[ROM][Port][Updated: 20-Aug-2011]GB MIUI for Milestone2 All-in-one update.zip
THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED. DO NOT USE. LOOK FOR OTHER MIUI ROMS AVAILABLE ON DEVELOPMENT FORUM.
As usual I won't hold any responsibility to any damages it may cause to your phone.
Thanks to Endless7 for research on this subject. Great work!
Thanks to dangpzanco and walter79 for support and ideas.
This is a simplified method of installing MIUI into Milestone2 devices. This ROM is based on Defy's WajkIUI 1.8.12 - MULTiLanguage
. It's still a experimental port so not everything is working fine. With this package you DON'T
need to flash any SBF into your phone.
- Froyo or GB rooted phone.
- CWM Recovery 3.0+. You can get it here
- Download update.zip
to your sdcard.
- Boot into CWM Recovery
- Apply update.zip
- Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache/battery stats
- Update-scrip now backs up Swype during installation. If you are just updating your MIUI version you may not get Swype. In this case you must manually copy /system/app/Swype.apk and /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so. I won't include these files in my package as they're copyrighted and I don't have permission to distribute them.
4. CWM Recovery
5. Device Keyboard
6. Keyboard Backlight
7. CPU Frequencies in Bootmenu
8. USB mounting
1. Virtual keyboard half size (but now we have Swype)
2. ALT LOCK key from keyboard ( you can double press ALT instead of ALT LOCK )
3. Media HW play, only support .MP4 hardware decoding
4. Buggy message about moving data to sdcard in every boot.
FOR THE ONES HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GSM RADIO:
1. Search for Milestone2 baseband switcher app. If it doesn't work try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1182050
- Fixed MIUI Torch/Light sensor/Backlight bugs from 19-08-2011 update.
- Fixed camera screen upside down
- Fixed USB mounting
- Added Swype Backup&Restore during installation
- Fixed CPU Frequencies on Bootmenu
- Fixed keyboard backlight and light sensor
- New bootanimation
Please, report any problems you found so I and the other may try to fix it.