[How To] Set Up an FTP Between Your Computer and Thrive (Using Open Source Software)
This is a how to. Is it allowed to be posted under here?
ORIGINALLY POSTED FROM HERE:
[How To] Set Up an FTP Server Between a Computer and an Android Device with Open Source Software
Have you ever had to connect to your computer to get some PDF while your at the office?
Fear no more: FTP is here! FTP is basically connecting a super long USB cord to your computer and transferring files!
Here we go!
- A Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Mac OS X, or Linux PC
- An Android Device, Even Honeycomb!
*Pictures Coming Soon*
1) Download FileZilla Client from here:
Remember to choose the right OS (If your running Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc.
2) Go to your Android Powered Device and Download SwiFTP from the market.
Or, just go to the link above and click "Install" and if you didn't, sign in to your Google Account that your Android device is signed into.
3) Open SwiFTP. Remember to read the License Agreement.
4) Click "Start" on the home screen.
If you want to set a password and username, which is recommended, press the menu button on your phone or tablet and click settings. Self explanatory from there on. (Just type in desired password and username, and scroll to the bottom to find the save button.)
5) Go on your computer again, open up the FileZilla FTP Client we installed earlier.
6) Type in the address (something like 192.168, etc. You'll find it in the Home Screen of the SwiFTP.) Type in your password and username (if you did set it), and make sure to put the port "2121" if you didn't change it.
7) That's it! Your connected. If you need any help, commend and I'll immediately respond.
You could interchange this: make your computer the server and download a good client on your Thrive. Tutorial on this soon. It's fairly easy, though and can be done by simply doing the same steps, except pretend that Thrive is a computer, and a computer is a Thrive. Again, comment for help!
FOR PICTURES, GO TO THE LINK IN THE ABOVE POST OR CLICK HERE
Make sure you go there often for tutorials, rumors, and more!