[DEV] [GSM] [port]MIUI.us Official MIUI.us weekly builds Update 09/09/2011

Search This thread

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Read this entire post please!

Build info
Warning if this causes any issues with your tab in any way I am in no way responsible. You chose to download and install it.. Read before you try
We are now officially an MIUI.us weekly build, please use the link to get the download direct from the miui.ui servers. The sites a good place to look for general MIUI.us support as well as that's all they do there.

Thanks
Thanks to Technomancer first! Without your CM7 kernel this would not have been possible, as well thanks to technomancer for the advice on fixing the rotation.
Thanks to the original team of HTC Touch Android Devs :) You guys know who you are..

Additional Notes
- in the Launcher settings set high res icons on, it looks way better
- you're going to want to be careful with some of the lockscreens you pick, some of the ones that slide to the sides don't work properly.. If it won't unlock adb in and delete that lockscreen from /data/system/theme
- If you have to wipe, make sure to install the zip again, it needs to place a file on the data partition to work properly.
- You'll probably want a better keyboard, use thumb keyboard, perfect key board or something more tab suited.

1.9.2 Build notes
When you first boot the build, either from an update or fresh install, the google partner setup will appear. Please skip the wifi connection setup and google account setup as they are not working properly in this build (will be fixed next build). Then when back into the system simply re-open gmail and add your account again.

Call for themers!
Want to make MIUI on the tab better? Edit or make new themes that match our screen size, that way lockscreens will work properly all the time, the dialer can look better etc.
Ivanoe has already posted a great port of a lockscreen here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16984789#post16984789 Thanks!
xavierjohn22 has also created a thread for some of the themes/lockscreens that he has ported to this screen size as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1249352

Multilanguage packs
MultiLanguage Packs can be found here: http://htcfanboys.com/download/xavierjohn22/?action=browse&folder=180
Thanks to XavierJohn22 for doing this.
Please only download the matching version to the version of MIUI you are running.

Additions

For those who don't like 7x7 for the launcher, here's 6x5 flashable zip by XaviorJohn22 (I'm so thankful that people are getting involved in this THANKS!) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17422721&postcount=501
You must clear your launcher data BEFORE applying this update.zip

To install and boot
Ensure you are already on an ext4 system, (overcome/cm7/previous version) Install the zip. Wipe if you're on anything but a previous miui build
Downloads
http://romsmaster.miui.us/
If it's not yet showing, then it's still sycing. Just give it 10 minutes or so and it will be there.

Not working
Video Recording,
Wifi Hotspot
Generally anything not working in CM7

Support
While I check xda frequently the place I check the most regarding this particular build is the miui.us forums so if I don't seem to reply here post there.

Updates
09/09/2011 12:49pm PSt: Updated to MIUI 1.9.9 Please see the general MIUI changelog here: http://miui.us/forums/content.php?115-MIUI-1.9.9-Full-Changelog . Tab specifically this update adds Landscape support to the launcher which no other MIUI build has!!! It also changes the grid to 7x7. Everything looks pretty good, the delete bar had to be shrunk up but it's still there. Some of the widgets may overlap a bit when rotating.. I'll keep working on these small things, but let's focus on how exciting it is that we got miui landscape launcher support before anyone!!
02/09/2011 8:59am PSt: Updated to MIUI base 1.9.20 Please see the general changelog here: http://miui.us/forums/content.php?110-MIUI-1.9.2-Preview-Changelog .Tab specifically LPM mode is now fixed.
28/08/2011 3:49pm pst: We are now fully integrated with the miui.us team. These are a great group of guys, and one of the founders is a long time friend of mine. Look forward to weekly general MIUI updates as well as tab specific fixes as I get them done.
26/08/2011 8:20am pst: I'm working with the MIUI.us team on migrating this build completely to them. More info to come. A new update is also completed which will be posted soon. Why you ask? I'm really more of a 'make it work' kind of guy, I'm not much for maintaining :)
25/08/2011 2:01pm pst: New version uploading. Based on the MIUI.us official release.
25/08/2011 1:44pm pst: As the galnet team will be removing their work from XDA I'm going to be moving to a new source. In respect for Galnets work I've temporarily pulled the build and will have a new build, from a new base, up this afternoon.
22/08/2011 11:16am pst:
Update List
updated to chameleon Beta
updated recovery to use internal sd card
updated vold to use internal as sdcard (the samsung way) and external as /mnt/emmc
updated Launcher2 to fit
updated build.prop
added CMCamera apk, both Camera apps are there
updated zImage (initramfs changes only), if you are on an ext4 setup already (ie overcome/cm7) you don't need to install cm7 first
22/08/2011 8:38am pst - Chameleon beta is coming along really well, there are many updates that I've done to the system. I'm just waiting on some more info from the Galnet team so I'll hopefully have it posted later today or tomorrow.
21/08/2011 5:47pm pst - Whoops.. sorry guys. uploaded correctly fixed Launcher2.apk now.
21/08/2011 5:13pm pst - Started work on the new version, Chameleon based on the Galnet public Beta for it. Look for an update in the next day or so.
19/08/2011 11:46am pst - Just fixed launcher alignement, it will be in the next version, for anyone who wants to do it themselves use apktool and the miui framework-res.apk to decompile the Launcher2.apk. Then edit res/values/dimensions and change the widths from 80 to 100. Recompile and push
21/08/2011 9:27am pst- Launcher2 fixed and attached, us root explorer or adb to replace the one in /system/app
19/08/2011 9:11am pst - CM7 Camera added to OP. It's faster and a works better
18/08/2011 5:45pm pst - Ok, think I've finally gotten the theme engine fixed
18/08/2011 4:47pm pst - sorry for the delay guys, I found a couple things to fix to do with the theme engine.. fixing now
18/08/2011 3:48pm pst - everything is fixed. New build being posted soon.. ps.. this update posted from miui on the tab..
18/08/2011 3:12pm pst - ok everything is working again and I've confirmed GPS works. I'm just stuck now with this rotation issue. I've removed the link for the alpha as I'll be releasing something much more complete right away
18/08/2011 2:06 pm pst - So I broken audio while fixing wifi.. Just fixing that now.
18/08/2011 1:30pm PST -Woot!! fixed wifi
18/08/2011- Still stuck on the stupid wifi.. the modules not loading for whatever reason..
18/08/2011- tired of fighting with the wifi.. releasing a public alpha test build to see if we can all get it by working together..

Thanks to FC1032 for the pics.

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_7.png

screenshot_4.png

Last edited:

ChrisSBG

Nov 13, 2010
Salzburg
This is going to be VERY interesting, loved MIUI on my I9000, but couldn't deal with the battery drain and went back to Darkys for a daily driver rom. But this could be a totally different beast on the Galaxy tab!!!

Can't wait to try it :)

ani55

May 15, 2011
Far, far away...
I heard about miui and saw the beauty of it, but is the elegance all that draws people towards it or are there other astonishing features?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

bassjam

Mar 4, 2008
Nantes
I'm ready to test miui with my gtab only when the wifi work

Already with CM7 and I look forward to try !!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

oldmacnut

Jul 12, 2010
Ill toss a few things into your build, see if I cant patch your wifi.

Im also gonna toss the build up on The AndroidDoors server so you have a stable, quick link to distribute for your build, get with me tonight, ill get you an FTP account so you dont have to use megaupload anymore.

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Rocking. Thanks.

It is worth noting that I am no way "protective" over anything I release on XDA. Anyone is free it take what I've done, add to it, make it better and release it whenever and whereever you like. All I ask is you mention me in your thanks :) We are a community.

Reactions: MrZeroo00

zagitariuz

Oct 30, 2006
BSB
WeeeEEeee

omg, I was actually downloading i9000 miui rom and cm7 rom few minutes ago, planning on test booting. Then again, ill just be a tester. Thank you mssmison for porting miui. Rocking Indeed.

lennart_1337

Jul 7, 2008
Waiting with anticipation for this rom to come out of alpha en beta status before i try it
I think i'am gonna F5 this toppic the next weeks a lot ;)

Edit: sorry for this useless post, but i'am so exited to hear of MIUI on the tab

Last edited:

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Nice work! When more is working im sure mark from miuiandroid would feature this as a port on his site hosting the rom ect :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
Dynamite work, man! You got this thing up and running before I could even blink :p

Well done.

I may test this one out some time soon, once I get my week off work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read this entire post please!

Build info
    Warning if this causes any issues with your tab in any way I am in no way responsible. You chose to download and install it.. Read before you try
    We are now officially an MIUI.us weekly build, please use the link to get the download direct from the miui.ui servers. The sites a good place to look for general MIUI.us support as well as that's all they do there.

Thanks
    Thanks to Technomancer first! Without your CM7 kernel this would not have been possible, as well thanks to technomancer for the advice on fixing the rotation.
    Thanks to the original team of HTC Touch Android Devs :) You guys know who you are..

