[ROM] Salsa Fresca- HTC Salsa ROM port [v1.3] [8/21]

Search This thread

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
I present to you, Salsa Fresca.

This ROM is heavily based off of drowningchild's. Props to him.

Facebook Version http://www.mediafire.com/?tqhe85kknkdqkhb

Search Version http://www.mediafire.com/?2dp0psxpbx5jbml

Feastures

HTC Sense 2.1 with some 3.0 features
Gingerbread
Everything a Salsa port should have
CRT ANIMATIONS!!!!! (From CM7)
Landscape HTC Sense
Search button searches
Full HTC Sense (no removed widgets or htc applications)
HTC Sense 3.0 Task manager

Broken

FM Radio
Bluetooth

Changelog

v1.3

added facebook (with facebook) version and search ( without facebook) version
fixed lockscreen

v1.2

Changed Rom base to Pico de gallo (drowningchild) fixing TONS of problems
added CRT animations
added HTC Sense 3.0 taskmanager
zipaligned apks
Advanced power and reboot menus

v1.0.0
Rom release

Many thanks to attn1 (for rooting the aria), samuel2706 (for his amazing rom porting guide), drowningchild (for being the first to port the salsa ROM and allowing me to actually use it as a base for mine ), the Team Highly Medicated and all of you testers.

Add-ons/patches (Don't flash these. Open them up, go to system, then app, and copy all the files in there into the actual ROM.)

Remove Landscape Rosie ( Also for the time being gives a %100 working lockscreen) http://www.mediafire.com/?4qg17c1c2eb8t8h

Last edited:

ameza001

Nov 9, 2009
Houston
Thanks K. Can you confirm FM radio? Downloading this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

Does the wifi modem works ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "wifi modem," but the WiFi connects and works.

Rotating the Sense home screen is interesting - but when you get back to Portrait, the top of the default clock gets truncated. Very odd.
And the Search button doesn't search. It tries to launch Facebook stuff. I solved this in Salsa by using a button remapper, which works just fine.

I'm not sure what the advantages are of this ROM over the Salsa ROM, other than the screen-off animation and power menu.

I've had decent luck using Salsa - I like Sense. If it were a little snappier, I'd REALLY be happy.

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
I couldn't access the market, just kept loading forever

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

May 25, 2009
Salsa Fresca 1.2

Tried Salsa_Fresca_1.2.zip after a clean wipe of the device.

Everything seems to work good, even bluetooth!

The only thing missing in 1.2 is mapping of long press of Search (hardware button) it pulls up facebook even with voice search enabled. and of course Radio was not functional, but at least BT was!

Also is there a method to manually remove facebook completely from this ROM or is it too integrated into Sense for removal?

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland

The only thing missing in 1.2 is mapping of long press of Search (hardware button) it pulls up facebook even with voice search enabled. and of course Radio was not functional, but at least BT was!

Also is there a method to manually remove facebook completely from this ROM or is it too integrated into Sense for removal?

Keep up the great work!

You're kidding, Bluetooth worked?! Like, with no bugs/ oddities at all?

Sent from my mind using a HTC Intruder

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In order to fix the search button, replace HTC_SHARE for SEARCH within the liberty-keypad file located under system/usr/keylayout

Now regarding BT are u sure it's 100%?

Keep up the great work!

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland

Keep up the great work!

.... it works? Even I didn't know.....

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
FWIW, I've been trying to get a kernel that works for these Salsa ROMs that supports all the accessories that Liberty needs to work with Gingerbread Sense. It's tough because official HTC kernels for the Aria ended at 2.6.32 and Sense Gingerbread seems to need something extra only available in 2.6.35. So far all my attempts have resulted in hangs at boot that hang even before I can get a logcat so I don't have any idea what's failing.

The 2.6.32 kernels work, but they spawn 2 or 3 flushd processes that collectively consume 96% or more of the cpu making them unusable.

I've put this on the back-burner for now but hope to be able to port over the board-liberty kernel files from CM7's kernel to the official Gingerbread Sense 2.6.35 source tree, but it's been an uphill battle.

May 25, 2009
Bluetooth, Facebook and etc.

As long as I have bluetooth on before I turn on the bluetooth headset, the headset (a motorola HK210) always connects. I always turn off BT on the Phone whenever I am not using it to save batteries. Then I turn it back on before I connect the HK210 while driving etc. So maybe it's turning it off and on that makes it work perfect. Not exactly sure but I have had not issues beyond the initial pairing.

As to removing Facebook and fixing the Search button. I just unzipped the Salsa_Fresca_1.2.zip to a directory. I edited the liberty-keypad.kl file as described by _jfo_. Thank you so much _jfo_. Then I removed Facebook.apk, HtcFacebook.apk, HtcFacebookChat.apk, HtcFacebookChatWidget.apk, and HtcFMRadio.apk (Since Radio was not working anyway.)

Then I rezipped, copied to my microsd card, clean wiped, flashed the zip with Clockworkmod and all is great! BTW I use My Backup App to backup call logs, MMS and SMS to my microSD and then restore them after the flash. Since these are the main things I really need the app has served me well and is well worth $4.99.

