Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and 9b Update3

Tip us?

rbensch
Old
(Last edited by rbensch; 30th April 2012 at 08:48 AM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and 9b Update3

Ok,
here is our new release.

Well... Here we are at last! Whole new ROM, whole new thread

For a long time we have been working to build the best possible version of HoneyComb to the Advent Vega. It has been a LONG road, with many hacks and pitfalls along the way. We started with the messiest set of files anyone has ever seen, and we have now progressed to this. Full-fledged, GPU accelerated, NATIVE, Honeycomb 3.2 on the Advent Vega.

There's no going back now. I'm so happy with this ROM that I'm actually going a little crazy with affection. There are still some bugs... Rebooting to CWM causes a stale boot, you have to hold power to turn the tab off, then on next bot you get CWM. Still no camera, bluetooth isn't working. But other than that... Well, I'll let you guys see for yourself.

On the speaker issue, I feel I must put a quick note here... We BELIEVE that the "Overheating speaker" issue is now resolved. Audio levels are now well within the safe limits, and voltages are back at what should be a very safe level. But as always, please be VERY careful, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for any hardware failures resulting from using a custom ROM, but we are very confident that this issue should now be totally resolved.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features:
  • Update1+2 included
  • The clock and date issue should now been fixed for all
  • GPU RAM reduced to 96MB , more RAM for Apps
  • support for high Wifi channels like 12 + 13
  • new Honeycomb market
  • support for the soon coming GPS App included

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) :

Update 3 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip

Update 3 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update3.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update2 Features:
  • Fix for Bluetooth MAC addressing to hopefully make BT work correctly now.
  • Above fix should now also make WiFi considerably more stable.
  • Fix for people who were experiencing issues with the Market not being able to install apps.

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) Update 2 can be installed directly over 9n OR 9n-Update1 (it includes all of the Update 1 and Update 2 changes in a single package):

Update 2 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update2.zip

Update 2 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update2.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
  • Working Deep Standby
  • Updated camera lib
  • Re-added App Drivemount

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b Features:

•Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
•Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :P
•Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
•Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
•Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
•USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
•Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
•Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.
• Better language support then 9n, newer Gapps
• No apps are moved to data
• It have a bigger system partition then 9n, so when you have bad nand blocks, this could be work better for you
• When you use the Full Rom Installer you don´t need to flash ModdedstockV2 (Beware when you flash the new full rom it is like the ModdedStockV2 install, you loose all data)
• All future updates after this Full ROM will come as CWM update zip, so that your data are save

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Features:
Please be aware that although there was a "version 9" release on some German forums, this update was never integrated into the full build process, and was a side-project by rebel1 to acheive 2 goals. 1) To greatly increase the /system partition size (from 150mb to 200mb) and use that size to add larger apps that have increased language support for non-english speaking users. This build is unrelated to the previous "build 9" and as such has been labelled 9n (new, or newbe5, meaning that it has gone through the usual build and testing processes by myself), an alternate installer based on THIS build will also be provided by rebel1, including the expanded /system partition and enhanced language capability, this alternate build will be labelled 9b (bigger system, alternate build) and will be an nvflash installer rather than a CWM image.

•System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you have them.

•Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
•Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
•Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
•Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :P
•Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
•Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
•Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
•USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
•Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
•Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.

Current issues:
On rebooting to recovery, the tablet will "hang" on a stale boot. Hold down the power button until the screen goes completely off, and then power back on to get to CWM.
More? Probably! You tell us

SO many people have worked on this, and are now part of the team, but everyone who uses and loves VegaComb have the following Droid Soldiers to thank:
Ejtagle
Rebel1 / rbensch@xda
Corvus
HomerSp
Cass67
a_appleby
BillyBobJoe (Also BillyTheFish I believe?)
stiggy2001
Oh... I might have done some stuff too :P

Remember, this MUST be flashed over ModdedStock v2 or it will not work!

This is the one and only way to move to our image:
modstock -> data wipe -> vegacomb 3.2.
Dont ask for help if you dont follow this steps.

Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.zip NOW! This is for all users that comes from an previous build like 8.1 or ModdeStockV2

For users that comes from my Build9 they can download and flash it with CWM recovery Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b.zip HERE!

And the last file:
Download VegaComb HC3.2 9b Installer.zip HERE!
This is a windows installer for the 9b Full ROM, you don´t need to install ModdedStock before, it makes it all for you

We hope you enjoy VegaComb.

If you are feeling very generous and wish to donate to the people who put in a lot of hard work for this ROM, please:
DONATE TO TeamNewCo HERE!

newbe5 and the Team.

Have fun.
rebel1
-----------------------------------------------------
Follow me on twitter @ReneBensch
You like my work? You can buy me a Red B... . Thanks to all Donators!
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM
POV Mobii Tegra2 3G on 2.6.36
Motorola Razr |now used by my wife
My IRC LOG of #milestone-modding
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to rbensch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redman8x8
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Great job guys!
I can hardly wait to test this one out!

TheNorth
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Very very speed rom..
Thanks

albertdb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This week, I'm going to receive my Advent Vega. I believe this is the best Honeycomb ROM available (better than Vegacomb 1.7), is it correct?

Thanks!!

todd69
Old
Thanks Meter 4
wow, loving this as it really does fly, very impressed.
HTC Sensation

Lexar 32GB Micro SDHC
Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery
Case-Mate Barely There Case

ROM - Everchanging

deanster147
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've just installed it. It really does fly. Just installing my apps now. Will let you know if I come across any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Old
Thanks Meter 6
SHWIINNGGGG!!!
Thank you gtablet gods!!!!

Old
Thanks Meter 6
I must say i just installed it and its fast!!!
Faster then my gtablet on gtabletcomb 3.3.

OK so you vega gurus. whats the difference between advent vega/viewsonic viewpad 10s and the gtablet.

why can the roms be ingterchanable and whats the difference.

thanks for the roms guys, Now I dont have a reason to sell it.

Old
(Last edited by 4.3; 17th August 2011 at 06:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
youtube restarts itself when you rotate the screen.

Apps from market forcloses...

was using opera for a bit with some flash content, went to the home screen and went back to opera and the tablet resetted itself.

Old
Thanks Meter 6
what do you mean by "Native App2SD has been added back in (is not present on 3.2 ROMS as standard)."

Does that mean we dont have to get the app2sd app?

I looked for the app2sd in the settings and is unable to find it.

can you please explain..??

Tags
advent vega, honeycomb, vegacomb, viewpad 10s