[ROM] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 (UPDATE) (Full maintenance release)
Aright - I've decided to release bugfix, to merge all bugixes into one, and ellegant zip. There were few things in my previous release that lacked proper out of box experience (there were solutions, but i wanted it to be more streamlined). So here it is:
- bt restart bug seems to be fixed (be sure to test it)
- improved kernel based on eoghan2t7 and asn sources (lots and lots of governors)
- video playback issue fix
- newest egl libraries from latest leaked RUU
- upstream cyanogenmod merge
Update of update
New kernel fix - contains BT restart and Youtube Patches.
Untill i'll prepare full update - treat it as a remedy for known problems
In case of problems - try this kernel (thx eoghan2t7)
Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 Release.
After almost a year, since I've started this madness, I'm proud to present Unofficial 7.2. Release.
Greetings and thx:
- modpunk (ASN)
- Jacob Crawley
- And everyone I've forgot to thank
- BT restart
- Youtube Playback (I can make an update with older Adreno libs, but for now it's a dillema: performance vs youtube)
Rest is history
As promised, here's update with new libs. This version introduces new kernel by ASN (a more generic and stable approach, with lot's of strange governors and bfqs removed, as they were obsolete.), new 3d hardware libs and few more fixes. This should fix previous opengl related problems in various apps. Be sure torture this rom using whathever GTA or Tapsonic apps you have - remember to leave a feedback.
P.S. I forgot to disable some really high OC values, so try not to melt your phones
Download from googlecode.
Back to googlecode, and new build (CM-7.2-RC1 - 03-11-2012)
I've just noticed, that cm7 has now release-7.2 branch in the repo, so, here it is:
Personally, i think, it's more stable, than 7.1.0 "stable" from this thread
- fixed wrong device info in market (at last, thx ASN!)
Changed the link, to a hotfile.
Mirror is on my googlecode, as usual.
Yes, there will be a cm9 build soon, i belive
Updated build (2012-02-26) here:
Download from googlecode
Cm 7.1.0 "Stable" version, many people asked for this build:
Download from googlecode
Testing kernel with swap and qualcomm hw3d options enabled:
Google code repo for updated "nightly" builds (Not really nightly, but more frequent, i want to provide updated builds synced with cm7 repo)
Update: Fixed Camera FPS
Finally i was able to resolve some problems, and now i can produce CM7 builds on time basis.
Standard vanilla Cyanogenmod build, no sugar added
Due to massive spam flood in the thread, i was given and advice, to put more info on bug report here
So here we go:
- build report must contain full device name (marvel, marvelc or marvelct) and radio rom version, logacat and dmesg logs (use pastebin
, do not post it directly)
- Installing for example themes is accteptable (this MIUI theme
is sweet, i tell you!) , however the best bug reports are those achieved on vanilla rom, without any 3rd party scripts (like Links2sd) this will make finding bugs easier, because there would be less suspects
Do not post stuff unrelated to core rom (like for exaple orange line in rom above, because it's a part of the "black" flavor
- if there is a problem, be sure to check if it's the bug or feature (like the flash-on camera expo options)
- keep in mind that this is an unofficial port of the RC rom, there will be issues, some of them can be fixed by my, some just can't (and remember, not to bugger CM team with bug repports - this piece of software is unsupported by them, for now)
- Be specific and reasonable, and be sure to read forum before you post.80% problems i ran into when i was PORTING, i could solve by SEARCHING INFORMATION on GOOGLE
- Please remember, that this port is in 90% done by one person, unaffiliated wit HTC or Cyanogenmod, yes i may have about 10 years of experience with GNU/Linux, but i'm still learning about Android (porting CWM and CM7 was a really huge task for a noob, but i like challenges
) I'm doing this because i like it, and i share it, because i like you. Let's not change that
- Regarding above, I'm open to suggesstions, but not demands
- I also happen to have personal life, I'm married, i have a work, and i've been studying IT, so there WILL be breaks from porting
- I will never add any customization to this rom, my goal is to keep it 100% vanilla Cyanogenmod port. No sugar added. I want it to become a stable AOSP base for modded roms, and this means i have to keep it as stock as possible. I like to have a choice, and I'm offering the same to you.
- Due to my _distinct_ sense of humor, some of my post may be seen as offending, misantrophic, racist, unpleasant, mean harsh or rude. I'm just kidding, i'm trying to have as much patience as i can, but sometimes i have to release some steam
- I belive modding this port should be discussed elsewhere. I can provide information where to find values to modify (for example, video encoding values are in /etc/media-profiles.xml you can set quality to insane level here)
- to everyone porting to marvelc and marvelct devices, try to keep those devices in separate trees, because of current incompatibility. I hope this will get merged in the future. I've made some basic support in kernel, so it boots on this devices, but the problem is - i don't have acces to devices, so everything is up to marvelc and marvelct owners.
- this is developement thread, keep this in mind, and restrain yourself from posting about problems with installation. It's not the place for this kind of discussion
- if you want to help, get involved, just help and be helpful. Searching for information is probablu second most important thing after
- don't forget to click thanks!
I hope this makes things more clear.
- upstream version changed from 7.1 to 7.2
- fixed "camera and flash" error
- removed ldpi stuff
Big THX to RussCrazyRabbit and Dimasi4ka of 4pda.ru
for pointing me in the right direction (Yes it was not in kernel
and providing fixed build.
I'll upload sources when i finish cleaning. As for marvelc and marvelct devices - expect kernel update with proper support soon.
My Wife, Cyanogenmod team, Defer, Drowningchild, HCDR.Jacob, PabloPL,Sadman601, RussCrazyRabbit and Dimasi4ka
I would also want to thank all the donators and people whom i might forgot / i was unable to give official credit!
update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-marvel-KANG-signed.zip - (Fixed camera fps)
The only fully supported phone variant atm is MARVEL.
MARVELC/MARVELCT owners need to be a little patient and do not flash this rom until it's fixed (unless they have some dev experience - it's the kernel)
md5sum - 071834195f4ddb5626a895d2289aa678
Description below saved for sentimental reason
Alright, this is it. the real deal. I've decided to go into beta status, because major functions are operational, or, should i say - work for me This is unofficial port, so don't bother Cyanogenmod team with bug reports, just report it here. I'll try to fix as much as possible. Because of camera flash bug, i suggest turning off flash in Camera app until it's fixed. Also, be sure to check this link
This rom uses port of Drowningchild's kernel
- camera app crashes when using flash (todo)
DOWNLOAD ROM (MULTIUPLOAD)
I'm looking for kernel developer to help me fix camera with flash
My Wife, Cyanogenmod team, Defer, Drowningchild, HCDR.Jacob, PabloPL,Sadman601
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION, DEATH OF YOUR PET, WRATH OF GOD; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
No one reads disclaimers, anyway.