[guide] tmous 1.45.531 + cwm + root
THE HOW TO GUIDE
This guide will show you how to go from whatever you are on to the TMOUS 1.45.531.1 + ClockWorks Custom Recovery + Root
The intention of this guide is to create a NOOBPROOF guide so any assistance or guidance in creating such a guide is welcomed
This guide is under the assumption that:
1. You have S-Off
2. You have Clockworks 22.214.171.124 (The one with the BLUE writing)
3. You are rooted
4. You have a T-Mobile-branded Sensation
If you don’t have any of the assumptions above, Go to this post
and run steps 1 through 3
The T-Mobile OTA v1.45.531.1 changes from T-Mobile
The radio attached with this OTA is 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01 which is the same version as the 1.45.401.2 OTA/RUU in our European counterparts. Link to radio only is here
Read how to flash radio here
The Radio-Interface-Layer or RIL found on this version is HTC-RIL 2.2.0169HMQ which is what is known to compatible with 2.3.4 ROMs and found with the 1.45.401.2 OTA/RUU update in our European counterparts.
ALL TOOLS, DOWNLOADS, LINKS AND OTHER RELATED INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED AS IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANT – EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING AS TO THEIR LEGAL EFFECT AND COMPLETENESS.
They are for guidance and should be modified to meet your needs. Use at your own risk.
In most, if not all, cases; these actions void warranty.
1. NANDROID BACKUP!! I cannot stress how important it is to backup. Enter CWM and backup! Problems remembering how to start CWR Check out the subsection marked “To Start Clockwork Recovery”
of this post
2. Get the RUU_Pyramid_TMOUS_1.29.531.2_Radio_10.42.9007.00P_ 10.11.9007.15_M_release_193714_signed
from the Shipped Pyramid ROM Collection. Link to post is here
3. Flash the above file to your phone. Needless to say – THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE AND PLACE YOU BACK TO STOCK 1.29. PLEASE NOTE! This will NOT remove S-OFF !!
4. On your phone, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> HTC Updates, and press the check now button. It should prompt you to download the 1.45 Update. Download and install the update.
5. Once you have downloaded and installed the update, it’s time to install Clockworks Recovery. Carefully follow the instructions in Step 2 here
6. Once Clockworks Recovery installed and working, just continue with Step 3 in above post or here
to get rooted.
7. Once rooted, re-run Revolutionary! Check Step 1 in the above post or here
The reason for rerunning Revolutionary is that the OTA update changes the HBOOT so you don’t have all fastboot commands like fastboot flash. This may be necessary when it comes to assistance with other ROMs.
8. NANDROID BACKUP!! – That way you don’t have to do this twice!
9. Press Thanks at the bottom of the post if this has helped you in any way.
Revolutionary still works!
Fr3vo Exploit for temp root does NOT work after OTA update!
The biggest SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to nxt
! Without your work, I’d be doing all the research myself lol.
Go to his thread
and thank him as well