Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ASK]Answers to all your questions...!

Tip us?

bazarimajom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi! I'm new to the forums and need some help. I have stock I897UCKB1, sucessfully rooted and unlocked it. I would like to try out some ROMs, CM7 first. How should i start? I assume i have Eclair/Froyo bootloaders, right? I've installed ROM Manager Premium, clicked flash clockworkmod, and to reboot to recovery but it's only stock recovery. How should i proceed? Also i need some enlightment on bootloaders: if i flash the newest GB ATT bootloaders will every ROM work with it? Thanks in advance!

studacris
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4068

DONATE TO ME
Go to the general section, there is a thread called "sticky roll-up" in there is a link to a thread called "e: signature verification failed" that is the work around you need for cwm (or any zip) to flash
Or you can flash a froyo kernel that has cwm baked in with odin like speedmod...
I wouldn't mess with bootloaders st this point in your flashing experience that its the only time you risk a real hard brick do leave those alone until you know for sure what you're doing.
What's the best nation on Earth?
DONATION!

speedy_11
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I totally forgot about muse, so here's my on take of the guide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip self help guide v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (53.0 KB, 4 views)
[Captivate = CM10 Unofficial] [SGH-I747 = CM9]
PS: The search tool is your friend.

adicool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazarimajom View Post
Hi! I'm new to the forums and need some help. I have stock I897UCKB1, sucessfully rooted and unlocked it. I would like to try out some ROMs, CM7 first. How should i start? I assume i have Eclair/Froyo bootloaders, right? I've installed ROM Manager Premium, clicked flash clockworkmod, and to reboot to recovery but it's only stock recovery. How should i proceed? Also i need some enlightment on bootloaders: if i flash the newest GB ATT bootloaders will every ROM work with it? Thanks in advance!
I would advice you to first try flashing a few froyo based roms just to gain experience in flashing after that you can move over to GB
as told by my friends here there is a thread here that fixes that cwm problem .!

If you still need help or cant find it do post here and i would be more than happy to help...!whatever you do just dont mess with bootloaders atm as they can cause your device to be bricked...

I would say start off first by flashing cognition 4.5.3....!

adicool
Old
(Last edited by adicool; 17th August 2011 at 10:48 AM.) Reason: added attachment
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_11 View Post
A good starting point, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Thought here: The one package is good. I'm also thing that we can have each section posted package as a separate package too (along with the whole package). So those who only need one thing like rooting the can just download that section
Hmmm well that can be done !
i have college today i will get started with the html again once i come back....

lets finish this thing soon!

Edit:just finsihed the package for 2.2 only,have a look at the attachment,also its not complete yet but it had basic things...!
Attached Files
File Type: zip cappy helper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.3 KB, 23 views)

bazarimajom
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris View Post
Go to the general section, there is a thread called "sticky roll-up" in there is a link to a thread called "e: signature verification failed" that is the work around you need for cwm (or any zip) to flash
Or you can flash a froyo kernel that has cwm baked in with odin like speedmod...
I wouldn't mess with bootloaders st this point in your flashing experience that its the only time you risk a real hard brick do leave those alone until you know for sure what you're doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicool View Post
I would advice you to first try flashing a few froyo based roms just to gain experience in flashing after that you can move over to GB
as told by my friends here there is a thread here that fixes that cwm problem .!

If you still need help or cant find it do post here and i would be more than happy to help...!whatever you do just dont mess with bootloaders atm as they can cause your device to be bricked...

I would say start off first by flashing cognition 4.5.3....!
Thanks, i was able to get CWM to work with speedmod kernel, so i take your advice now and try out some froyo roms!

adicool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazarimajom View Post
Thanks, i was able to get CWM to work with speedmod kernel, so i take your advice now and try out some froyo roms!
Cool.....!

dont forget to follow the instructions before flashing...

speedy_11
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicool View Post
Edit:just finsihed the package for 2.2 only,have a look at the attachment,also its not complete yet but it had basic things...!
The information looks good, i saw that on the flash back to stock you didn't put hemdiall. Since linux and mac users cant use odin

Did you take a peak at my attempt with muse?

adicool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_11 View Post
The information looks good, i saw that on the flash back to stock you didn't put hemdiall. Since linux and mac users cant use odin

Did you take a peak at my attempt with muse?
oops i forgot that, i dont use mac so i missed it lol....!

yeah i saw your attempt it was decent enough mate,if you want to try more software try adobe dreamweaver it will help you develop web pages without html

speedy_11
Old
Thanks Meter 53
dreamweaver would be great but my current computer wouldn't be able to handle it and i dont have the money for it. muse is free until the final product is done that why im using it.

i pm'ed you but i dont know if it sent

Tags
cwm, flashing, froyo, how-to, rooting