Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Minecraft Pocket & Sixaxis Controller

OP samuraixzodus

19th August 2011, 10:34 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

211 posts
More
This is just too funny my kids are into Minecraft. I better not let on that it can be played on my phone I would lose it. LOL!
20th August 2011, 10:24 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 18

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokedUp

I must have the only one it doesn't work on

Unfortunately, Sense framework's Bluetooth driver doesn't support connecting Human Interface Devices (HID) like a controller or keyboard.
You'll need to run an AOSP based rom, as they have a different Bluetooth stack that does support HID connections.

Also, another fun fact: TV-out only works on Sense based roms, so if you're like me and dream of playing emulator games on you DINC with a wiimote and watching the video on the TV, that'll have to stay a dream.
4th May 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #13  
Flag NW Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Ignore me. I just realized that even though I selected "Search within Incredible 2" I still wound up in the Incredible 1 page. Sorry about that.
Last edited by omgyeti; 4th May 2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Realized I wasn't paying attention to where my search sent me, and apparently you can't delete posts. :-/
19th July 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #14  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 16

113 posts
More
I have the paid version of Minecraft PE, got it when Google had the $0.10 app sale last fall. I am running CM7 and can use my six axis controller with SNES and NES emulators. I am having no luck with Minecraft PE though. How do you get the controller to work with Minecraft PE?

Edit: I downloaded the demo in the OP and the six axis functions in the game. However, L3 and R3 both run. I can only run and jump. Am I missing something here?

What I need:
  • Edit Button Mappings
  • Work with paid verision
Last edited by JMooney5115; 19th July 2012 at 05:13 PM.
20th July 2012, 07:37 AM   |  #15  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516

2,203 posts
More
So.. what happens when this is turned off? Do I have to pair again with the computer?

I don't normally have a computer to get a hold of so I'm curious what would happen if I synced it to my ps3 after using it on my phone, could I just keep the address and sync it back?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
20th July 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #16  
Flag Birmingham

113 posts
More
So long as it's not paired with any other device again (PS3 or computer) it will still work with your phone. It would be great if I could pair the remote with the phone over USB.

-Mooney

I found the touch profiles and created one for Minecraft PE. I have the analog_left walking and cross controls the block placement/removal. I cannot get analog_right to work correctly. When trying to turn it only turns as far as a touch from the center of the screen to the right/left of the screen.

The app is listening for a touch and the analog_rght provides a touch for that amount of screen space and when the analog_right goes back to center, the guy goes back looking forward too. As if a finger was moved from center -> side of screen -> center. That's my theory.
Last edited by JMooney5115; 20th July 2012 at 04:08 PM.
21st July 2012, 02:03 AM   |  #17  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516

2,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMooney5115

So long as it's not paired with any other device again (PS3 or computer) it will still work with your phone. It would be great if I could pair the remote with the phone over USB.

-Mooney

I found the touch profiles and created one for Minecraft PE. I have the analog_left walking and cross controls the block placement/removal. I cannot get analog_right to work correctly. When trying to turn it only turns as far as a touch from the center of the screen to the right/left of the screen.

The app is listening for a touch and the analog_rght provides a touch for that amount of screen space and when the analog_right goes back to center, the guy goes back looking forward too. As if a finger was moved from center -> side of screen -> center. That's my theory.

I actually got this work.. although its still buggy..
I don't think this will work for this game. It requires a lot of pressing the controller don't have. In general it works perfect. But the GUI and crafting and closing are the problem makers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #18  
Flag Birmingham

113 posts
More
I will be able to play it. I emailed the dev of the six axis app and he told me how to fix my analog_right problem. All you do is set the button to relative touch. To do this select analog_right Menu -> Button Properties -> Relative Touch. Now it works. I set the sensitivity to about 75-80%.

-Mooney
2nd January 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraixzodus

[CENTER]I have just started using Free Minecraft Pocket Demo with my sixaxis controller. You need to use a controller because the game requires physical buttons as its made for the sony experia. Works pretty well there are a few bugs but nothing major.
Here are the links if interested.

I came very close to getting this figured out. I had the left controls set with the D-pad because if you set it with the analog you would hop around randomly. I set the minecraft options to Split controls, then set an area on the right to the right analog...this is where I came into my trouble, I will inform later on. I set my brick inventory to circle and jump to X. Then I set in the middle of the screen R1 to break and place blocks. Everything was find except for the right analog. It would sense a touch, making it place and break blocks when using the right analog, plus it would reach all the way over to the left controls and just freak out. So if you came up with a solution to this problem please let me know what you found out. Thanks.
3rd May 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 106

80 posts
I'm sorry to bump this, but is anyone still interested? I've mapped my left analog for the movement( I just changed some button properties) and right analog for view(and building blacks and stuff). Its not complete, but you can play with your controller. My only hindrance is mapping to your block selection. I've mapped triangle as the inventory, but you have to use the touch screen from there. If anyone's interested, send me a PM and I'll send you my mappings.

Chao.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread