Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S-Off no busybox or superuser

Tip us?

deezndc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] S-Off no busybox or superuser

I have officially obtained root using the "Revolutionary" method and both of the main apps say I don't have root access. I've been searching for the last couple hours as to not be flamed but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to deezndc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trytohaxme
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Flash superuser from recovery.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
Phone - Samsung Galaxy S4 - VRUFNC5 4.4.2
ROM -(Stock)
Kernel - (Stock)
Root - N/A
The Following User Says Thank You to Trytohaxme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezndc View Post
I have officially obtained root using the "Revolutionary" method and both of the main apps say I don't have root access. I've been searching for the last couple hours as to not be flamed but to no avail.

FYI - your section and that will get you flamed but 2 simple things to check
1. do you have superuser on your phone as an app.
2. you can install busybox as well

there are root checker apps out there...you may be new to rooting but if you know about getting flamed then you know you posted in wrong area and honestly that information could of been asked in the root thread.

go back in the thread and flash the superuser zip... Read the OP fully in the future....

Good Luck
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a Nexus 4 on LiquidSmooth 2.5/Samsung Galaxy S2(AT&T)and Wifi Only Xoom

joeykrim
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezndc View Post

the documentation revolutionary provides on their web site is pretty helpful as it addresses your root question.
Under their FAQ section in the documentation link above:
"Does Revolutionary give me root?
No. You will need to flash this zipfile from recovery. "
The link for this goes to the superuser.apk file which will provide root access. This file is to be flashed through recovery.

Also, I have an app on the market to help verify root access and busybox have been properly setup - Root Checker. Advanced mode will give you details to help troubleshoot, but following the steps above, you shouldn't have any issues.

Regarding busybox, this linux binary is installed separately. Many custom ROMs provide a copy of Busybox. You can also install Busybox through applications in the Android Market or manually adb push it into any directory in your $PATH, i.e. /system/bin or /system/xbin.

Good luck!
Tags
busybox, superuser