Tip us?

smokin1337
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1522

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMonger View Post
Not sure what the point of this is? From what system panel says my second core isn't active unless it's needed anyway. Why disable it? If you're second core is being used while your phone isn't in use seems like you may have other issues you need to look at. No?
The mod makes the second core active all the time while your phone is awake. While its sleeping the second core gets turned off. It doesn't disable the second core.

Like my sig ? Click on it to get it and other user images..!!!
My Mods:
CPU Editor
Bootanimation4U
BProp editor - Aroma Based Build.prop Editor
Buy me a Beer ? Donate
:(){ :|:& };:

mikeyxda
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin1337 View Post
The mod makes the second core active all the time while your phone is awake. While its sleeping the second core gets turned off. It doesn't disable the second core.
Tried it and ended up removing it. Actually lost 20-30% speed in benchmarks. Try it, but be sure to run benchmarks before and after.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Some of my other creations (mostly digital photography software):
http://www.ddisoftware.com

guyver2077
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Finally got to try a custom lock ring..super cool but reverted the home clock to default white background

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Cingular 8125 on Cingular Network. 2006
EVO 4g on Sprint Network. 2010
EVO 3d on Sprint Network
Galaxy S2 on Sprint Network
Evo LTE on Sprint Network
Iphone 5 on Verizon
Galaxy S4 on Verizon

smokin1337
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1522

DONATE TO ME
I only lost anything in linpack, i think its the dual cores messing it up. My test in quadrant doubled. But i guess everyone gets different results.

Like my sig ? Click on it to get it and other user images..!!!
My Mods:
CPU Editor
Bootanimation4U
BProp editor - Aroma Based Build.prop Editor
Buy me a Beer ? Donate
:(){ :|:& };:

GadgetMonger
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin1337 View Post
Ok. Seems like I misunderstood the way it works. That being said, the way you explain it doesn't make sense to me either. I can see how having both cores running would enhance your phones speed, but how would it improve batt life? Seems like that would straight destroy your battery. As for turning off the second core while the phone is sleeping, that happens anyway. Right?

macramentonate
Old
(Last edited by macramentonate; 30th August 2011 at 04:20 AM.) Reason: Thanks
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Arrow beats audio (issue?)

I enabled beats audio in the music app with the dre beats connected and didn't hear a difference in the audio. Also the other equalizer options are not available. Any way to get a flashable zip of the old app or like a downloadable apk? Any word on that reflow thing a few pages back?

Nice ROM btw. Thanks Steel beautiful work.
Booyaka Booyaka that's the sound from my cannon!!

rmaxson29
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank Steel the roms are awesome

theimpaler747
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2628

DONATE TO ME
Great rom. No LED flash on messages. That's my only complaint.

rleonard55
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Steel, Iíve been using your rom from 2.0 to 2.1 and each step along the way. Each time everything has went off without a hitch. This time when trying to flash 2.1, I cannot seem to make this work.

If I try to flash over 2.02 it seems like it flashes ok but when I reboot the phone it stays on the flashing android boot animation and never(15min) moves beyond that point. It does seem to be doing something though since after a while the screen brightness shifts to 100% and then soon after the screen shuts off (with CRT animations), it can we woken up but nothing changes.

If I do a full wipe, again all seems well during flashing. After itís done I reboot , the phone actually Ďcomes upí to the screen where itís almost up (right before the lock ring actually show up normally). I see the background of the lock screen but the lock ring never comes up. I have the clock and all icons in the status bar but cannot swipe it down at all.(Pic attached) The phone can receive a phone call at this point but the dialer never comes up to allow answering although the green phone icon show in the notification bar.

I have tried re-downloading the rom again from both links. Iíve tried flashing my stock rooted nandroid backup and attempting 2.1 again from thereÖEach with identical results is there something else I should be trying or something stupid I am missing? Thanks for any thoughts you might have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-29_19-28-21.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	704499  

SteelH
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2897
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimpaler747 View Post
Great rom. No LED flash on messages. That's my only complaint.
You don't have them turned on in settings then.

Tags
blue steel, steelrom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe