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiperic

Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?

I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

MobileUpdateClient.apk is the exact apk. Delete it and no more updates!

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2011, 08:23 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson

I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

MobileUpdateClient.apk is the exact apk. Delete it and no more updates!

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App

Thanks my friend!
16th August 2011, 10:46 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson

MobileUpdateClient.apk is the exact apk. Delete it and no more updates!

Thanks! Bluetooth isn't a big deal.
17th August 2011, 12:18 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Since renaming MobileUpdateClient.apk to .bak it looks like I'm going to get a serious boost in battery life. Since doing this, 3 hours ago, I've only lost 5% of battery. I would usually lose around 10% every hour. Maybe BT has something to do with poor battery life on this phone? I don't know, but it's worth looking into. I hope it's the case.

On a side note, you may want to reboot after update, or do what I did and try to enable BT. When you try to enable BT it will act like it resets the phone sort of like a soft boot. Phone feels lighter too....lol jk.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes