FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 (UPDATE) (Full maintenance release)

330 posts
Thanks Meter: 837
 
By alquez, Senior Member on 20th August 2011, 07:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th December 2011, 07:45 PM |#361  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel007

Good luck mate!

Wish i could be more help.

My feelings exactly! Testing is fine though!
 
 
6th December 2011, 01:45 AM |#362  
aigaming's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
We are crossing our fingers Wish you luck
6th December 2011, 09:18 AM |#363  
alquez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 837
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playagiron

My feelings exactly! Testing is fine though!

Well, actually you can help me. You can google, or ask devs, how to relocate library, because i cannot find proper solution

Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): loading liboemcamera at 0x0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): FATAL ERROR: could not dlopen liboemcamera.so: Cannot load library: reserve_mem_region[831]: OOPS:   137      prelinked library 'liboemcamera.so' mapped at 0x40e0c000, not at 0xa7700000
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): createInstance: startCamera failed!
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): ~QualcommCameraHardware E
This will allow me to release cm updated to 7.2.0, which, in my opinion is faster and more stable (using the build for about 2 weeks, not releasing, because of camera regression)
I just need to know, where to look (kernel, source libs, system map)
Last edited by alquez; 6th December 2011 at 09:21 AM.
6th December 2011, 10:18 AM |#364  
intel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 459
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquez

Well, actually you can help me. You can google, or ask devs, how to relocate library, because i cannot find proper solution

Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): loading liboemcamera at 0x0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): FATAL ERROR: could not dlopen liboemcamera.so: Cannot load library: reserve_mem_region[831]: OOPS:   137      prelinked library 'liboemcamera.so' mapped at 0x40e0c000, not at 0xa7700000
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): createInstance: startCamera failed!
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): ~QualcommCameraHardware E
This will allow me to release cm updated to 7.2.0, which, in my opinion is faster and more stable (using the build for about 2 weeks, not releasing, because of camera regression)
I just need to know, where to look (kernel, source libs, system map)

Ok Alquez im gonna do some more hunting. I will join cyanogen forums today and see if any devs can help.
6th December 2011, 11:59 AM |#365  
intel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 459
 
More
here is a link to cyanogen post i made, hopefully a dev might reply or follow the link to us.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/3...needed-please/
simonsimons34
7th December 2011, 02:04 AM |#366  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Im trying to help with the kernel, (im making myself one too for CDMA) but i keep getting a build error that i cant make odds or ends of if i get this I know I can do the porting, porting is no problem for me:
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
CC kernel/bounds.s
GEN include/generated/bounds.h
/bin/sh: include/generated/bounds.h: Permission denied
make[1]: *** [include/generated/bounds.h] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2
8th December 2011, 06:22 AM |#367  
perhaps a tidbit that might bring you closer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquez

Well, actually you can help me. You can google, or ask devs, how to relocate library, because i cannot find proper solution

Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): loading liboemcamera at 0x0
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): FATAL ERROR: could not dlopen liboemcamera.so: Cannot load library: reserve_mem_region[831]: OOPS:   137      prelinked library 'liboemcamera.so' mapped at 0x40e0c000, not at 0xa7700000
E/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): createInstance: startCamera failed!
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  137): ~QualcommCameraHardware E
This will allow me to release cm updated to 7.2.0, which, in my opinion is faster and more stable (using the build for about 2 weeks, not releasing, because of camera regression)
I just need to know, where to look (kernel, source libs, system map)

My guess is pre linker or system map. This thread of Cyanogen to googlegroups helped me to partially comprehend what may be going on... Check it out.

Rob
8th December 2011, 10:02 AM |#368  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Hi alquez,

did some googling but I don't have a clear understanding of what relocating, libs etc. means so I don't think I can really contribute unfortunately ;-(
Regarding cm720, any news about the wireless problem? IMO, the wireless problems are more important at least to me compared to the camera and I have no idea what is the problem with wifi as compared to the camera issues.
Crossing Fingers!! And good luck with your studies!!
Cheers Johannes
8th December 2011, 01:28 PM |#369  
benjamingwynn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 2,395
 
Donate to Me
More
Could you add http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1362354 into the next build? I'm sure it will get more people to love your ROM. If you can't add this is it POSSIBLE. Will it work with cm7.2 or 7.1?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S running cm7 with overclocked 806 cpu and data2whatever using XDA App

--------------
UPDATE : I attempted to flash this and it gave me the HTC screen I had to reinstall CM7.
Last edited by benjamingwynn; 8th December 2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: update
8th December 2011, 08:07 PM |#370  
alquez's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 837
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamingwynn

Could you add http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1362354 into the next build? I'm sure it will get more people to love your ROM. If you can't add this is it POSSIBLE. Will it work with cm7.2 or 7.1?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S running cm7 with overclocked 806 cpu and data2whatever using XDA App

--------------
UPDATE : I attempted to flash this and it gave me the HTC screen I had to reinstall CM7.

I think removing the bugs is more important than bells 'n whistles
BTW, did anyone noticed any sd media access delay in my port, or is it my imagination?
9th December 2011, 10:15 AM |#371  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquez

I think removing the bugs is more important than bells 'n whistles
BTW, did anyone noticed any sd media access delay in my port, or is it my imagination?

Agree on the priority for bug removing!
Regarding the sd media access, what I thought to have recognize4d is that after unmounting the sd 1st partition it takes some time to get mouinted again, and it strangely also affects apps installed on the 2nd partition plus data moved on the 1st, but I am not sure that this is only in this ROM, but potentially.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes