Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Kernel] 3.2-oc,uv,explosions. razzle dazzle.. pretty much everything (12-07-2011)

OP Blades

18th September 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
Been trying the hignmv-kernel on ARHD 1.2.1, runs like a charm! Scored 7146 on AnTuTu =D. Been using it for a couple of hours, nothing strange yet. Thx Blades!!
19th September 2011, 05:43 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 17

153 posts
Thanks..I am going to test this on Revolver 3.2...Lets see how this features...Thanks
20th September 2011, 03:04 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 17

153 posts
Best Kernel so far...on TF101...Snappy with Revolver 3.2...
Does this kernel have support for Voodoo?...Please let me know

Thanks
Misfitz
24th September 2011, 04:41 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 963

3,420 posts
Absolutely loving this kernel on Revolver 3.2! VERY fast! Since it defaults to OC speed, you really don't even need SetCPU or anything if you don't want it.

I find that this kernel hits all CPU frequencies between 1000 and the max, whereas Cemsyn's kernel hits 1000 and then goes right to the max speed (skips all freqs inbetween).

Great work.

EDIT: Ha! My Antutu benchmark score went from 4506 (stock kernel) to 6185 (ths kernel)! Just by installing the kernel - no SetCPU, no tuning, no nothing...

Amazing....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jtrosky; 24th September 2011 at 04:51 PM.
26th September 2011, 08:16 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215

700 posts
Thanks for the compliments.. Yeah, I don't like to use any android apps unless I have to - most always run in the background.. I just got emc working (well, booting - and not bootlooping) - I think I have to screw around with the timings a little before it actually boots into android.. I define booting as the audible click of the camera at start up.. that tells you the system at least got somewhere..

After something like 20 days of uptime I decided it was too stable.. So I 'advanced' the timings again and no crash.. I also decided that sdmmc is awful slow.. I have 2x RAID0 vertex 3s that just benchmarked at 1025 MB/sec read speeds.. yet this tablet ****s itself when trying to copy a file at 10MB/sec.. So yeah.. trying to boost the speeds of that.. Probably won't go too well..

sdmmc tweak just booted.. My objective is to have it report a max clock of 52000000(/1000/1000).. and its a no go.. here I was thinking it was pll_u.. at least thats at 52000000..

sdmmc is pll_p divided 4.5 - soo uhh.. why.. must be something awful like emc has been.. all I'm asking for is 4 mhz dammit..

I'll post the 09-20-2011 (small increase in perf) soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blades For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2011, 08:30 PM   |  #26  
Flag Monfumo (NGI Service)
Thanks Meter: 243

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades

Thanks for the compliments.. Yeah, I don't like to use any android apps unless I have to - most always run in the background.. I just got emc working (well, booting - and not bootlooping) - I think I have to screw around with the timings a little before it actually boots into android.. I define booting as the audible click of the camera at start up.. that tells you the system at least got somewhere..

After something like 20 days of uptime I decided it was too stable.. So I 'advanced' the timings again and no crash.. I also decided that sdmmc is awful slow.. I have 2x RAID0 vertex 3s that just benchmarked at 1025 MB/sec read speeds.. yet this tablet ****s itself when trying to copy a file at 10MB/sec.. So yeah.. trying to boost the speeds of that.. Probably won't go too well..

sdmmc tweak just booted.. My objective is to have it report a max clock of 52000000(/1000/1000).. and its a no go.. here I was thinking it was pll_u.. at least thats at 52000000..

sdmmc is pll_p divided 4.5 - soo uhh.. why.. must be something awful like emc has been.. all I'm asking for is 4 mhz dammit..

I'll post the 09-20-2011 (small increase in perf) soon.

Would be great! can you really boost hard drive performances? i think also that 2 ghz for core can hit stock kal-el power..! if tegra 3 is 5 time faster than tegra 2, also using tegra 2 OC up to 1.7ghz reduced this gap consistently. Try to think if our transformer can hit 2Ghz!!
27th September 2011, 01:53 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215

700 posts
2.0GHz.. not on any of these -
(embedded image de-embedded due to size)
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/tableoftablets.jpeg

The regulator won't allow anything past 1.5 volts for vdd and vdd cpu must be 50mv less than vdd core... I can try 1.8 - if there is anyone that can't do that at max vcore then i can start bumping up the freq past that..

There may be some type of 'fix' to alter/remove this limitation.. but that would require some homework to say the least.. It probably won't work.. theres a usually a ceiling or a point of diminishing returns.. in other words. bumping up the vcore past 1.5V might not even return any gain in possible freq.. then theres heat..

I'd like to see what happens when I disable the second core (not in kernel, via sysfs).. and bump up the freq to a normally crashable level. It'll probably work..

The strange thing is that my TF101 needs more vcore than the G-Tab (~1.375V @ 1704) and the Xoom ~1400mv at 1.7GHz.

That is all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blades For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2011, 08:00 AM   |  #28  
Flag Monfumo (NGI Service)
Thanks Meter: 243

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades

2.0GHz.. not on any of these -
(embedded image de-embedded due to size)
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/tableoftablets.jpeg

The regulator won't allow anything past 1.5 volts for vdd and vdd cpu must be 50mv less than vdd core... I can try 1.8 - if there is anyone that can't do that at max vcore then i can start bumping up the freq past that..

There may be some type of 'fix' to alter/remove this limitation.. but that would require some homework to say the least.. It probably won't work.. theres a usually a ceiling or a point of diminishing returns.. in other words. bumping up the vcore past 1.5V might not even return any gain in possible freq.. then theres heat..

I'd like to see what happens when I disable the second core (not in kernel, via sysfs).. and bump up the freq to a normally crashable level. It'll probably work..

The strange thing is that my TF101 needs more vcore than the G-Tab (~1.375V @ 1704) and the Xoom ~1400mv at 1.7GHz.

That is all

So what will be your next goal? in any case have your kernel Voodoo ability enabled? because it is so usable during music listening however i thought also an improvement for hard disk read/write speed..do you think can be applied some hacks?
27th September 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #29  

3,420 posts
@Blades - thanks for the great kernel - I have noticed that while your kernel seems to use all of the CPU frequenices more than any other kernel, I still find that over time, most of the speeds between 1000 and 1540 are not being used as much as you would think. Is there any way to make it use those frequencies more instead of alwats jumping to 1540 right away?

Thanks again!

28th September 2011, 02:29 AM   |  #30  

3,420 posts
Hmm, is anyone else having issues where their transformer will just freeze up with this kernel? It's happend to me enough, that I'm back on the stock kernel for now.... I'm thinking my TF just cant handle the default of 1540Mhz - it that a typical result of being too-overclocked?

When the TF freezed, I can still turn the screen off and on with the power button, but that's it.. I have to hold in the power button to reboot to get it back at that point....

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blades = pwnernatorlicious + razzle dazzle, can i use this, clemsyn is a whore, does this work with revolver rom, pet unicorn
Previous Thread Next Thread