[ASK]Answers to all your questions...!

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By adicool, Senior Member on 16th August 2011, 03:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th August 2011, 08:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi! I'm new to the forums and need some help. I have stock I897UCKB1, sucessfully rooted and unlocked it. I would like to try out some ROMs, CM7 first. How should i start? I assume i have Eclair/Froyo bootloaders, right? I've installed ROM Manager Premium, clicked flash clockworkmod, and to reboot to recovery but it's only stock recovery. How should i proceed? Also i need some enlightment on bootloaders: if i flash the newest GB ATT bootloaders will every ROM work with it? Thanks in advance!

16th August 2011, 10:43 PM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068

Donate to Me
More
Go to the general section, there is a thread called "sticky roll-up" in there is a link to a thread called "e: signature verification failed" that is the work around you need for cwm (or any zip) to flash
Or you can flash a froyo kernel that has cwm baked in with odin like speedmod...
I wouldn't mess with bootloaders st this point in your flashing experience that its the only time you risk a real hard brick do leave those alone until you know for sure what you're doing.
17th August 2011, 01:27 AM |#13  
Memphis
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I totally forgot about muse, so here's my on take of the guide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip self help guide v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (53.0 KB, 4 views)
17th August 2011, 03:24 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazarimajom

Hi! I'm new to the forums and need some help. I have stock I897UCKB1, sucessfully rooted and unlocked it. I would like to try out some ROMs, CM7 first. How should i start? I assume i have Eclair/Froyo bootloaders, right? I've installed ROM Manager Premium, clicked flash clockworkmod, and to reboot to recovery but it's only stock recovery. How should i proceed? Also i need some enlightment on bootloaders: if i flash the newest GB ATT bootloaders will every ROM work with it? Thanks in advance!

I would advice you to first try flashing a few froyo based roms just to gain experience in flashing after that you can move over to GB
as told by my friends here there is a thread here that fixes that cwm problem .!

If you still need help or cant find it do post here and i would be more than happy to help...!whatever you do just dont mess with bootloaders atm as they can cause your device to be bricked...

I would say start off first by flashing cognition 4.5.3....!
17th August 2011, 03:26 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_11

A good starting point, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Thought here: The one package is good. I'm also thing that we can have each section posted package as a separate package too (along with the whole package). So those who only need one thing like rooting the can just download that section

Hmmm well that can be done !
i have college today i will get started with the html again once i come back....

lets finish this thing soon!

Edit:just finsihed the package for 2.2 only,have a look at the attachment,also its not complete yet but it had basic things...!
Attached Files
File Type: zip cappy helper.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.3 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by adicool; 17th August 2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added attachment
17th August 2011, 08:06 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

Go to the general section, there is a thread called "sticky roll-up" in there is a link to a thread called "e: signature verification failed" that is the work around you need for cwm (or any zip) to flash
Or you can flash a froyo kernel that has cwm baked in with odin like speedmod...
I wouldn't mess with bootloaders st this point in your flashing experience that its the only time you risk a real hard brick do leave those alone until you know for sure what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicool

I would advice you to first try flashing a few froyo based roms just to gain experience in flashing after that you can move over to GB
as told by my friends here there is a thread here that fixes that cwm problem .!

If you still need help or cant find it do post here and i would be more than happy to help...!whatever you do just dont mess with bootloaders atm as they can cause your device to be bricked...

I would say start off first by flashing cognition 4.5.3....!

Thanks, i was able to get CWM to work with speedmod kernel, so i take your advice now and try out some froyo roms!
17th August 2011, 08:16 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazarimajom

Thanks, i was able to get CWM to work with speedmod kernel, so i take your advice now and try out some froyo roms!

Cool.....!

dont forget to follow the instructions before flashing...
17th August 2011, 04:53 PM |#18  
Memphis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicool

Edit:just finsihed the package for 2.2 only,have a look at the attachment,also its not complete yet but it had basic things...!

The information looks good, i saw that on the flash back to stock you didn't put hemdiall. Since linux and mac users cant use odin

Did you take a peak at my attempt with muse?
17th August 2011, 06:11 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The information looks good, i saw that on the flash back to stock you didn't put hemdiall. Since linux and mac users cant use odin

Did you take a peak at my attempt with muse?

oops i forgot that, i dont use mac so i missed it lol....!

yeah i saw your attempt it was decent enough mate,if you want to try more software try adobe dreamweaver it will help you develop web pages without html
17th August 2011, 07:14 PM |#20  
Memphis

More
dreamweaver would be great but my current computer wouldn't be able to handle it and i dont have the money for it. muse is free until the final product is done that why im using it.

i pm'ed you but i dont know if it sent
17th August 2011, 07:38 PM |#21  
Flag None
Thanks Meter: 776

More
Quote:

dreamweaver would be great but my current computer wouldn't be able to handle it and i dont have the money for it. muse is free until the final product is done that why im using it.

i pm'ed you but i dont know if it sent

You could also try Amaya or NVU. Both are free WYSIWYG editors, and relatively lightweight.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, flashing, froyo, how-to, rooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)