Additional Notes
    - in the Launcher settings set high res icons on, it looks way better
    - you're going to want to be careful with some of the lockscreens you pick, some of the ones that slide to the sides don't work properly.. If it won't unlock adb in and delete that lockscreen from /data/system/theme
    - If you have to wipe, make sure to install the zip again, it needs to place a file on the data partition to work properly.
    - You'll probably want a better keyboard, use thumb keyboard, perfect key board or something more tab suited.

1.9.2 Build notes
    When you first boot the build, either from an update or fresh install, the google partner setup will appear. Please skip the wifi connection setup and google account setup as they are not working properly in this build (will be fixed next build). Then when back into the system simply re-open gmail and add your account again.

Call for themers!
    Want to make MIUI on the tab better? Edit or make new themes that match our screen size, that way lockscreens will work properly all the time, the dialer can look better etc.
    Ivanoe has already posted a great port of a lockscreen here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16984789#post16984789 Thanks!
    xavierjohn22 has also created a thread for some of the themes/lockscreens that he has ported to this screen size as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1249352

Multilanguage packs
    MultiLanguage Packs can be found here: http://htcfanboys.com/download/xavierjohn22/?action=browse&folder=180
    Thanks to XavierJohn22 for doing this.
    Please only download the matching version to the version of MIUI you are running.

Additions

For those who don't like 7x7 for the launcher, here's 6x5 flashable zip by XaviorJohn22 (I'm so thankful that people are getting involved in this THANKS!) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17422721&postcount=501
    You must clear your launcher data BEFORE applying this update.zip

To install and boot
    Ensure you are already on an ext4 system, (overcome/cm7/previous version) Install the zip. Wipe if you're on anything but a previous miui build
    Downloads
    http://romsmaster.miui.us/
    If it's not yet showing, then it's still sycing. Just give it 10 minutes or so and it will be there.

Not working
    Video Recording,
    Wifi Hotspot
    Generally anything not working in CM7

Support
    While I check xda frequently the place I check the most regarding this particular build is the miui.us forums so if I don't seem to reply here post there.

Updates
    09/09/2011 12:49pm PSt: Updated to MIUI 1.9.9 Please see the general MIUI changelog here: http://miui.us/forums/content.php?115-MIUI-1.9.9-Full-Changelog . Tab specifically this update adds Landscape support to the launcher which no other MIUI build has!!! It also changes the grid to 7x7. Everything looks pretty good, the delete bar had to be shrunk up but it's still there. Some of the widgets may overlap a bit when rotating.. I'll keep working on these small things, but let's focus on how exciting it is that we got miui landscape launcher support before anyone!!
    02/09/2011 8:59am PSt: Updated to MIUI base 1.9.20 Please see the general changelog here: http://miui.us/forums/content.php?110-MIUI-1.9.2-Preview-Changelog .Tab specifically LPM mode is now fixed.
    28/08/2011 3:49pm pst: We are now fully integrated with the miui.us team. These are a great group of guys, and one of the founders is a long time friend of mine. Look forward to weekly general MIUI updates as well as tab specific fixes as I get them done.
    26/08/2011 8:20am pst: I'm working with the MIUI.us team on migrating this build completely to them. More info to come. A new update is also completed which will be posted soon. Why you ask? I'm really more of a 'make it work' kind of guy, I'm not much for maintaining :)
    25/08/2011 2:01pm pst: New version uploading. Based on the MIUI.us official release.
    25/08/2011 1:44pm pst: As the galnet team will be removing their work from XDA I'm going to be moving to a new source. In respect for Galnets work I've temporarily pulled the build and will have a new build, from a new base, up this afternoon.
    22/08/2011 11:16am pst:
    Update List
    updated to chameleon Beta
    updated recovery to use internal sd card
    updated vold to use internal as sdcard (the samsung way) and external as /mnt/emmc
    updated Launcher2 to fit
    updated build.prop
    added CMCamera apk, both Camera apps are there
    updated zImage (initramfs changes only), if you are on an ext4 setup already (ie overcome/cm7) you don't need to install cm7 first
    22/08/2011 8:38am pst - Chameleon beta is coming along really well, there are many updates that I've done to the system. I'm just waiting on some more info from the Galnet team so I'll hopefully have it posted later today or tomorrow.
    21/08/2011 5:47pm pst - Whoops.. sorry guys. uploaded correctly fixed Launcher2.apk now.
    21/08/2011 5:13pm pst - Started work on the new version, Chameleon based on the Galnet public Beta for it. Look for an update in the next day or so.
    19/08/2011 11:46am pst - Just fixed launcher alignement, it will be in the next version, for anyone who wants to do it themselves use apktool and the miui framework-res.apk to decompile the Launcher2.apk. Then edit res/values/dimensions and change the widths from 80 to 100. Recompile and push
    21/08/2011 9:27am pst- Launcher2 fixed and attached, us root explorer or adb to replace the one in /system/app
    19/08/2011 9:11am pst - CM7 Camera added to OP. It's faster and a works better
    18/08/2011 5:45pm pst - Ok, think I've finally gotten the theme engine fixed
    18/08/2011 4:47pm pst - sorry for the delay guys, I found a couple things to fix to do with the theme engine.. fixing now
    18/08/2011 3:48pm pst - everything is fixed. New build being posted soon.. ps.. this update posted from miui on the tab..
    18/08/2011 3:12pm pst - ok everything is working again and I've confirmed GPS works. I'm just stuck now with this rotation issue. I've removed the link for the alpha as I'll be releasing something much more complete right away
    18/08/2011 2:06 pm pst - So I broken audio while fixing wifi.. Just fixing that now.
    18/08/2011 1:30pm PST -Woot!! fixed wifi
    18/08/2011- Still stuck on the stupid wifi.. the modules not loading for whatever reason..
    18/08/2011- tired of fighting with the wifi.. releasing a public alpha test build to see if we can all get it by working together..

