@Super-chimp: you take it to the service center, replace it, switch to sth else, or what?
I hope we don't get into the phase what dryhte
mentioned with the nail varnish (though I wait for his findings on that topic, too).
I collected at our forum where I'm active on this topic:
1. in the official SE-forums started a thread with the most Views considering this topic
2. XDA: I'am the 2nd most active in the forum addressing the problem
3. I contacted SE support of US, exchanged several e-mails
4. I indicated this week by phone and e-mail the issue to the Hungarian SE-Support.
5. I try to find out the reason why the SK17i are quarantined by one vendor (confirmed by many British consumers), you still can not get it.
6. I typed here (I mean there), and to the Hungarian SE-blog
7. I'm one of the authors to a blog-post detailing all the problem we face with SK17i
(and I even don't mention the t-seria.hu, GSMArena forums, and Facebook)
huh, a little UPDATE- I just wanted to let you know I'm with you, but nothing is happening except from my thread receiving high view-numbers (I know you're part of it
- keep on), WHEN I realized that got a less ordinary message! (I don't have time - Google translate from Hungarian, sorry):
"Sony Ericsson (official avatar - no standard members can have this)
Read user reviews and want to find out exactly that problem. We tried to reproduce the error to us the Xperia mini pro appliances, but we had no this problem.
We would like to invite you to drop into the machine for repair, where priority will handle the matter, but please send it to us and the service panel Registration number.
Official Sony Ericsson's presence in the forums Mobilarena"
I will reproduce it for them.