As far as the lock screen I would suggest removal of the "rosie_scroll" directory on your microSD card if it is there. I did and then a clean wipe/flash and now lock screen works perfectly. Even pulling the Phone, Mail, Camera and Messages to the ring works. Then pulling the ring up reveals the 9 dots etc like expected.

Thanks to all!

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I figured it was not going to be an easy mission. But keep up the work. In the meantime, BT is bearable as is since I only use it when I talk and drive.

Thanks for your work and devotion Gene.

FWIW, I've been trying to get a kernel that works for these Salsa ROMs that supports all the accessories that Liberty needs to work with Gingerbread Sense. It's tough because official HTC kernels for the Aria ended at 2.6.32 and Sense Gingerbread seems to need something extra only available in 2.6.35. So far all my attempts have resulted in hangs at boot that hang even before I can get a logcat so I don't have any idea what's failing.

The 2.6.32 kernels work, but they spawn 2 or 3 flushd processes that collectively consume 96% or more of the cpu making them unusable.

I've put this on the back-burner for now but hope to be able to port over the board-liberty kernel files from CM7's kernel to the official Gingerbread Sense 2.6.35 source tree, but it's been an uphill battle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present to you, Salsa Fresca.

This ROM is heavily based off of drowningchild's. Props to him.

Facebook Version http://www.mediafire.com/?tqhe85kknkdqkhb

Search Version http://www.mediafire.com/?2dp0psxpbx5jbml

Feastures

HTC Sense 2.1 with some 3.0 features
    Gingerbread
    Everything a Salsa port should have
    CRT ANIMATIONS!!!!! (From CM7)
    Landscape HTC Sense
    Search button searches
    Full HTC Sense (no removed widgets or htc applications)
    HTC Sense 3.0 Task manager

Broken

FM Radio
    Bluetooth

Changelog

v1.3

added facebook (with facebook) version and search ( without facebook) version
    fixed lockscreen

v1.2

Changed Rom base to Pico de gallo (drowningchild) fixing TONS of problems
    added CRT animations
    added HTC Sense 3.0 taskmanager
    zipaligned apks
    Advanced power and reboot menus

v1.0.0
    Rom release

Many thanks to attn1 (for rooting the aria), samuel2706 (for his amazing rom porting guide), drowningchild (for being the first to port the salsa ROM and allowing me to actually use it as a base for mine ), the Team Highly Medicated and all of you testers.

Add-ons/patches (Don't flash these. Open them up, go to system, then app, and copy all the files in there into the actual ROM.)

Remove Landscape Rosie ( Also for the time being gives a %100 working lockscreen) http://www.mediafire.com/?4qg17c1c2eb8t8h
    I too always have BT off until I am ready to connect to my headset. However, unlike you, it's always a battle to get it to stay connected. I can get it to connect and if I make a phone call right away it will work fine. But it's when I either call or receive a call say 5, 10, 15, ... minutes later that suddently I realize that although it was shown as connected, it was actually disconnect. Then I have to go through the assle of reconnecting it again. Additionally, it doesn't auto-connect like it should. Normally, once it's paired to an headset, it should auto-connect when you turn on the headset. In my case, it does 1 in every 200 try.

I'll try deleting the rosie_scroll folder and see if that does the trick. Thanks for your input on this one.

As long as I have bluetooth on before I turn on the bluetooth headset, the headset (a motorola HK210) always connects. I always turn off BT on the Phone whenever I am not using it to save batteries. Then I turn it back on before I connect the HK210 while driving etc. So maybe it's turning it off and on that makes it work perfect. Not exactly sure but I have had not issues beyond the initial pairing.

As to removing Facebook and fixing the Search button. I just unzipped the Salsa_Fresca_1.2.zip to a directory. I edited the liberty-keypad.kl file as described by _jfo_. Thank you so much _jfo_. Then I removed Facebook.apk, HtcFacebook.apk, HtcFacebookChat.apk, HtcFacebookChatWidget.apk, and HtcFMRadio.apk (Since Radio was not working anyway.)

Then I rezipped, copied to my microsd card, clean wiped, flashed the zip with Clockworkmod and all is great! BTW I use My Backup App to backup call logs, MMS and SMS to my microSD and then restore them after the flash. Since these are the main things I really need the app has served me well and is well worth $4.99.

As far as the lock screen I would suggest removal of the "rosie_scroll" directory on your microSD card if it is there. I did and then a clean wipe/flash and now lock screen works perfectly. Even pulling the Phone, Mail, Camera and Messages to the ring works. Then pulling the ring up reveals the 9 dots etc like expected.

Thanks to all!
    cannot install the patch from clockmod, is giving me an error "status 7" an after that the phone wont boot, please help thank you.
    I think that this patch it's BAD it don't work! :(

Not sure what's bad in the patch but I was able to get the updates in without any problems. What I did was copying the files from the patch in the 1.3 zip release so that I only needed to flash once after wiping data and cache. So I never really tested the actual patch. You can do that and if u have the backup option checked, u'll get ur apps restored after the first boot.