Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HDMI Adapter Problems/Flickering Output

Tip us?

sternweezy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah I tried watching a movie on mine last night with about 70% battery and it switched from TV to Tab then back to TV about every 5 minutes.

mtran2988
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I don't have an HDMI out cable, but I was wondering if you guys were plugging the charger into the HDMI, or if you were using it without it. I'm curious because I saw a review about it stating they needed the Charger to be plugged into the HDMI to get it to work.

NightFire123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtran2988 View Post
I don't have an HDMI out cable, but I was wondering if you guys were plugging the charger into the HDMI, or if you were using it without it. I'm curious because I saw a review about it stating they needed the Charger to be plugged into the HDMI to get it to work.
yhea thats right you have to plug the wall charger in otherwhise it wont display anything at all, our problem is the faulty result whats on the screen

SenatorKen
Old
(Last edited by SenatorKen; 28th August 2011 at 01:08 AM.) Reason: Clarified my question.
Thanks Meter 1
Wow. I was just about to order the HDMI adapter from Sammy (I stubbornly kept waiting for BestBuy or Verizon to get one in stock). But seeing all these problems, I wonder if they're having quality or other issues, and hence why it's not hitting shelves yet.

Does anyone have a feel for whether all seem to be defective, or if these posts are more representative of the adapters that are defective? (guessing from those saying they've tried more than one, that there seems to be a general problem with the adapters).

mopar
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Okay I have a 10.1 galaxy tab wifi and a home made dock from a 7 inch tab and 10 inch tab dock. Using the oem power adapter that came with my tab. With my hdmi dock I watched a movie on amazon instant via the browser And I rented a movie from google. Both movies played perfectly through my 50 inch plasma tv via the hdmi dock.. I can tell you that movies would not play from google untell touchwiz update. but after the update I have had no problems whatsoever playing any content via hdmi. Also I don't know if it makes any difference but I have never rooted my tab. Good luck guys I don't know what's going on I hope you figure it out.

playaed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey mopar. Is your tv a 1080p? Both my hdtvs are 1080i so im wondering if thats causing the issue. I think i read somewhere that this tab outputs in 1080p. I dont think its the video player because it cuts in and out without running any programs. Its like every 30 seconds the tv screen will cut out go black and then come back on. its basically useless.

mopar
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I believe my tv is the lower of the 2 not sure though.... it's definitely not a high end tv but it is new..w

NightFire123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
my tv is a 1080p

mkhalil06
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I just got the adapter today and haven't had any problems with it so far

NightFire123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I just got the 7 " docking with HDMI out and it works like a charm, so it seems to be a production problem with the adapters. Brought me the 10.1 dock to put the piece on the 7 " base.