Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Unlock Is now working

Tip us?

mwalt2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer88 View Post
You have some balls to use their method to unlock if that's your only EVO 3D lol
Why? HTC makes the phone and software for it. Their methods are better than finding hacks and holes in the software to push the things needed for s-off, etc.

bwcorvus
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 351

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You have some balls to use their method to unlock if that's your only EVO 3D lol
I don't see why people are so scared to use the method. Yes you loose your warranty, but honestly how many people have used warranty to fix a phone? I personally have NEVER, but have used insurance 3 times over the last 10 years.
Done

nao2003
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i use htc unlock but cant get the recovery load just reboots...tried both custom recoverys

DeMiNe0
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nao2003 View Post
i use htc unlock but cant get the recovery load just reboots...tried both custom recoverys
^ Thats why i don't use the HTC Unlock.

S-ON will always be on using HTC's method. I believe it's to keep you from flashing the radio. If I'm correct the only extra thing you can actually flash with htc's unlocker is the system, data and boot partition. Or certain recovery's authorized by HTC can be flashed.
Carrier: AT&T | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I wonder if you can run the fastboot command "setsecureflag" if that will change the S-ON to S-OFF.
Hmm ill try when I get home. It's not my phone. It's my friends. Hehe mine has been s-off since the day it was released.

Ok so can't flash splash screens. I tried flashing it via fastboot and the zip. When i try in fastboot I get a bootloader signiture error. When i try the zip it starts to parse it but then boots me out. Engine hboot zip did the same thing. While its partially unlocked I think they still locked down some things. Fastboot erase recovery errors out saying not allowed.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

umbra6
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Why? HTC makes the phone and software for it. Their methods are better than finding hacks and holes in the software to push the things needed for s-off, etc.
This is also what differentiates a tester and a follower...trying it out for yourself .

Edit...quoted the wrong part...should have quoted the having balls part...

.TeeJay.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have used my warranty Prolly 10 times in the last 3 years. Good luck with your EVO and if it screws up your screwed

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

uh60james
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Really? 10 times in 3 years. This is why HTC is reserving the right to void your warranty. Phones will be offered as is before long if others are destroying them as fast as you.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uh60james For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Can someone show me the quoted text from HTC's site that says if you unlock using their method that your warranty is void. Or is everyone just assuming this because they want your serial number to unlock.

kthejoker20
Old
Thanks Meter 143
LMAO

Your warranties are now invalid

Should have used revolution, and keep your warranties intact.
Check out my Nexus 4 tool, Image Extractor and Image backup/restore to PC CLICK HERE