Thanks to FC1032 for the pics.

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_7.png

screenshot_4.png
    MIUI MULTI LANG UPDATE + THEMES

This is just a quick post............ i will edit next time for details

INTRO:
    I'll be updating here and just support this thread for now.
    Until it make sense to create one.
    That will lessen miui in this development section.
    All credits for rom to mssmison and his allegiance.
    I just extract what i have here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957291
    Then recompile the APKs

TO DO NEXT TIME:
    Leave the build.prop intact as well as the
    Leave the miui.us bootanimation
    My apologies for i did not have time, i just let wife upload it
    I will make use of the EN strings from miui.us, reason it replaces the default one is because of my automation
    I will have to write something up for the SGT to separate building multi lang pack with my Desire and my wife's HD2, lol

NOTES:
    This is not a fix for the UI bugs and other bugs, ROM is beta, see the OP
    If i have time i will help out with making the UI match the resolution and adjusting on some of the framework
    For now i will just use mssmison framework so everyting will be matching this version
    I will update this everytime he updates
    Updater script has delete for FM.apk and Torch.apk which does not make sense and wont do any harm
    It's just for me since my auto script uses the template from my desire, he he

HOW TO:
    JUST FLASH IN RECOVERY, NO WIPE

P.S:

MULTI LANG SUPPORTED LANGUAGES:

- CHINESE
    - GERMAN
    - ENGLISH = 100%
    - SPANISH
    - FRENCH
    - ITALIAN
    - HEBREW
    - RUSSIAN
    - HUNGARIAN
    - DUTCH
    - PORTUGESE
    - DANISH
    - TURKISH
    - POLISH
    - KOREAN
    - VIETNAMESE
    - SLOVENIAN
    Others to be added..........

LATEST UPDATE WILL BE HERE:
    http://htcfanboys.com/download/xavierjohn22/?action=browse&folder=180

LOCK SCREEN SET FOR SGT
    MAVRO
    PORAKALI
    GALAZIO
    PRASINO
    KOKKINO

http://htcfanboys.com/download/xavierjohn22/?action=browse&folder=183

new version posted. Check the op
    Congratulations on this port effort.

If you'd like a home at MIUIAndroid.com give me a shout! markh@miuiandroid.com

Love to host your port over on our web site for other users.

Cheers,

Mark
    Hey guys! :)
    I see you've seen some of the MIUI.us stuff start to appear on their site. I've been working with them most of yesterday on encorporating the tab version in to their buildbot, so we'll have weekly updates! Yes I noticed the ui print stuff left over from when I had it say galnet. It was a very quick and dirty port (hense some of the non english stuff leftover) to move it away from the galnet source. They shouldn't be updating their tab version as I've asked them to please remove my work from their servers.
    The new version should be out very soon, with some fixes to some common issues that people have reported. I'm running the test of it right now and it's really fantastic. Look for a new official MIUI.us thread soon!