5,594,221 Members 44,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Tip us?

lithid-cm
Old
(Last edited by lithid-cm; 17th August 2011 at 09:24 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2955
Talking [ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Quote:
Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

Quote:
: Disclaimer :
We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.

Quote:
Choosy moms choose JIF, the others JFIO
Twitter | Google Plus | Scripts | Github | AOSCompiler

The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to lithid-cm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lithid-cm
Old
Thanks Meter 2955
Grabbing this one

Quote:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lithid-cm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zedomax
Old
Thanks Meter 2454

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up YES 2.3.5!

I've been looking for another 2.3.5 ROM, THANKS! Have you tested any overclocking kernels with this yet?

barnacles10
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1334

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax View Post
I've been looking for another 2.3.5 ROM, THANKS! Have you tested any overclocking kernels with this yet?
Its aosp. They all work.
Github
mdpi t(o.0t) [ Galaxy S4 | Google Nexus LTE | Nexus 7 ]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barnacles10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brainze
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Downloading now.

I achieved a Quadrant score of 1460 with the last build. I'll report back after flash and restore.
I'm not weird, i'm an "Aspie" ...

tommytomatoe
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6792

DONATE TO ME
Great job man. I'm just curious. Did you odex post-build or did you compile Rom with an odex option? Ive been playing with Rom building for some time now and have only messed with sense. I managed to build a stock aosp Rom the other day but would like to learn more about aosp building. Feel free to pm because I feel this post is off-topic. Thanks man. :)

Now that I have root again I might have to give this a go (would be first aosp Rom).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

vrajpal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
will there be any updates to the kernal? I'm not sure if HTC releasing source code changes anything...
Also does this rom still have the problem with the sensors that plagued the cm and deck roms?

Brainze
Old
(Last edited by Brainze; 17th August 2011 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Hmmm... No Go. After several attempts installing the fedex version; I restored V1.3. I was never able to boot past the htc EVO 4G screen.
I'm not weird, i'm an "Aspie" ...

lithid-cm
Old
Thanks Meter 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrainard View Post
Hmmm... No Go. After several attempts; I restored V1.3. I was never able to boot past the htc EVO 4G screen.
Well, what did you do? Because I highly doubt there is an issue giving the fact I have been compiling and flashing 10+ times since last night. Mind walking me through with that you did?

Quote:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lithid-cm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nYdGeo
Old
(Last edited by nYdGeo; 17th August 2011 at 09:36 PM.) Reason: Add PS
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrajpal View Post
will there be any updates to the kernal? I'm not sure if HTC releasing source code changes anything...
Also does this rom still have the problem with the sensors that plagued the cm and deck roms?
Being an AOSP ROM, these do not rely on the HTC kernel code release. There are any of several fine kernels to choose from, so its virtually always possible to find one that your phone likes.

Regarding the 'problem with the sensors', can you elaborate on that? I've used a couple versions of the Evo-deck ROM and have yet to experience any issue.

I look forward to trying this ROM! For some reason, I couldn't get the 1.3 to run on my phone, but that could have been a bad download or similar issue. I was just too busy at that time. But I read so much good about the SalvageMod...I gotta give it a go!

Thank you for your time.

P.S: Thank you for offering the community both odex and deodex versions! I love themes, but the odex ROMs run way quicker on my phone.
HTC Evo 4G LTE (hdwr ver. 003)

Sense 5, Android 4.3 update - 4.13.651.1

Competition: its what's good for you!