Okay, I'm tired of seeing people not be able to get on the GB ext4 bandwagon where apps don't disappear. This guide is for you if you want a smooth, surefire way to get on GB.
* The KC1 and KJ6 files contain bootloaders for the SGH-T959V. By downloading and flashing the files you agree that you will not hold me or anyone in Team Acid responsible if your device gets bricked. There are always risks when flashing custom firmware and ROMs onto your phone.
* As always, make a full backup of your SD card and phone.
* CWM + drhonk's custom KJ1 kernel preinstalled.
* Gets rid of the disappearing apps problem
* Gets rid of the missing SD card once you're booted into GB
* Gets rid of your bootloops
* Get a working GB ROM with ext4 support (includes Official KJ6 with drhonk's custom KJ1 + cwm kernel)
* All the files you need are included in this post
* Wipes out all the gremlins you had on your phone by putting the KC1 bootloaders, then the KJ6 bootloaders on your phone.
1) Download all the files from the links on this post, and extract both .7z files and Odin v1.85 using 7-zip or a compatible program
2) Leave the phone's back cover off since you're gonna have to do a few battery pulls and you need access to the sd card
3) Format your sd card by hooking it up to your computer with an sd adapter or through mass storage mode using your phone and a USB cable. FORMATTING ERASES EVERYTHING ON YOUR SD CARD. MAKE SURE YOU BACK IT UP ONTO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU DO THIS.
Follow this guide to format your sd card on Windows (this is on XP but the same steps can be taken on Vista or 7).
This guide is meant for using your sd card on a Wii, but the process is the same to get it working on the phone. WATCH THE VIDEO ALL THE WAY TROUGH BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY OF THIS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5fxOKdmmv8
Click on the link above if you wanna watch fullscreen, or you can watch here it here:
1) After formatting the SD card with the steps above, put your favorite GB ROM, and install_busybox.zip onto the SD card
- 1a) You can restore any backup of your SD card you made at this point. Make sure you have at least 2GB free on the card though!
2) Put your phone into download mode
3) Open Odin on your computer
4) Load up Odin, and load the KC1 files, DON'T TOUCH ANY OTHER OPTIONS, leave them like they are even if Odin changes them!
- 4a) PIT: Sgs4g.pit
- 4b) PDA: pda.tar.md5
5) Flash and let the phone reboot. Once you see the T-Mo startup screen (the pink one), OR the CWM (red text) screen do a battery pull.
6) Put your phone back into download mode
7) Click reset in Odin, now load up the KJ6 files
- 7a) PDA: pda.tar.md5
- 7b) CSC: csc.tar.md5
8) Flash the files and let the phone reboot.
- 8a) The phone will go into standard recovery (blue and yellow letters, you might hear Linda) and then reboot itself once.
- 8b) The 2nd time you will see either the CWM red letter screen or the Galaxy S 4G white letters/pink splash screen and if you prefer you can let the phone boot all the way, do a battery pull.
9) Now unplug the USB cable, put the battery back in, hold vol + and -, then press power. You should boot into CWM (red letters, voodoo).
10) Go into the voodoo menu > enable lagfix and /system lagfix on
11) Flash the GB rom you put on your sd card
12) Flash the busybox_installer.zip
13) Reboot and hear Linda give her speech.
14) Welcome to GB with ext4!
For helping me expand my knowledge:
raverx3x for the CSC flashing trick that fixes the missing apps problems and for the KC1 and KJ6 builds
dsexton702 for his countless guides which help me build mine.
The helpful members of this community
Originally Posted by Lawful123
It was all a blur. I followed your steps and all I remember was some cable and talking to the ruler of Asgard then their was a crazy battery pull then back to Asgard and then i had a one way conversation with some fembot named linda and it all ended with me having gingerbread.
Thanks for the help.
Nov 24, 2011
Updated the guide and files for the official KJ6 GB release. Now you get Raver's KJ6 ROM plus drhonk's KJ1 kernel + voodoo.
Sep 27, 2011
Changed the formatting and added a youtube video link on how to format your sd card from your computer instead of CWM.
Your going to get a few questions for the people who were on the leaked first version of GB with the jacked bootloaders - So I was thinking you might want to add How to get back to a proper Froyo version like KD1 in your post.... .Kc1 for some reason didnt work for me - and I somewhat know what Im doing...lol....Im just saying tho.... happened to me...
The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?