Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 45,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What do I need to modify in build.prop to keep the latest OTA from pushing?

Tip us?

benmarvin
Old
(Last edited by benmarvin; 16th August 2011 at 04:38 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] What do I need to modify in build.prop to keep the latest OTA from pushing?

Yes, I know I could just install a custom ROM. But I'm just looking for the quick fix. I heard the latest OTA breaks root and makes it harder to root or impossible. Just want to get rid of the notifications for now.

Alternatively, does anyone have the build.prop from the OTA that I could just copy over so the phone thinks it's updated?

mtmichaelson
Old
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
It requires more than just a build.prop edit.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benmarvin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson View Post
It requires more than just a build.prop edit.

What is this, a secret society? If I need to do more than modify the build.prop, then what is it? Would you like me to rephrase the question?

mtmichaelson
Old
(Last edited by mtmichaelson; 16th August 2011 at 06:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Haro912
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Ooooooor you could just flash mt Revolt ROM. That does the job as well.
Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Transformer Prime
------------------
Asus Transformer Prime
ROM: AOKP by Jermaine151
Kernel: Motley by _Motley
------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3:
ROM: Android Open Kang Project By Xoomdev
Kernel: KT747 By Ktoonsez

Squiz0329
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmarvin View Post
What is this, a secret society? If I need to do more than modify the build.prop, then what is it? Would you like me to rephrase the question?
Wow.

chiperic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?

mtmichaelson
Old
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiperic View Post
Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?
I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

MobileUpdateClient.apk is the exact apk. Delete it and no more updates!

The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiperic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

Thanks my friend!

benmarvin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks! Bluetooth isn't a big deal.